- papaverine hydrochloride - 20 mg per 1 ml of drug fluid;
- D, L-methionine;
- disodium edetate;
- water for injections.
- papaverine hydrochloride - 10 mg in 1 tablet;
- rafinated sugar;
- potato starch;
- stearic acid;
- papaverine hydrochloride - 0.02 g in 1 candle weighing 1.25 g;
- emulsifier No. 1;
- cosmetic stearin;
- solid fat.
- Papaverine tablets 0.01 g or 0.04 g each, depending on the target audience of patients (the first are used in pediatric practice after 6 months), which are packed in contour blisters of 10 pieces. The oral form has a slightly bitter taste, is white in color and has no smell at all.
- Injection Solution 2% in 2 ml ampoules. Cardboard packaging, as a rule, contains 10 pieces and instructions for the use of a pharmaceutical preparation.
- Rectal suppositories or suppositories for insertion into the rectum, 0.02 g each; fixed in blisters of PVC or aluminum foil of 10 pieces. A plate with a medicine and an abstract are placed in a cardboard box.
Papaverine hydrochloride(Wikipedia indicates that the INN of the drug corresponds to the name of the main active component) - this opium alkaloidacting on smooth muscle elements and causing their relaxation, because the pharmacological group of the drug is defined as myotropic antispasmodics.
The mechanism of the therapeutic action of a biological substance is to influence the transmission of muscle excitation to secondary intermediaries (messengers). Papaverine inhibits PDE (phosphodiesterase), due to which it accumulates in the cell cAMP (cycloadenosine monophosphate) and reduced ion content calcium, in response to such biochemical changes, the smooth muscles of the internal organs (digestive tube, respiratory and genitourinary systems, and the vascular bed) relax, their tone decreases.
Pharmacopoeia is a set of mandatory rules and official regulations that guide the manufacture, inspection, storage and prescription of medicines for patients. Since the main biologically active component of the pharmaceutical preparation is potent, with respect to Papaverine hydrochloride, the pharmacopeia includes the following items for determining the authenticity of a chemical substance:
- physical characteristics - odorless white crystalline powder, with a slightly bitter taste.
- Solubility - soluble in water for 40 hours, slightly soluble in 95% alcohol, soluble in chloroform and practically insoluble in ether.
- Acidity 2% Papaverine hydrochloride solution - 3.0-4.5 (determined by potentiometric method).
- Chemical authentication - 0.05 g of the pharmaceutical preparation is placed in a porcelain bowl, moistened with a couple of drops of high concentration of nitric acid, after which a yellow color should appear, which when heated in a water bath changes to orange.
- The presence of organic impurities - test dissolution and color changes in 5 ml of concentrated sulfuric acid.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The active ingredient is rapidly and almost completely absorbed by any route of drug administration into the body. Once in the bloodstream, it binds to plasma proteins (90% of the total biologically active substance), so it easily passes through histohematological barriers. Biotransformation is exposed in the liver. The elimination half-life is from 30 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the auxiliary components of the pharmaceutical preparation. It is excreted mainly by the kidneys in the form of metabolic metabolic products.
Indications for use Papaverine
- smooth muscle spasm abdominal organs (especially often with cholecystitisspastic prick or pylorospasm);
- hypertensive crisis (in combined conservative therapy);
- renal colic;
- spasm of the peripheral vascular bed;
- a decrease in the lumen of the vessels of the brain due to a reduction in the muscle layer of arteries
- angina pectoris;
- reduction in arterial renal influx of vascular origin;
- urinary retention due to urinary tract spasm.
Indications for use also include stage premedicationbefore surgical interventions in the abdominal cavity, proctological and urological manipulations. What is it used for - relaxation of smooth muscle elements (for more details see paragraph "Pharmacological action").
- intolerance to the constituent components of the drug;
- cardiac conduction disturbances, especially atrioventricular block;
- hypersensitivity to the pharmaceutical drug;
- heavy liver failure;
- advanced age (since there is a significant risk of developing a hyperthermic syndrome);
- children's age up to 6 months.
Additional restrictions on use (it is recommended to use it only under the constant supervision of qualified medical personnel and regular diagnostic examinations):
- recenthead injury in the anamnesis;
- chronic renal failureb;
- shock conditions;
- supraventricular tachycardia;
- benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- lack of functionality of the adrenal glands.
- By cardiovascular system and blood: atrioventricular block, ventricular tachycardiadecrease blood pressure.
- By gastrointestinal tract: nausea, constipation (constipation), bloating, violation of the passage through the digestive tube, increased activity of hepatic transaminases.
- Other: drowsiness, allergic reactions, eosinophilia.
Instructions for use Papaverine (Method and dosage)
Papaverine tablets, instructions for use
In tablets, the pharmaceutical preparation can be prescribed for both adults and children, even the frequency of administration does not change and is 3-4 times a day. The dosage of the oral form of the drug depends on the age category of the patient, using the following treatment regimen:
- from 6 months to 2 years - 0.005 g per reception;
- 3-4 years - 0.005-0.01 g;
- 5-6 years - 0.01 g;
- 7-9 years old - 0.01-0.015 g;
- 10-14 years old - 0.015-0.02 g;
- adults - 0.04-0.08 g per reception.
Candles Papaverine, instructions for use
Hemorrhoids - This is an extremely unpleasant proctological disease, which is associated with thrombosis, inflammatory processes and pathological expansion of hemorrhoidal veins surrounding the rectal exit lumen. This nosological unit is characteristictypical clinical picture, which includes a violation of bowel movement, itching, bleeding from the anus. Relieve the course of the disease will help candles with papaverine.
The active ingredients of the pharmaceutical preparation allow you to relax smooth muscle intestines, which facilitates the process of bowel movement, because the lumen of the rectum increases slightly. For the same reason, bleeding is stopped, since solid feces do not injure inflamed hemorrhoids, therefore suppositories with Papaverine for hemorrhoids are a kind of “magic wand”.
In pharmacy kiosks, you can find suppositories with different dosages of biologically active substances. The course of conservative rehabilitation should begin with 0.02 g, gradually increasing it to 0.04 g, if a smaller amount of the pharmaceutical preparation does not exert its therapeutic effect. It is not recommended to use more than 3 suppositories per day, this is fraught with the development of adverse side effects and even a state of overdose, since in the rectal region all incoming medicines are extremely well absorbed.
How to use injection solution of papaverine hydrochloride?
The active component of the pharmaceutical preparation has high bioavailability, therefore injections can be given both subcutaneously and intramuscularly and intravenously, the therapeutic possibilities of the drug will not be affected, and the final result will be just as strong. However, it should be determined that subcutaneous injections of Papaverine hydrochloride recommend the use of the preparation not in the distal part of the forearm, but in the shoulder or the outer surface of the thigh, since the frequency of administration can provide a hematoma. Intramuscular injections of Papaverine can be carried out according to the standard scheme, that is, use the upper lateral quadrant of the buttock.
Before administering intravenous injections, the amount of pharmaceutical prescribed by the doctor should be diluted with 10-20 ml of isotonic solution sodium chloride. It should also be remembered that Papaverine hydrochloride should be administered very slowly so as not to cause discomfort to the patient during the injection.
As a rule, the contents of 1 ampoule (2 ml) of a 2% solution of Papaverine Hydrochloride are injected subcutaneously.
The dosage of the solution in ampoules with intravenous and intramuscular administration:
- adults: single - 0.1 g, daily - 0.3;
- children from 6 months to 1 year: single - 0.005 g, daily - 0.01 g;
- at the age of 2 years: single - 0.01 g, daily - 0.02 g;
- 3-4 years: single - 0.015 g, daily - 0.03 g;
- 5-6 years: single - 0.02 g, daily - 0.04 g;
- 7-9 years: single - 0.03 g, daily 0.06 g;
- 10-14 years: single - 0.06-0.06 g, daily - 0.1-0.2 g.
Dibazole with papaverine - how to use?
Dibazole - this is antihypertensiveperipheral drug vasodilators, that is, the active components of the pharmaceutical preparation have a vasodilating effect and significantly contribute to lowering blood pressure. Papaverine has similar therapeutic properties in relation to the vascular system, therefore, a combination of these drugs is actively used by ambulance workers to eliminate hypertensive crisis.
Dibazole with Papaverine is administered intramuscularly or intravenously, because in this way the necessary pharmacological effects of the active ingredients develop much faster than with oral or any other method of use. The relaxing effect of biologically active components can be combined with physiotherapeutic methods, for example, a horizontal position with a lowered foot end, warm foot baths, massage of the lower extremities and so on.
The dosage of Dibazole with Papaverine to eliminate the hypertensive crisis is 3-5 ml of a 1% solution of Dibazole and 2 ml (contents of 1 ampoule) of a 2% solution of the second pharmaceutical preparation. Such a large number of active ingredients can not only reduce blood pressure, but also stop the feeling of nausea, pain in the heart and some other manifestations of cardiovascular disease.
Possible symptoms with intoxication active components of the drug:
- diplopia (double vision);
- lowering blood pressure;
- increased fatigue.
Specific pharmaceutical antidote no, because it applies detoxification therapyand symptomatic treatment. Especially effective is gastric lavage or the use of sorbents (milk, Activated carbon, for example) in the first hours after taking oral forms of papaverine hydrochloride. Also, with an overdose of a drug, it is important to constantly monitor and, if necessary, artificially maintain blood pressure.
Platyphyllin - It is an antispasmodic, vasodilating, sedative, that is, by pharmacological abilities close to Papaverine. Medicines differ only in the mechanisms of therapeutic action, therefore Platyphyllin with Papaverine are used in the combined conservative rehabilitation of spastic syndromes, hypertensive crises and other pathological conditions.
No-shpa with Papaverine, like Platifillin, they interact well, exerting a synergistic therapeutic effect on the smooth muscle elements of the human body. This combination of pharmaceuticals is especially common in obstetric and gynecological hospitals with uterine tone, the threat of spontaneous miscarriage, or overly active early labor.
In medical journals of neurological subjects there is news that the effectiveness of Levodopasignificantly reduced in the combination of conservative therapy, from which papaverine in tablets or in the form of a solution for injection against the background of medical rehabilitation parkinson's disease use contraindicated.
Concomitant use of papaverine with anticholinergic drugs may manifest itself in enhancing the therapeutic effects of the latter, therefore, if necessary, their combined use should be discussed dosage reduction or temporary discontinuation of pharmaceuticals with a qualified specialist.
Terms of sale
A pharmaceutical drug has been known since time immemorial and has always been famous for the strength of its therapeutic effect, therefore earlier in pharmacy kiosks when buying it, a Latin prescription was required. Nowadays, the procedure for acquiring Papaverine has become much easier, however, it is the patient's responsibility to present a correctly executed and certified by the attending physician.
In a dry place protected from direct sunlight at a temperature of no higher than 25 degrees Celsius in a tightly packed container. The pharmaceutical preparation belongs to list B. Therefore, its storage should be carefully monitored.
Papaverine hydrochloride significantly improves peripheral blood circulation, which ensures the improvement of trophic processes in individual organs with local use. This therapeutic ability causes the use of a pharmaceutical preparation in bodybuilding. Practical observations of athletes show that it is most effective to use the drug to increase the specific gravity of the deltoid and biceps.
The goal of the athletes is the local effect on a certain part of the muscles, from which injections are given intramuscularly. The optimal dosage is 1-2 injections per week, which are carried out 15-20 minutes before intensive training. Further, at the very beginning of physical exercises, all efforts should be aimed at the "enriched" muscle, that is, engage in the "pumping" (blood pumping) system, since the therapeutic effect of Papaverine with local use is short-lived.
The ingenuity and resourcefulness of the female half of humanity does not lag behind the stronger sex, because Papaverine hydrochloride is used even in cosmetic procedures and home skin care. Due to the increased blood circulation of the peripheral parts of the body under the influence of a pharmaceutical preparation, the excretion of accumulated fluid is improved, swelling is relieved and metabolic processes are stimulated to some extent. Such therapeutic effects allow the use of a drug to combat cellulite, the elimination of the unpleasant "orange peel" in the buttocks and the back of the thigh and even getting rid of a couple of extra pounds.
To obtain such a result, leading cosmetologists recommend using caffeine and papaverine wrapwhich can be carried out even at home. To prepare a miraculous mixture, you will need 2 ampoules of Caffeine benzoate in 2 ml each, 2 ampoules of Papaverine hydrochloride in 2 ml and a small amount of not sugared honey. Before applying the cosmetic product, you should prepare the skin, for which a light peeling, scrub or a small local massage is used.
The mixture should be applied evenly over the entire area of the treated surface in a small layer. Immediately, the cosmetic product is not absorbed, therefore it is necessary to densely cover the skin with plastic wrap (a food wrap is ideal for these purposes) and warm up by wrapping yourself in a cotton blanket or using winter clothes. It is recommended to carry out a wrapping for at least an hour, then rinse off the rest of the mixture with warm water and apply a moisturizing or nourishing cream. The duration of the course is twelve procedures, and the frequency of their implementation is every other day.
The active components of a pharmaceutical preparation spread their beneficial effects not only on humans, but also on animals, which is why Papaverine is widely used in veterinary practice. Especially often, the drug is used for cats, as pets are taken to hospitals due to spasms of the smooth muscles of the intestines. The etiological factor is feline hygiene procedures, because in the process of “washing”, as a rule, a certain amount of wool is ingested. Papaverine facilitates the passage of the contents of the digestive tube.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:SpasmolNo-spaDrotaverine HydrochlorideDrotaverinum
Papaverine analogues are a variety of pharmaceutical forms of a drug in which it is found on pharmacy shelves. As a rule, one of the forms is not suitable for the patient, and then another should be chosen. You can also replace this product, however, you should first consult with a qualified specialist in this field, because the basic principle of “do no harm” medicine can be easily violated by ignorance.
A similar antispasmodic effect is exerted by a pharmaceutical product with an international non-proprietary name. Drotaverine Hydrochloridewhich is known to a wide audience by the name No-shpa. It can also be used for pregnant women, and for patients at a proctological or urological hospital, and for children in pediatric practice, and for the treatment of headaches at home.
Papaverine hydrochloride is actively used in pediatric practice, starting at the age of 6 months.
Papaverine during pregnancy and lactation
What are papaverine suppositories for during pregnancy?
The uterus, an organ of the female reproductive system in which the intrauterine phase of fetal development directly takes place, has both transversely striated muscles and smooth muscles. In the process of bearing a child, an increased tone of this organ often develops, as a result of which spastic pains are possible, early contractions, premature discharge of amniotic fluidand birth not in the planned time. Papaverine hydrochloride has a relaxing effect, which allows you to remove the above manifestations of uterine hypertonicity.
Of course, before using the drug, you should determine the pharmaceutical form, which will have the maximum beneficial effects and will not harm the developing body of the child and mother. For pregnant women, the appropriateness of using one form or another of Papaverine is determined the duration of gestation, for example, in the early stages it is recommended to use oral tablets, and in the later stages, intramuscular and subcutaneous injection of injection solutions is much better.
Candles with papaverine during pregnancy
First of all, it should be decided on a quite logical question for patients - where to insert Papaverine suppositories during pregnancy, because, as a rule, this pharmaceutical form of the drug is used rectallyHowever, the therapeutic effect is required not in the final sections of the gastrointestinal tract, but in the muscular elements of the genitourinary system. This fallacy is typical of women who are completely unfamiliar with the principle of local pharmaceutical suppositories.
After the introduction of Papaverine, the active components of the suppositories are actively absorbed and spread first local blood flow in nearby organs, due to which the smooth muscle elements of the uterus are fully supplied with biologically active substances. Another positive aspect of using this pharmaceutical form is the high bioavailability of rectal suppositories, that is, a large percentage of the drug falls into the microvasculature, and is not excreted metabolites out.
Of course, the most effective way to use Papaverine hydrochloride is by intramuscular or even intravenous administration, because in this way bioavailabilitythe drug tends to the maximum, and the concentration of the active substance is stored at the highest point for the longest period of time.
It should be emphasized that the injection form of a pharmaceutical preparation is especially relevant in late pregnancy, when uterine hypertonicity or spastic, cramping pains can lead to premature birth and discharge of amniotic fluid. In the presence of appropriate indications from the attending physician, it is worth thinking about inpatient treatment, because in this case the pregnant woman will be under the constant supervision of medical personnel, which cannot but inspire confidence.
The dosage of the solution for injection, as well as the frequency of use of the pharmaceutical preparation, is selected individually, as a rule, it ranges from 1 to 10 ml of 2% of the drug 2-4 times a day. In the event of adverse consequences of conservative rehabilitation, you should immediately contact a qualified specialist.
Papaverine hydrochloride tablets, instructions for pregnancy
Since special medical knowledge and skills are necessary for injecting a pharmaceutical preparation, and rectal suppositories can cause certain inconvenience and discomfort during their use, often these pharmaceutical forms of Papaverine are replaced with tablets that are given orally. Of course, the effectiveness of such conservative therapy is slightly lower than that of other routes of administration of the active ingredient into the body, however, from the side of everyday use, tablets are unrivaled.
Papaverine hydrochloride in oral form is used exclusively for indications, and the criterion for its use is the subjective well-being of the pregnant woman, therefore there is no strict dosage of the pharmaceutical preparation. Specialists in obstetric and gynecological cases are not recommended to take more than 4 tablets per day, which should be used 2 hours before a meal in order to increase the pharmacokinetic ability of the active component.
Reviews about Papaverine
Reviews about the pharmaceutical product can be found on various forums and online resources, because a wide range of therapeutic effects of the biologically active component allows us to evaluate its effectiveness by a large category of patients in various departments and with various diseases.
For example, the drug gained positive fame among proctologists and their patients, since Papaverine hydrochloride is used as a symptomatic conservative treatment for hemorrhoids, one of the most pressing problems of our time. The use of a pharmaceutical preparation in the form of rectal suppositories makes it easier to defecate, partially relieve pain, eliminate the problem of bleeding from dilated hemorrhoidal nodes, which cannot but be noted in the recommendations on thematic sites.
On the other hand, one can observe positive reviews about Papaverine suppositories during pregnancy, since the antispasmodic and relaxing properties of the active ingredient can effectively stop the problem of uterine hypertonicity, which eliminates the threat of premature birth. The biologically active substance can alleviate the cramping pains that accompany the last weeks and days of bearing a child. Also, the pharmaceutical preparation is used as a preventive measure in obstetric hospitals.
Papaverine price, where to buy
The pharmaceutical product is widely known among qualified specialists and is often used in clinical practice, because its cost is not fabulous. So, for example, Ukraine offers the following price list:
- the price of papaverine in ampoules is 22 hryvnias;
- rectal suppositories - 21 hryvnias;
- the price of papaverine hydrochloride oral - 6 hryvnia.
In the Russian Federation, pharmacy kiosks are less constrained in setting prices for pharmaceutical products, so you can buy a medicine at the following cost:
- pills - 10 rubles;
- injections for 1 course (packaging solution for injection with 10 ampoules) - 35 rubles;
- the price of candles with Papaverine is 62 rubles.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Papaverina g chl candles 20mg No. 10 Nizhfarm OAO53 rub.order
- Papaverine g / hl tab. 40mg n10Pharmstandart-Tomskkhimfarm / Pharmstandard-Leksredstva OAO9 rub.order
- Papaverine g / x (tab. 40mg No. 10) 8 rub.order
- Platifillin with papaverine (tab. No. 10) 123 rub.order
- Papaverine candles (supp. 20mg No. 10) 73 rub.order
- Papaverine g / x bufus (amp. 2% 2ml №10) 87 rub. Order
- Papaverine g / x (tab. 40mg No. 10) 10 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Papaverine injection 2% 2 ml n10 aml Slavic pharmacy 40 rub. Order
- Papaverine 40 mg No. 10 tabletPharmstandart-Tomskkhimfarm, OAO10 rub.order
- Papaverine 20 mg n10 rectal suppositoriesDalhimpharm OJSC35 rub.order
- Papaverine hydrochloride-Darnitsa 2% 2 ml No. 10 solution PrAT "Pharmaceutical company" Darnitsya ", Ukraine46 UAH order
- Papaverine 20 mg / ml 2 ml No. 10 solution AT "Lekhim-Kharkiv", Ukraine34 UAH order
- Analgin-dibazole-papaverine No. 10 tablets INTERKHIM Partnership with pre-date treatment, Ukraine 19 UAH order
- Papaverine ampoule Papaverine g / x rd r / in. 2% amp. 2ml №10 Ukraine, Darnitsa PrJSC 54 UAH order
- Papaverine ampoule Papaverine g / x rd r / in. 2% amp. 2ml №10 Ukraine, Lekhim-Kharkov CJSC 39 UAH to order
- Papaverine-Health g / x tab. 0.01g №10 (in the box) 20 UAH to order
- Papaverine ampoule Papaverine g / x rd r / in. 2% amp. 2ml №10 Ukraine, OZ GNTsLS LLC 40 UAH.order
- Papaverine ampoule Papaverine g / x rd r / in. 2% amp. 2ml №10 Ukraine, Health LLC 43 UAH.order
- Papaverine 40 mg No. 10 tablets Irbitsky chemical farm (Russia) 160 tg.
- Papaverine hydrochloride 20 mg No. 10 sup.rect. Biosynthesis (Russia) 160 tg.
- Papaverine hydrochloride 2% / 2 ml No. 10 solution for in.amp. Borisov ZMP (Belarus) 280 tg.order