One tablet contains 22.76 or 34.14 milligrams paroxetine hemihydrate hydrochloride (respectively 20 or 30 milligrams paroxetine).
The drug is available in the form of film-coated tablets. The tablets are round in shape and white.
The drug is antidepressant- selective inhibitor of reuptake of neurons in the brain serotonin.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
After administration, the active substance is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and metabolized through the liver. The drug is extensively distributed in tissues, only 1 percent is present in plasma. Protein binding is 95 percent.
About 64 percent of the drug is excreted in the urine, 36 percent is excreted through the intestines with bile, less than 1 percent is unchanged.
The content of the active substance increases in the elderly and with impaired renal and hepatic function.
Indications for use
This medicine is taken with:
- generalized anxiety disorder;
- social phobia / social anxiety disorder;
- panic disorder, including agoraphobia;
- OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder);
- all kinds depression, including severe endogenous, reactive and accompanied by anxiety.
The drug should not be taken with:
- hypersensitivity to the contents of the drug;
- children's age;
- period breastfeeding;
- of pregnancy;
- unstable epilepsy;
- concomitant use of MAO inhibitors and a period of 2 weeks after their withdrawal.
The medicine must be taken with caution when:
- bleeding disorders;
- simultaneous use of drugs that increase bleeding;
- simultaneous administration of electro-pulse therapy;
- cardiac pathologies;
- prostatic hyperplasia;
- angle glaucoma;
- renal failure;
- liver failure.
After taking this medicine, the following side effects may occur:
- violation of the secretion of antidiuretic hormone, hyponatremiaincreased sweating;
- angioedema, ecchymosis, hives and allergic rash;
- orthostatic hypotension;
- hepatitis, diarrhea or constipationdry mouth vomiting, nauseataste change, increase or decrease in appetite;
- anorgasmia, galactorrhea/hyperprolactinemiasexual dysfunctions, including disorders ejaculation and impotence;
- frequent urination, urinary retention;
- myopathymuscle weakness myalgia, arthralgia;
- visual impairment;
- myoclonia, amnesia, nervousness, panic attacks, depersonalization, anxiety, agitation, confusion, mania, hallucinations, serotonin syndrome, extrapyramidal disorders, cramps, fatigue, dizziness, insomnia, asthenia, tremor, drowsiness.
Paroxetine, instructions for use (Method and dosage)
According to the instructions for use of Paroxetine, tablets should be taken 1 time per day with meals, without chewing and drinking with water. Over a period of 14 to 21 days, the dose is selected individually and adjusted in the future. During depression, it is recommended to take 20 milligrams 1 time per day.
If necessary, the dose is increased by 10 milligrams per day, but not more than 50 milligrams per day. In case of obsessive-compulsive disorders, a dose of 20 milligrams per day is prescribed at the beginning of treatment, with a further increase of 10 milligrams each day until the daily dose is increased to 40 milligrams.
With generalized anxiety disorders the dose is 20 milligrams per day. So that there is no withdrawal syndrome, discontinuation of the drug should be carried out gradually.
For social anxiety disorders or social phobia you need to take 20 milligrams every day. If the effect of taking is absent for two weeks, the dose is increased to a maximum of 50 milligrams per day. In this case, the daily dose should be increased by 10 milligrams every week.
At panic disorders first you need to take 10 milligrams per day, then increase the dose every day by 10 milligrams until a daily dose of 40 milligrams is reached.
With an overdose of the drug, the following can be observed:
- nausea and vomiting;
- nodal rhythm;
- high blood pressure;
- sinus tachycardia;
- a feeling of dry mouth;
In very rare cases, as a rule, when taken simultaneously with alcohol or other psychotropic substances, coma or ECG changes.
With severe overdose observed serotonin syndrome, in some cases - rhabdomyolysis.
Simultaneous reception with Warfarin may cause hemorrhagic syndrome.
Paroxetine should not be taken concomitantly with alcohol.
Simultaneous reception with Sumatriptan, antiarrhythmic drugsfirst class (Flecainide and Propaphenone), Thioridazineand Fluoxetineincreases the risk of side effects.
Primidonand Phenobarbitalreduce the bioavailability of the drug. The drug itself depresses metabolism tricyclic antidepressants (Desipramine, Imipramine, Amitriptyline) and Astemizoleby increasing their content in blood and the risk of side effects.
This medicine is incompatible with lithium salts, Tryptophan and MAO inhibitors (including with Selegilin, Procarbazine and Furazolid) Antacids do not affect absorption.
Terms of sale
This drug can only be purchased with a prescription.
Keep this medicine at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees in a dark place.
The shelf life of this medicine is three years.
Paroxetine analoguesMatches for ATX Level 4 code:ActaparoxetineLickedFluxenParoxinSurfliftAsentraEliceaFluoxetineLenuxinEscitalopramAdepressSelectraStimulusCitalopramCypramilZoloftProzacPaxilRexetinFevarin
Paroxetine analogues are:
A synonym for paroxetine is Apo-paroxetine.
Reviews about Paroxetine
Reviews of Paroxetine on the forums indicate the effect of the drug on coordination, so they do not recommend taking it for those who drive a car and lead an active lifestyle. Reviews of doctors indicate the high effectiveness of this drug and the rare occurrence of side effects.
Paroxetine price, where to buy
The price of Paroxetine in Russia is on average 300 rubles (20 tablets of 30 milligrams).
The cost of Paroxetine in Ukraine is on average 450 hryvnias.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Paroxetine Tab. p.p.o. 20mg n30Replek Farm LLC Skopje MK / CJSC "BFZ" 318 rub.order
- Paroxetine 20 mg No. 30 tablets Medokemi LTD, Kyiv 443 UAH to order
- PAROKSETIN tablets Paroxetine tablets 20mg No. 30 Cyprus, Medochemie 495 UAH order