The composition of this drug includes an active substance - losartan potassium in an amount of 25 mg / 50 mg / 100 mg, depending on the form of release of the drug.
As auxiliary substances are used:
- lactose monohydrate;
- microcrystalline cellulose;
- pregelatinized starch;
- magnesium stearate in quantity.
The shell includes:
- polyvinyl alcohol;
- titanium dioxide;
- 25 mg white tablets in the form of an oval in a film coating with a marking;
- 50 mg white tablets in the form of an oval in a film coating with the marking "50";
- 100 mg white tablets in the form of an oval in a film coating with the marking "100".
Losartan is a selective, competitive antagonist of the AT1 subtype receptor blocker in various tissues, including the brain, adrenal cortex, liver, kidneys, heart and vascular smooth muscle, reducing the effect of development angiotensins II.
The introduction of the active substance of the drug leads to a decrease in total peripheral resistance (afterload) and cardiac venous return (preload). All physiological effects angiotensin IIincluding stimulation of release aldosteroneare blocked by the action of losartan. Decreased blood pressure occurs regardless of the state of the system renin-angiotensin. As a result of the use of this drug, plasma renin activity increases due to removal angiotensin II.
The effect of this drug was confirmed in the course of the study. Life (Losartan Intervention For Endpoint reduction in hypertension study), which was attended by 9193 people suffering essential hypertension. The age of the subjects was 55-80 years with a blood pressure of 160-200 mm Hg. After taking Lozartan, this indicator decreased by 13%, and mortality among such patients decreased by 25%.
Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics
This drug has a hypotensive effect immediately after the first oral administration. The effect of the drug is expressed in a decrease in systolic and diastolic blood pressure, which is achieved at most 6 hours after administration. After a day, the effect of the drug decreases. A stable hypotensive effect is observed after 3-6 weeks of taking losartan.
In people with hypertension, this drug reduces proteinuria, albumin excretion and immunoglobulin G. In addition, the active substance stabilizes the urea content in the blood plasma without affecting the content norepinephrine in blood plasma.
Losartan is characterized by excellent absorption from the digestive tract. Of no small importance is the ability of the active substance to undergo metabolism with a single passage through the liver by carboxylation with the participation of isoenzyme CYP2C9 this forms an active metabolite.
The systemic bioavailability of the active substance is approximately 33%. After approximately 60 minutes, the maximum concentration of the active substance in the blood serum is reached. The bioavailability of losartan is not affected by food intake.
The degree of penetration of losartan through the blood-brain barrier is minimal. Almost 99% of the substance binds to albumin and other plasma proteins.
Plasma clearance approximately 600 ml / min and 50 ml / min. Renal clearance is approximately 74 ml / min and 26 ml / min. After taking the drug, about 4% of the dose taken is excreted through the kidneys in an unchanged state and about 6% is excreted through the kidneys as an active metabolite.
Basically, the active substance of this drug is excreted through the kidneys and intestines.
Indications for use
Indications for use of losartan are as follows:
- arterial hypertension (the state of the body with an increase in blood pressure over 140 mm Hg. Art.);
- chronic heart failure(a pathological condition in which the activity of the cardiovascular system does not provide oxygen to the body, first during exercise, and then at rest);
- development risk diseases of the cardiovascular system, in particular stroke;
- diabetic nephropathy (a term that combines the complex of damage to arteries, arterioles, tubules and glomeruli of the kidneys, which develop as a result of metabolic disorders in the tissues of the kidneys).
Losartan is contraindicated in the presence of hypersensitivity to one of the components that make up the drug, as well as during child bearing and breastfeeding.
When taking this drug, side effects may occur that can conditionally be classified as "common"and"rare".
Side effects such as:
- pain in the abdominal or stomach area;
- state of anxiety;
- bladder pain;
- bloody urine;
- blurred vision;
- cold sweat;
- confusion of thoughts;
- pallor of the skin;
- difficulty breathing
- painful urination;
- heart palpitations;
- frequent urination;
- increased hunger;
- irregular heartbeat;
- pain in various parts of the body;
- nausea or vomiting;
- numbness or tingling in the arms, legs, lips;
- slurred speech;
- unstable breathing during exercise;
- sudden and causeless hematomas;
- state fatigue or weakness;
- heaviness in the legs.
The following side effects occur much less often when taking Losartan:
- chest pain or discomfort;
- chest tightness or heaviness;
- increased heart rate;
- inability to speak;
- pain or discomfort in the neck;
- swelling of the face;
- temporary blindness;
- instability or awkwardness.
Losartan, instructions for use
Losartan tablets must be taken orally without reference to food intake. The drug is available in the form of tablets, which should be swallowed without chewing once a day.
Instructions for use of losartan for various diseases:
- Sick arterial hypertension prescribe a daily dose of 50 mg once a day. At the discretion of the attending physician, the daily dose can be increased to 100 mg per day.
- At chronic heart failure At the initial stage, losartan is prescribed 12.5 mg per day, after which the dose is doubled with a weekly interval.
- If necessary, reduce the risk of development diseases of the cardiovascular system taking the drug is prescribed at a dose of 50 mg per day.
- At liver failuretaking this medication is recommended in a minimum dose of 25 mg per day. The same dosage is prescribed for patients whose age is more than 75 years.
During the treatment of any disease with the use of Losartan, strict monitoring of the indicators is necessary. blood pressure.
To increase the therapeutic effect, the administration of this drug should be carried out at the same time, which is usually determined by a specialist. If one dose is missed, the next should be taken at the time closest to the established one, with subsequent adjustment of the time for the next dose. A double dose of this drug is not recommended.
Patients who take too much of this drug may experience symptoms such as low blood pressure or heart palpitations.
In case of an overdose of losartan, you must immediately seek help from specialists.
Interaction with other drugs
When some drugs are used simultaneously with losartan, this can lead to negative drug interactions. Interactions may develop if the drug is taken with medicines such as biologically active additives with potassium content, potassium-sparing diuretics or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. In addition, the body metabolizes drugs differently, so their joint administration with this drug can cause an increase in the content of active substances to an extreme mark.
Potassium losartan can potentially interact with a number of other medicines. Some of them are:
Drug Interactions with ACE Inhibitors
Losartan works similarly to ACE inhibitors, although it is not. Thus, a combination of these drugs may increase the risk of high potassium levels (hyperkalemia), the development of renal failure, and dangerously low blood pressure.
Drug Interactions with Diuretics
The combination of this drug with diuretics can provoke a strong decrease in pressure. To reduce the risk of such a manifestation, the attending physician should adjust the dose of losartan.
Potassium supplements or potassium salt substitutes
When taking this drug in conjunction with products containing potassium or a salt substitute with potassium, the level of potassium in the blood may become too high. This can cause serious problems, including with the cardiovascular system.
With the simultaneous administration of losartan and potassium-sparing diuretics, the body can absorb them differently than expected, which ultimately will lead to an increase in the level of potassium in the blood.
Rifampicin (Rifadin, Rimactane, Rofact)
In this case, the absorption of Losartan will occur differently than expected, which can lead to a decrease in the level of the active substance of the drug in the body.
Lithium (Eskalith, Lithane, Lithonate, Lithotabs)
The simultaneous use of losartan and lithium-containing drugs can lead to a change in metabolism and an increase in the level of lithium in the blood.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
If the patient has kidney disease or renal failure, the simultaneous use of this drug and NSAIDs can aggravate the state of health and worsen the course of the disease.
Terms of sale
The drug is dispensed in pharmacies only by prescription.
Losartan should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Tablets are best kept in an airtight container.
This drug, like all medicines, must be stored out of the reach of children.
50 mg tablets: 5 years.
100 mg tablets: 3 years.
Analogs of losartanMatches for ATX Level 4 code:TelmisartanIrbesartanPresartanNortianCandesartanCozaarAprovelTevetenBlocktranCardosalValsartanAtacandDiovanMikardisVasarWalsLoristaLozapCandesar
Analogues of Losartan are represented by a fairly large number. Analogs, they are synonyms of this drug - these are medicines containing the same active substance and intended to treat the same diseases. The analogues of the drug include:
- Losartan teva;
- Losartan richter;
- Losartan hydrochlorothiazide;
Reviews on Losartan
Reviews on Losartan in a wide variety can be found on specialized forums. Basically, reviews about this drug are positive, which confirms the beneficial effect of taking the medicine. However, there are also reviews, mainly about Losartan Richter, where people complain about the frequent manifestation of side effects. I must say that adverse reactions occur after several doses of this drug.
Price of losartan
The price of Losartan in relation to its quality and really effective effect on the body is very low. In pharmacies, this drug can be bought at a price of 126 rubles to 225 rubles, depending on the number of tablets in the package.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Losartan Richter Tab. n / a captive. 50mg No. 30AO "Gedeon Richter-RUS" 175 rub. Order
- Losartan tablets p / o captive. 50mg No. 30 NanolekOOO Nanolek139 rub. Order
- Losartan tablets p.p. 50mg No. 30 OzonOzon OOO123 rub.order
- Losartan tab. n / a captive. 100mg No. 30OOO Nanolek183 rub.order
- Losartan tablets p / o captive. 50mg No. 30 AlkaloidAlkaloid AO138 rub.order
- Losartan-Teva tablets 50mg No. 30175 rub.order
- Losartan tablets 100mg No. 30212 rub.order
- Lozartan (tab. PO 25mg No. 30) 138 rub. Order
- Losartan (tab. PO 50mg No. 30) 84 rub.
- Lozartan (tab. N / a 12.5mg No. 30) 72 rub.
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Losartan Canon 100 mg No. 30 tabletsCanonfarm Production150 rub.order
- Losartan-Teva 50 mg No. 30 tabletsTeva, LLC195 rub.order
- Lozartan-Vertex 50 mg No. 30 tabl Verteks ZAO 175 rub.order
- Losartan 12.5 mg No. 30 tabOzon OOO49 rub.order
- Losartan-n Canon 50 mg + 12.5 mg No. 30 tablets Academician V.P. Filatov LLC / Canon170 rub.order
- Lozartan-Teva 12.5mg N30 tablets AT Pharmaceutical Plant TEVA, Ugorshchina 32 UAH order
- Lozartan-Teva 50mg N90 tablets AT Pharmaceutical Plant TEVA, Ugorshchina95 UAH order
- Lozartan-Plus-Teva 100mg / 25mg No. 30 tablets AT Pharmaceutical Plant TEVA, Ugorshchina77 UAH order
- Lozartan-Teva 50mg N30 tablets AT Pharmaceutical Plant TEVA, Ugorshchina63 UAH order
- Lozartan-Teva 100mg N30 tablets AT Pharmaceutical Plant TEVA, Ugorshchina73 UAH order