The drug contains as an active substance disulfiram.
In addition, the following additional components are present in its composition: potato starch, povidone, primellose, colloidal silicon dioxide, stearic acid.
Teturam tablets are available in 0.15 and 0.25 g tablets in packs of 50 or 30 pieces, as well as a powder substance.
Teturam tablets are taken from alcoholism in cases where it is not possible to achieve a therapeutic effect by other means.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
This tool blocks acetaldehyde dehydrogenasethat affects biotransformation ethanol, and also increases the content acetaldehyde - metabolite ethanol, which provokes some unpleasant sensations: redness of the face, vomiting, tachycardia, nausea, malaise, decreased HELL. This leads to the development of a conditioned reflex reaction of aversion to alcohol.
The maximum therapeutic effect is noticeable 12 hours after taking the drug and lasts for 10-14 days.
After applying the product absorption active substance from the gastrointestinal tract - about 80%. It is quickly broken down and restored to dithiocarbamate. The medicine is displayed in the form glucuron conjugate or or diethylamine and carbon sulfide, part of which is secreted through the lungs.
Indications for use
Take powder and pills for drunkenness. They produce a negative conditioned reflex to alcohol. However, the use of this drug can provoke serious side effects, so it is prescribed only if other drugs do not work.
Before starting therapy, the patient is carefully examined. If there are no contraindications, the doctor explains how to take the drug and warns that it is dangerous to drink alcohol during treatment.
This medicine may also be used as detoxification remedy in case of chronic nickel poisoning.
You can not take the drug with:
- hypersensitivity to its active substance;
- CCC diseases at the stage decompensation and compensation;
- tuberculosis lungs with hemoptysis;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- erosive lesions gastrointestinal mucosa;
- bleeding from the digestive tract;
- liver failure;
- diseases of the nervous system caused by infections;
- Do not lie auditory and optic nerves;
- malignant tumors;
- residual effects after NMK;
- transferred teturamic psychoses;
- bronchial asthma;
- pronounced emphysema lungs;
- gastric and duodenal ulcer;
- impaired renal function;
- neuropsychiatric diseases;
- advanced age;
- children's age (up to 18 years);
- of pregnancy;
Side effects of Teturam
During therapy with the drug, dysfunction of the CCC, nervous system, liver, and digestive tract are possible, for example:
- metallic taste in the mouth hepatitis;
- polyneuritis lower limbs, memory impairment, headacheneuropsychiatric disorders disorientation;
- collapseseizures angina pectoris, edema brain, heart rhythm disturbances, myocardial infarction.
In addition, side effects of Teturam in the form of allergic reactions (itchy skinrash), as well as exacerbation of diseases that have occurred in the past: gastritis, gastric and duodenal ulcer, thrombophlebitis etc. For prolonged use of the drug in some cases, it is possible acute psychosessimilar to acute alcoholic paranoid, alcohol deliriumsharp alcohol hallucosis. Hallucinatory syndromecan go to paranoid, but paranoid- at schizophrenic.
Instructions for use of Teturam (Method and dosage)
Before therapy, it is imperative to warn the patient about the consequences and possible complications. If Teturam tablets were prescribed, the instructions for use indicate that they need to be taken orally. Dosage - 150-500 mg 2 times a day. The reception schedule is individual.
7-10 days later teturamalcohol test. After taking 500 mg of the drug, 20-30 ml of vodka is taken. If the reaction is weak, the dosage of alcohol can be increased by 10-20 ml, but in total you can take no more than 100-120 ml of alcohol.
After 1-2 days in conditions a hospital and 3-5 days outpatient the sample is repeated. Possible correction of doses of alcohol and drug if necessary. Instructions for use Teturam reports that in the future you can take a maintenance dosage of 150-200 mg per day for 1-3 years.
With an overdose of the drug, possible neurological complicationsdepression of consciousness up to coma, cardiovascular collapse. Therapy is symptomatic.
It is undesirable to combine the medicine with:
- Isoniazid - Possible violations in behavior and coordination;
- Phenytoin - significant and rapid increase in content is possible phenytoinat plasma from toxicmanifestations;
- 5-nitroimidazole derivatives - can appear delirious disordersconfusion.
If the interaction of these drugs is necessary, conduct clinical observation and control of drug levels in plasma.
With caution, Teturam is used in conjunction with:
- anticoagulants for oral application - effect increases anticoagulants, the risk of bleeding is likely. It is recommended that the content of the active substances of the preparations be monitored; it may be necessary to adjust their dosages;
- benzodiazepines - the active substance of Teturam may increase the sedative effect benzodiazepines by blocking their oxidative metabolism. Need to adjust the dose benzodiazepinein accordance with the reactions of the body;
- Theophylline - disulfiramsuppresses him metabolism. Dosage Theophylline need to be changed depending on the reactions of the body and the content of the active substance in the plasma;
- tricyclic antidepressants - increased intolerance reactions of alcoholic beverages.
Terms of sale
By prescription specialist.
Keep this product in a dry and dark place.
The shelf life of the drug is four years. You can not use it after this time.
Teturam and alcohol
Teturam and alcohol cannot be combined. How are the consequences possible? "flushing" of blood, vomiting, erythema, tachycardia and other side effects. It is necessary to avoid taking alcohol, as well as drugs that contain ethanol.
Reviews about Teturam
Reviews about Teturam can be very different. This tool helped someone, but someone could not even take it because of strong side effects. Negative reactions are reported, as a rule, by those who took alcohol, the consequences in this case can be sad. That is why you need to take this tool under the supervision of a specialist. Reviews of doctors about Teturam report that it can be effective if used strictly according to the instructions. You need to do this if other common tools have not helped. And certainly you can’t give these alcohol pills in secret from the person suffering from alcoholism. During their reception, even a small amount ethanol can lead to serious consequences for the body.
Thus, reviews of pills report that they will prove effective if you use the medicine strictly according to the instructions, do not drink alcohol and are constantly observed by a specialist.
Teturam price where to buy
The price of Teturam is usually quite affordable for consumers. Only a remedy from the Russian company ABVA-RUS has a high cost of 1,500 rubles. The price of Teturam from other manufacturers is about 50 rubles. You can not buy and use this medication without a doctor’s prescription.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Teturam (tab. 150mg No. 50) 219 rub.order
- Teturam (tab. 150mg No. 30) 129 rub.order
- Teturam (tab. 150mg No. 50) 201 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Teturam 150 mg n30 tabletPharmstandart-Leksredstva OOO165 rub.order
- Teturam 150 mg No. 50 tabletsTatkhimpharmpreparat OAO260 rub.order
- Teturam tablets Teturam tablet 0.15g No. 50 Ukraine, Borshchagovsky HFZ PAO 61 UAH to order
- Teturam 150 mg No. 30 tablets Farmstandart-Leksredstva OAO (Russia) 550 tg.order
- Teturam 150 mg No. 50 tablets Borshchagovsky chemical farm (Ukraine) 1 tg.order