In 100 ml solution for local application contains 8.5 g povidone iodineand 0.1 g allantoin. As auxiliary substances used: citric acid monohydrate (0.1 g), levomenthol (0.5 g), sodium dihydrate citrate (0.1 g), as well as 10 g of 96% ethanol, 15 g of propylene glycol and 50 g of purified water.
In 30 ml spray contains 2.55 g povidone iodine and 0.03 g allantoin. As auxiliary substances, such components as citric acid monohydrate, levomenthol, sodium dihydrate citrate, 96% ethanol, propylene glycol and purified water were also used.
Solution red-brown color (volume 50/100 ml) is available in bottles made of dark glass with propylene caps, one in a cardboard box. To protect the integrity of the package, a first opening control is provided, and for ease of use, a measuring cap.
Spray (volume - 30 ml) is available in polyethylene terephthalate bottles, they are equipped with mechanical nebulizers and have caps to protect the nebulizer. The drug is packaged in a cardboard box and equipped with an applicator with a rotary lever.
Possesses antisepticand anti-inflammatory effect.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Povidone iodine is a disinfectant that is a complex of iodine with polyvidone - a high molecular weight compound that can reduce toxic effects iodine on the cells of the body. It is characterized by a wide spectrum of antimicrobial action due to the direct effect on the proteins of microorganisms (proteolytic properties) It has a partially bactericidal effect on gram-positiveand gram negative coca and bacillias well as individual anaerobic bacteria, yeastin addition to simple viruses.
Allantoin able to exert anti-inflammatory effect, which in combination with polyvidone gives a therapeutic effect.
The drug easily penetrates into the layers epithelium mucous membrane of the respiratory tract, gives an early effect in acute and chronic diseases.
Iodine in the body turns into iodides, which are mainly accumulated in the thyroid gland. They are excreted mainly by the kidneys and in a small amount with feces, sweating and salivation.
Indications for use
- infectious and inflammatory processes in the oral cavity and pharynx, including angina, tonsillitis, tonsilopharyngitis, glossitis and aphthous stomatit;
- treatment of the oral cavity and pharynx during surgical intervention on the airways and oral cavity, as well as in the postoperative period;
- first symptoms flu;
- treatment of various infections of the oral cavity and throat resulting from chemotherapy;
- streptococcal tonsillitis (in combination with antibiotics).
- thyroid disorders, for example hyperthyroidism;
- decompensated heart failure;
- renal failure;
- dermatitis Dühring (herpetiform lesions);
- simultaneous use radioactive iodine, the interval before treatment with Yoks is at least 2 weeks;
- age up to 6 years;
- pregnancy or lactation (breast-feeding);
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug Yoks.
Are possible allergic reactions with established hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug Yoks, which manifest themselves in the form itching, urticariadry mouth and hyperemiaextremely rare angioedema. With these reactions, drug withdrawal is recommended.
Prolonged use may cause iodismand the occurrence of metallic taste, increased salivation, swelling of the eyelids and larynx.
Instructions for use Yoksa (Method and dosage)
Both the solution and the spray are applied topically. It is recommended to dilute the solution with water in a ratio of 1 to 20-1 to 40, that is, 2.5 ml or 5 ml (measure with the measuring cap available in the package of the drug), or 0.5-1 tea. tablespoons in 100 ml of water. The resulting solution should rinse the oral cavity and pharynx 2-4 times a day, if necessary, more frequent use is permissible - up to 6 times a day with a minimum interval between rinses of 4 hours.
Instructions for use with Yoks spray comes down to the algorithm:
- rinse the applicator with hot water;
- remove the cap, install the applicator, press the applicator several times so that the solution enters the sprayer and can spray after subsequent pressures;
- then place the applicator tube in the oral cavity approximately 2–3 cm in depth;
- holding your breath, press 2 times on the cap for irrigation for the first time - on the right side, in the second - on the left side of the oral cavity.
Spray is usually used 2-4 times a day. The interval for more frequent use should be at least 4 hours.
The duration of the course of treatment should be determined by the attending physician depending on the nature of the course of the disease.
Information on overdose with topical application is not available.
It is not practical to use with antiseptic agentscontaining hydrogen peroxide, since the probability of inactivation of active substances is high.
Concomitant use with lithiumcauses additional hypothyroid effect.
It is not advisable to apply with chlorheximide, silver sulfadiazine, alkaloids salts and mercury.
Iodine is not compatible with:
- iron salts;
- potassium chlorate and other oxidizing agents;
- mineral acids;
- hydrochloride strychnine;
- quinine sulfate and other alkaloid salts.
Terms of sale
The drug is dispensed without a prescription.
In a dry, dark place not accessible to children, at a temperature of 10-25 ° Celsius.
In the form of a solution up to five years, in the form of an aerosol - no more than four years.
The drug should not be taken orally, including inhaling or swallowing, as it causes nausea, vomit, diarrheamaybe development acute poisoning.
When applied topically to integral integuments, iodine absorption is minimal, while the use of Yoks spray in the oral cavity leads to a more pronounced and systemic absorption of iodine, as a result of which interference with thyroid functions can occur.
Contains approximately 18.6% ethanol.
Yox during pregnancy and lactation
Active substances are able to overcome placental barrier and infiltrate breast milk, therefore, the drug is not recommended for use with of pregnancyas well as women who are breastfeeding.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:FalimintSuprim-ENTIngalipt NStrepsils PlusStrepsilsIngaliptTeraflu LARLisacEfizolIsla MintCametonSebidinAnzibelAgiseptLugol's solution with GlycerinLugolLariprontStopanginSeptolet NeoSeptolete D
- Aqua Maris;
- Angilex Health.
The drug is popular today, many note its effectiveness and always keep it in their home medicine cabinet.
Patients leave positive reviews about Yoks, indicating the convenience and ease of use of the aerosol and the rate of onset of the therapeutic effect (during the day). Of course, there are patients who prefer traditional rinses, where Yoks due to active substances is effective in various inflammatory and infectious processes of the oral cavity and larynx.
You can find a few negative reviews about the drug associated with adverse allergic reactions: itching, burning, lacrimation.
Yoks's price where to buy
The price of Yoks spray (30 ml) is 265-325 rubles, solution (50 ml) is 165-205 rubles.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Yoks rr external 50mlTeva Czech Enterprises s.r.o. 206 rub.order
- Yox-teva spray local 30mlTeva Czech Companies s.r.r.o. 224 rub.order
- Yoks (bottle 50ml) 212 rub.order
- Yoks (spray 30ml) 235 rub.order
- Yoks (spray 30ml) 226 rub.order
- Yoks (bottle 50ml) 201 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Yoks solution 50 ml Teva Pharmaceutical Ltd. 240 rub. Order
- Joks spray 30 mlTeva Czech Companies sp.ro. 270 rub.order
- Yoks 30 ml spray TEVA Czech Іndastrіz s.r.o., Ceska Republic145 UAH to order
- Yoks liquid Yoks spray 30ml, Teva Czech Industries 148 UAH order
- Joks 30 ml sprayTeva Czech Enterprises s.r.o. (Czech Republic) 1 tenge