Riboflavin is a part of vitamin B2 (6,7-Dimethyl-9- (D-1-ribityl) isoalloxazine).
- in powder form;
- dragees of 0.002 g - in a pack of 50 pcs.;
- tablets of 0.01 g with labeling - in a pack of 50 pcs;
Riboflavinor vitamin B2 characterized by easy absorbency and good solubility in water. In combination with other trace elements, it plays a key role in maintaining human health. Like the rest vitaminsGroup BRiboflavin supports energy production and is also active in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) is indispensable in the formation of red blood cells and helps to saturate the blood with oxygen during breathing.
In addition, Vitamin B2 stimulates the production of antibodies, and is also necessary for regulating the growth of the human body and reproductive function. In addition, this vitamin is of great importance for the health of the skin, nails, hair growth and overall good health, including participating in the regulation of the thyroid gland. It also helps in the prevention or treatment of many species. eye diseasesincluding some types cataracts.
Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics
Vitamin B2 attached to hydrogenase, kinase and synthase. Riboflavin is the Precursor flavin mononucleotide (FMN, riboflavin monophosphate) and flavin adenine dinucleotide (FAD). Antioxidant activity mainly stems from its role as a precursor to FAD and the role of this cofactor in the production of antioxidant glutathione.
Riboflavin belongs to the prosthetic group of flavin enzymes, which allows it to function as a hydrogen transporter in the process of tissue respiration and to regulate redox reactions. Reduced glutathione is a cofactor of selenium-containing glutathione peroxidases. Glutathione peroxidase is the main antioxidant enzyme. Reduced glutathione is produced by a FAD-containing enzyme. glutathione reductase.
The substance is easily absorbed in the upper parts of the gastrointestinal tract, due to absorption and subsequent phosphorylation in the gastrointestinal mucosa, blood and liver cells. Basically, this vitamin accumulates in the kidneys, adrenal glands and the liver, but, nevertheless, its nucleotides are firmly bound to the proteins of the apoenzyme, so when it is excreted, the urine can become light yellow. Protein binding is 60%. The half-life of the substance is 60-84 minutes.
Indications for use
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) is indicated for use in hypo and ariboflavinose.
In addition, the drug is prescribed for use in certain diseases, such as:
- hemeralopia (a disease characterized by a deterioration in the function of vision at night and in the evening), in this case, riboflavin is prescribed together with retinol;
- conjunctivitis (a disease of the organs of vision, characterized by inflammation of the outer shell of the eye);
- iritis (a disease of the organs of vision characterized by inflammation of the iris);
- keratitis (a disease of the organs of vision characterized by inflammation of the cornea);
- long-healing wounds and ulcers of various etymologies;
- radiation sickness (a disease that develops as a result of exposure to ionizing radiation);
- eczema(disease of the upper layer of the epidermis, characterized by the appearance of rash and burning);
- Botkin's disease (liver tissue disease, expressed as inflammation) and other liver diseases;
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Iron-deficiency anemia (a disease characterized by a sharp decrease in content hemoglobin in the blood, develops as a result of a violation of the intake, absorption or excretion of iron).
According to the Pharmacopoeia, the only contraindication to the use of Riboflavin is hypersensitivity to the active substance.
Side effects of this drug in most cases are not observed. Rarely occur allergic reactions. Even less often, when taking a monovitamin preparation, violations of the liver and visual function appear.
Instructions for use Riboflavin
Riboflavin tablets are taken orally in the following dosages:
- For treatment low levels of riboflavin (riboflavin deficiency) in adults: 5-30 mg of riboflavin (vitamin B2) per day in divided doses.
- To prevent migraine: 400 mg Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) per day. In this case, treatment can take up to three months before positive results appear.
- To prevent development cataracts and the treatment of diseases of the organs of vision: the daily diet is approximately 2.6 mg of Riboflavin (vitamin B2). Also, Riboflavin is combined with Niacin in a proportion of 3 gr. vitamin B2 and 40 gr. Niacin daily.
Instructions for use of Vitamin B2 for various age groups:
- children aged 0 to 6 months - the recommended dose of vitamin 0.3 mg per day;
- children aged 7 to 12 months - the recommended dose of vitamin 0.4 mg per day;
- children aged 1 to 3 years - the recommended dose of 0.5 mg per day;
- children aged 4 to 8 years - the recommended dose of vitamin per day is 0.6 mg;
- children aged 9 to 13 years - the recommended dose of vitamin 0.9 mg per day;
- men aged 14 years and older - the recommended dose of vitamin 1.3 mg per day;
- women aged 14 to 18 years - the recommended dose of vitamin 1 mg per day;
- women over 18 years old - the recommended dose of vitamins is 1.1 mg per day;
- women during of pregnancy it is recommended to take vitamin B2 in an amount of 1.4 mg per day;
- nursing mothers Riboflavin is recommended in an amount of 1.6 mg per day.
Drops for eyes Riboflavin, instructions for use:
Drops for the eyes of 0.01% in the form of a vitamin solution are prescribed for use in various ophthalmic diseases in a dosage: 1 drop in each eye 2 times a day. The duration of treatment is determined individually by a specialist, depending on the disease, its course and severity.
Riboflavin-Mononucleotide, instructions for use:
Riboflavin-Mononucleotide in ampoules is characterized by excellent solubility in water, which makes it possible to administer the solution both intramuscularly and intravenously. Intramuscularly, the solution is administered to adults at 0.01 g (1 ml of 1% solution) 1 time per day. The duration of treatment is from 10 to 20 days and is determined by the attending physician.
For children, intramuscular administration of Riboflavin-Mononucleotide is prescribed at 0.005-0.01 g. The first stage of treatment is carried out for 3 to 5 days in a row. The second stage of treatment involves the introduction of a solution 2-3 times a week.
An overdose of Vitamin B2 is a rather rare phenomenon and was practically not observed in patients of various age groups during treatment using this drug. It is extremely rare that an overdose of the drug can manifest itself in the form of a rash on the skin and lung itching.
Interaction with other drugs
The interaction of vitamin B2 (riboflavin) with other drugs has been studied quite deeply. Specialists note that alcohol - impairs absorption in the intestines of the active substance. In the same way various antidepressants (tricyclic or phenothiazines), therefore, the recommendation for a single dose of Riboflavin can be changed at the discretion of a professional, in patients receiving these drugs.
Concomitant use of riboflavin and Probenecid reduces the absorption of the active substance in the gastrointestinal tract, therefore, at the discretion of the doctor, the dosage of the active substance can be increased in patients using Probenecid.
Terms of sale
You can buy this monovitamin preparation in pharmacies without a prescription.
It is recommended to store the drug in a dark room.
Riboflavin in sealed packaging can be stored for three years. After packaging leakage, the preparation can be stored for no longer than 1.5 months.
Riboflavin analogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:MedobiotinCalcium PantothenateVolvitNicotinamideAlpha tocopherol acetateBiotin ComplexPyridoxine HydrochloridePyridoxineVitrum Vitamin E
Riboflavin analogues in the modern pharmaceutical market are many. Basically, they are all presented in the form of drugs for the treatment of ophthalmic diseases. The most popular of them are:
- Systein Ultra;
- Root grinder;
- Inosine + Nicotinamide + Riboflavin + Succinic Acid.
Reviews on Riboflavin
On the thematic forums, very often users discuss the benefits of this drug. The main issue raised on specialized resources is the correctness of taking Vitamin B2. Reviews in the main quantity are positive, but here are the opinions of users about where exactly to get the necessary vitamin - from food or dietary supplementsare divided almost equally.
People who believe that it is necessary to add synthetic vitamins and biologically active additives to the daily diet, argue that the modern rhythm of life and the ecological situation do not leave a chance for a modern person to get a person all the necessary nutrients in a natural way, without using vitamin and mineral complexes and wellness courses.
Their opponents, in turn, recall that synthetic vitamins, including vitamin B2, are not always absorbed sufficiently in the body, and in certain cases can have a toxic effect.
Also on the forums, the question often arises about what is better to use - monovitamin preparations, such as Riboflavin, or multivitamin complexes? Unambiguously cannot even be answered by experts who claim that for preventive purposes it is necessary to resort to the help of vitamin-mineral complexes, but with a specific deficiency of vitamin B2, it is necessary to take it, but this must be done under the strict supervision of a doctor.
The price of Riboflavin is quite low, so this drug is often prescribed for treatment hypovitaminosis and other diseases.
On Riboflavin tablets the price is different, but, as a rule, varies within certain limits. Riboflavin tablets can be bought at a price of 75 to 80 rubles, depending on the number of tablets in the package.
Drops for eyes Riboflavin are slightly more expensive and you can buy them at a price of about 180 rubles per 10 ml.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
LuxPharma * special offer
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) tablets 10mg 50pcs1960 rub.order
- Riboflavin mononucleotide solution d / in. 10mg / ml 1ml n10OAO Ufa Vitam.z-d105 rub.order
- Riboflavin Mononucleotide (amp. 1% 1ml No. 10) 92 rub. Order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Riboflavin mononucleotide solution for intramuscular injection of 1% 1 ml n10 ampFarmstandart-Ufa Vitamin Plant, O105 rub.order