The diet is based on the principles of naturopathic doctor James d'Adamo, who claims that blood type and human nutrition are closely interconnected. The blood group diet proceeds from the postulate that in the process of the evolution of mankind, the composition of blood changed and closely correlated with the type of food that the vast majority of the population of a given time period consumed.
At different stages of human evolution, various methods of social labor (hunting, farming, domestication of wild animals) prevailed, which formed the basis of their diet (meat, plant food, dairy products) and the type of metabolism. Accordingly, according to the author, the composition of blood (I, II, III and IV groups) also changed. It is on this statement that blood group nutrition is built, the essence of which is the need to include food products corresponding to it in the diet of a person with a specific blood group and to exclude / minimize products that do not correspond to it.
Despite the presence of a certain logic in this statement, there is no evidence-based scientific basis for separate nutrition by blood groups. Nevertheless, it is categorically argued that this is the right diet or the wrong one, because the blood group diet is more or less balanced by the main food nutrients and, unlike various types of rigid mono and express diets, is soft and designed for a long period, which suggests a lasting effect. A certain idea of the conformity of food products for people with different blood types is given by the table of nutrition by blood groups below.
|Featured Products||Diet red meat (lamb / beef), cod, pike red fish, olive oil, figs, beets, walnuts, pumpkin seeds.||Seafood, legumes, soy, rice, vegetable oils, buckwheat, artichoke, soy products, pineapples, Jerusalem artichoke, vegetables.||Olive oil, lamb, goat cheese, rabbit meat, oatmeal, flounder, mackerel, cod, rice, plum parsley, white cabbage.||Wheat bread, dairy products, turkey meat, lamb, mackerel, oatmeal, cod, corn oil, cranberries, kale, pineapples.|
|Limited products||Fatty meats, cheeses, dairy products, cottage cheese, pasta and flour products, potatoes, corn / peanut butter, strawberries, tangerines, olives, melon, oranges, avocados.||Wheat bread, ketchup, mayonnaise, potatoes, apricots, cranberries. It is advisable to exclude meat and various meat products from the diet.||Rye bread, beef, pork, chicken, goose, shrimp, anchovies, heart, lobster, eel, corn, sunflower, peanut butter, buckwheat, tomatoes, persimmons, pomegranates.||Whole milk, beef, ducklings, bacon, pumpkin seeds, flounder, crab, olive oil, salmon, beans, buckwheat, bananas, radish, pomegranates, avocados.|
|Weight Gain Products||Legumes, wheat, corn, head / cauliflower.||Dairy products, beans, meat, wheat.||Buckwheat, corn, peanuts, lentils, sesame seeds.||Beans, corn, buckwheat, wheat, red meat.|
|Weight Loss Products||Seafood, red meat, liver.||Soy products, vegetables, pineapples, vegetable oils.||Red meat, low fat dairy products, eggs, liver, green vegetables.||Green vegetables, dairy products, seafood (excluding dried, canned, smoked and dried), soy products, pineapples.|
Diet for 1 blood group
A diet for 1 positive blood group is based on the inclusion in the diet of mainly foods containing proteins of animal origin. In the diet of people of this blood group, it is necessary to include low-fat varieties of red meat (beef / lamb), offal (heart, liver, lungs), turkey meat, sea / river fish (herring, sturgeon, trout, halibut, perch, salmon, mackerel, cod , sardine, pike), excluding salted, smoked and pickled fish.
Other products containing animal protein (dairy products, chicken eggs) are poorly absorbed, with the exception of cottage cheese and can be consumed in very limited quantities. It is recommended to replace them with soy milk / cottage cheese "tofu", but soy products can be consumed as additional, but not basic.
An additional source of protein can be seeds (pumpkin seeds) and walnuts. It is mandatory to include olive and flaxseed vegetable oils in the diet, avoiding corn, peanut and cottonseed oils. It is useful to include seaweed, red wine in the diet. Persons with the first blood group are advised to avoid eating white wheat bread, corn, oat, millet and wheat groats, replacing these products with rye bread, rice bread, buckwheat and barley groats.
The diet for the 1st blood group includes products that promote weight loss - artichoke, Beijing cabbage, broccoli, spinach, Jerusalem artichoke, beetroots, leeks, radishes, spinach, broccoli, parsley, garlic, horseradish, pumpkin, plum, figs. Fruits neutral to vegetables include mushrooms, zucchini, daikon, ginger, fennel, tomatoes, dill, quince, watermelon, pears, apricot, peach, cherry, gooseberry, grapes.
Poorly digested and undesirable for weight loss: eggplant, avocado, white / red cabbage, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower, black olives, potatoes, tangerines, oranges, strawberries, strawberries, melon. Of the drinks, linden / rosehip tea, plum and pineapple juice are especially useful, as they speed up the metabolism. It is not recommended to use chocolate, ice cream, strong coffee, cola, black tea.
Nutritional recommendations for people with this blood group are given regardless of whether they have a positive Rh factor or a negative one. Nutrition in the first Rh-positive blood group is similar to nutrition in the Rh-negative blood group. The table below summarizes the list of recommended, neutral and prohibited products for people with 1 blood group.
The table of products for the 1st blood group
Diet for blood group 2
A diet for 2 positive blood types is based on herbal products and approaches vegetarian diets. The inclusion of meat products in the diet for people who have 2 positive / negative blood types does not make sense, since it is poorly absorbed and contributes to the accumulation of fat. Sometimes you can eat chicken or turkey meat without a skin that is neutral. The main source of animal protein is seafood, fish and soy products (tofu cheese, milk).
Particularly useful include: trout, carp, pike, perch, whitefish, cod, mackerel, sardine. Eating fish is recommended in conjunction with vegetables. Dairy products, with the exception of kefir, are also not desirable in the diet. Chicken eggs in an amount of 1-2 pieces per week. Of the cereals useful: buckwheat, sprouted wheat, brown rice, bread from germinated wheat grains, but you can not abuse cereals - 2-3 times a week.
The menu for the second positive blood group should be dominated by vegetables and fruits, both raw and cooked. It is especially recommended to include broccoli, garlic, pumpkin, chicory, green beans, spinach, onions, carrots, apricots, plums, grapefruit, blackberries, strawberries, lemon, cherry, pineapple, raspberries in the diet. According to reviews, the best effect is achieved by eating fruits that grow in the region of your residence. Various nuts (peanuts), seeds, green tea are extremely useful.
Dietary nutrition in the second blood group allows the use of olive / linseed vegetable oil as fats, it is recommended that animal fats be excluded from the diet altogether. In moderate amounts and not more than 3 times a week, red table wines can be consumed after meals. A generalized table of recommended, neutral and prohibited products for people with the 2nd blood group is given below.
Products for the second blood group
3 blood group diet
A diet for 3 positive blood groups includes a fairly diverse set of products. Persons with 3 positive / negative blood types are relatively “omnivorous” and can eat most meat and dairy products (except pork and chicken), low-fat fish, eggs, cereals (except wheat and buckwheat), mushrooms, legumes and almost all types vegetables / fruits, excluding olives, corn, pumpkin, tomato.
Unwanted foods are crustaceans and various types of mollusks, fish roe, waterfowl eggs, sunflower oil, nuts and seeds, edible gelatin, legumes, cheese, and ice cream. Equally important for weight loss is the balance of eating different types of cereals.
Excluding buckwheat / corn grits from the diet, the number of other types of cereals should be minimal. From the list of fruits and vegetables, it is necessary to exclude radish, radish, eggplant, pomegranate and persimmon, avocado, as well as some spices - white / black pepper.
It is allowed to use red / white dry wine. Nutrition for the third blood group, as evidenced by the reviews of practitioners of such a diet, is complete and easily tolerated. The table below gives an idea of the diet of people with this blood group.
Products for the 3rd blood group
Diet for 4 groups
The diet for 4 positive blood types is moderately mixed - meat (turkey, lamb, rabbit), fish (ocean herring, sturgeon, tuna and sardines), seafood, milk products, cheeses, chicken / quail eggs, olive oil, bean curd, soybeans, lentils and beans, peanuts, walnuts, cod liver, cereals (excluding buckwheat / corn), non-acidic vegetables separately and in salads (excluding peppers).
Food for people with 4 positive / negative blood types involves the use of a wide range of cereal products (oats, rice, rye, millet, buckwheat). And wheat in a diet for weight loss can be present in a limited amount or be completely excluded. Among vegetables, tomatoes and potatoes that are undesirable in the diet of other groups are optimal, and radishes, artichokes and bell peppers should be excluded. Among fruits, plum grapes and most berries are suitable.
One of the most important features of this blood test diet is the inclusion of sea salt in the diet instead of table salt. All varieties of pepper are excluded, other spices are neutral. Juices only with an alkaline reaction - grape, cranberry. According to reviews, the diet for people with the 4th blood group is easily tolerated.
Products for the 4th blood group
Dietary diet by blood group includes:
- For people with 1 blood type - meat in the form of beef / lamb, various offal (lungs, brains, liver, heart). Mandatory in the diet is the presence of sea / river fish (sea tongue, halibut, perch, sturgeon, mackerel, trout, herring, cod, sardine, pike). Any bread that does not contain gluten is well digested - rice, soy and rye bread. Of cereals - buckwheat, rice, barley. From the vegetable group in the diet should be present: Beijing cabbage, artichoke, beetroot leaves, parsley, broccoli, Jerusalem artichoke, spinach, leek, garlic, pumpkin, radish, horseradish; from fruits - plum, figs, pineapple juice, plums, which help increase metabolism. Smaller quantities are allowed: grape and apricot juice, cranberry juice, grapefruit juice. As vegetable fats, olive / linseed oil is recommended. It is recommended to drink green tea, seaweed, beer, tincture of hawthorn / chamomile, red / white wine.
- For persons with blood type 2 - sea / river fish (mackerel, trout, cod, perch, carp, whitefish, sardine). Especially useful are all soy products - tofu cheese, milk. Most dairy products (goat milk, kefir, processed cheese, yogurt, Feta, Mozzarella, Ricotta cheeses). It is important that flax / olive oil, asparagus beans, sprouted grains, legumes, and buckwheat are present in the diet. Of vegetables, it is important to include beetroot leaves, Jerusalem artichoke, kohlrabi, broccoli, artichoke, red onion, Romaine lettuce, spinach, garlic, leek, chicory, horseradish; from fruits - apricot, lingonberry, pineapple, cherry, grapefruit, cranberries, figs, blueberries, lemons, plums. As drinks, water acidified with lemon juice, grapefruit juice, green tea, a decoction of hawthorn / wild rose, red wine is recommended.
- For people with the 3rd blood group - meat (veal, chicken, rabbit, mutton, lamb, game), liver, milk, dairy / sour-milk products, eggs, soy products, cereals - rice, oats, millet, millet. Mandatory is the presence in the diet of fish (perch, halibut, salmon, pike, cod, mackerel, hake, sardine), vegetables (red pepper, carrots, cabbage, eggplant, parsley), mushrooms. Useful are herbal teas, grape juice, pineapple, cranberry, cabbage, dry red / white wines, which are recommended to be consumed in small quantities after meals.
- For persons with blood type 4 - meat (lamb, turkey, rabbit), fish (hake, mackerel, pike, salmon, sardine, cod, perch), cod liver, lactic acid, cheeses, olive oil, bean curd, walnuts and peanuts , various cereals (rice, oatmeal), rye and soy bread. Of vegetables, eggplant, cauliflower, cucumbers, parsley, broccoli, horseradish, garlic, beans, and celery should be present in the diet. Fruits like cherries, lemon, pineapples, grapefruit and grape juices, kiwi, plums are useful. Of the drinks, green tea, chamomile, hawthorn, and mint teas are recommended.
Fully or partially restricted products
The diet of individuals by blood group excludes the following products:
- For people with the first blood type - pork and goose meat. It is not recommended to use smoked fish, caviar of any kind, a large amount of butter, chicken eggs and dairy products. It is forbidden to eat cottage cheese, dairy products (any kind of yogurt, kefir, fermented baked milk), processed cheese, whey, whole / diluted cow's milk. Excluded from the diet: white bread, cereals from wheat groats, corn and oatmeal, cottonseed, peanut, corn, vegetable oil, ketchup, marinades. Of vegetables undesirable: eggplant, cabbage (Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, white / red), mushrooms, potatoes, black olives. Oranges, strawberries, melons, tangerines, strawberries, avocados, blackberries, as well as apple, cabbage, orange juice, all types of drinks with sugar substitutes, alcoholic cocktails with vodka, coffee, cola, black tea are subject to restrictions.
- For persons with blood type 2, some types of fish (flounder, anchovies, herring, halibut, beluga), caviar, smoked salmon, seafood (squid, octopus, crab, lobster, shrimp), crayfish, oysters. It is not recommended to use butter, whole / skim milk, creamy and hard cheeses, ice cream, milkshakes, white bread, kefir, yogurt, cream cheese, goat milk, confectionery, cereals. From fats, cotton, corn, peanut, sesame vegetable oil, margarine, butter, and solid animal fats should be excluded from the diet. It is not recommended to use certain types of fruits and vegetables: red and white cabbage, tomatoes, eggplant, red hot peppers, potatoes, black olives, mushrooms, bananas, oranges, rhubarb, tangerines, as well as tomato / orange juices, cocktails with vodka, beer , Coca-Cola, soda drinks, black tea.
- For people with blood type 3 - pork, chicken, goose, fish caviar, legumes, buckwheat and wheat, legumes (lentils, peas, beans), crabs, hard cheese, pumpkin seeds. Excluded from vegetables: radish, tomatoes, radishes. It is not allowed to use sunflower oil, white / black pepper, ice cream, persimmon and pomegranate, strong alcoholic drinks.
- For persons with 4 blood types - pork, goose, veal, ham / bacon, butter, seafood. It is not allowed to consume sunflower oil, apple cider vinegar, corn, buckwheat, wheat, sunflower seeds. Of vegetables / fruits are prohibited: radish, radish, pepper, oranges, mangoes.
Menu (Power Mode)
The nutrition menu is compiled on the list of foods recommended for people with different blood groups. The diet is familiar, there are no restrictions on the methods of cooking food.
Advantages and disadvantages
Blood Type Diet Reviews and Results
Nutrition according to blood groups, as evidenced by the reviews of people practicing this diet, causes a lot of controversy, both in terms of evidence of this theory and in practical application.
- "... The blood type diet interested me and my girlfriend almost a year ago. They re-read various information on the Internet and decided to try it, despite the fact that the reviews of doctors are generally negative. It was most difficult for me, because I have 2 positive blood types and I had to change my usual diet to a greater extent. I can’t attribute myself to meat-eaters, but, nevertheless, I like and often eat chicken dishes. I had to give up a lot and switch to a greater extent on plant foods. The fish helped out a little. I didn’t like soy products and tofu cheese, including, I’m used to daily consumption of yogurt. Honestly, I barely survived one month, because I had problems with the intestines from a large amount of fiber. The results are not so hot - 2.7 kg. My friend’s experience was easier, because she had 3 positive blood types and her diet was much wider and didn’t require any special restructuring. She had only to correct it a little. She continues to eat on this diet for the third month, and although she lost two months as much as she wanted, and even before the intended goal it was necessary to lose 5 kg, her well-being improved significantly, as did the condition of her hair and skin".
Nutrition by blood type includes the usual diet and inexpensive foods. The cost of food products during the week varies depending on the blood type and varies between 1500-1900 rubles.