The main active substance is betahistine dihydrochloride.
- croscarmellose sodium;
- sodium lauryl sulfate;
- microcrystalline cellulose;
- citric acid;
- magnesium stearate.
- Round cylindrical tablets of white color with a marking indicating the dose of the active substance (8 mg).
- The tablets are oblong biconvex with rounded edges with a marking applied to the surface, indicating the dose of the active substance - 16 and 24 mg, respectively.
Betahistine is an analogue histaminecreated by the synthetic method. Basically, the active substance of the drug is able to use histamine H-1 and H-3 receptors (weak and strong antagonists) of the central nervous system. In this case, referring to the receptors of the inner ear and vestibular nuclei.
Betahistine dihydrochloride acts on the bloodstream, stimulating microcirculation and permeability of the capillaries of the inner ear. In addition, the active substance of this drug stabilizes the pressure of the endolymph in the cochlea and the labyrinth.
Due to the fact that Betagistin is essentially an inhibitor of the N-3 receptors of the nuclei of the vestibular apparatus, this drug has a pronounced effect on the central nervous system, stabilizing the neuronal transmission in the neurons of the vestibular nucleus.
When administered properly, betahistine can neutralize symptoms very quickly. vestibular dizziness. The exposure period of the active substance of this drug is from several minutes to 24 hours. Regular administration of Betahistin under the supervision of a doctor will reduce the frequency and effectiveness of dizziness, reduce noise and tinnitus in patients, and also restore hearing if it worsens. The drug does not have a sedative effect and does not cause various coordination disorders. Does not affect the endocrine glands.
Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics
Betagistin is rapidly and completely absorbed after oral administration of the drug in tablets. Peak plasma concentrations of the active substance of the drug are achieved approximately one hour after oral administration on an empty stomach. Subsequently, Betahistin binds to human plasma proteins, however, it is worth noting a very low level of communication - less than 5%.
In plasma, the maximum concentration of the active substance is reached after about 60 minutes. It is excreted from the body as a result of metabolism by metabolizing to inactive metabolites - 2-pyridylacetic acid (major metabolite) and demethylbetagistin.
Almost complete elimination of the drug occurs during the day mainly through the kidneys (approximately 90%), the remaining 10% is excreted through the intestines and liver.
Very often, on online forums, users ask the question: “Why Betagistin?”.
Indications for the use of Betahistine are as follows: treatmentMeniere's syndromeas well as symptoms that may include dizziness, tinnitus, partial hearing loss, nausea, impaired coordination.
Reference: Meniere's syndrome manifested in the form of vestibular and auditory disorderspreviously not observed in humans. May develop as acute stroke. There is a high probability of subsequent relapse.
Betagistin is contraindicated in patients with pheochromocytoma. Since this drug is a synthetic analogue of histamine, its administration can cause the release of catecholamines, which leads to severe hypertension.
In addition, taking Betagistin is contraindicated if the patient has an increased sensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients that make up this drug.
Along with the obvious beneficial effects, taking Betagistin can trigger side effects.
Attention: not every patient taking this drug will feel discomfort, and observe the manifestation of at least one of the side effects listed below.
Experts warn that the manifestation of side effects when taking any drug is not always interpreted in a negative way. As a rule, in most cases, any reaction can mean adaptation of the body to a new drug, therefore, before making a decision on refusing to use the medicine, you should consult your doctor.
Common side effects from taking Betagistin are observed in one in ten patients who take this medicine. The list of the most common side effects includes symptoms such as:
- general malaise;
- stomach upset (occurs when taking the drug before meals, which is strictly contraindicated);
- headache (in this case, you should accept painkiller, by prior recommendation of a specialist);
- bloating or discomfort;
- allergic skin reactions, such as sbeats and rash (if such reactions occur, use antihistamine or anoint the problem areas of the skin with a moisturizer).
If these recommendations do not help to eliminate side effects, the patient must consult a doctor without fail before taking the next dose of Betagistin.
Instructions for use Betagistin
Betagistin medicine must be taken strictly in accordance with the instructions.
Dosage for adults:
Dizziness tablets should be taken with food or after meals in a dosage of 8 or 16 mg three times a day at the initial stage of treatment with this drug.
Maintenance doses of the drug typically range from 24 to 48 mg per day at the discretion of the attending physician. The daily dose should not exceed 48 mg. Dosage can be adjusted according to individual health characteristics of patients. Sometimes improvement can be observed only after several weeks of treatment.
Treatment of patients with hepatic, renal and heart failure:
For patients with liver failure, Betagistin treatment should be prescribed after a thorough study. The treatment of patients with renal and heart failure is also prescribed.
Treatment of elderly patients:
In old age, Betagistin should be used with caution, since in this population there is a greater likelihood of negative reactions from the body to the active and auxiliary substances that make up the drug.
Betagistin, instructions for use for children and adolescents:
Betagistin tablets are not recommended for use in children and adolescents under the age of 18 years due to a lack of data on the safety and effectiveness of the drug.
General information about cases of an overdose of Betagistin has not been reported. It is known that some patients experienced mild to moderate symptoms in the form of headache, nausea, drowsiness and abdominal pain when taking the drug in a dose of up to 640 mg.
Other symptoms of overdose: vomiting, dyspepsia, ataxia and cramps.
More serious complications: convulsions, pulmonary or cardiovascular complications were observed in cases of deliberate overdose of the drug, especially in combination with other medications. There is no specific antidote, therefore, in case of overdose with this medicine, gastric lavage is recommended for one hour after administration.
Interaction with other drugs
There are currently no proven cases of hazardous drug interactions.
Terms of sale
The drug is dispensed in pharmacies exclusively by prescription with the appropriate seal.
This medicinal product must be stored at room temperature not exceeding 25 ° Celsius, away from moisture and heat. Tablets are recommended to be kept in an airtight container.
Shelf life 2 years. After the expiration date, taking tablets is strictly contraindicated in order to avoid negative manifestations from the organs and systems of the body.
Betagistin analoguesMatches for ATX Level 4 code:BetagisStugeronBetaserkBetaverWestinormWestCapTagistaVestiboCinnarizine
Betagistin analogues, similar in composition and effective effect on the body:
- Alfaserk - antihistamine in the form of tablets or drops;
- Asniton - a drug in the form of tablets;
- Betaver - a drug in the form of tablets.
- Betahistine hydrochloride;
- Betahistine dihydrochloride;
- Betaserk - a drug in the form of tablets;
- Vestibo- the drug is in the form of tablets;
- WestCap - a drug in the form of tablets;
- Tagista - a drug in the form of tablets.
Reviews about Betahistine
As is the case with all drugs, reviews of Betagistin are not always positive. In specialized forums, you can often find reviews about the drug, talking about not always stable effect. In this connection, most people suffering from chronic disorders of the cardiovascular system are forced to resort to taking these pills regularly. But this does not guarantee getting rid of headaches and dizziness.
Nevertheless, there are many positive reviews. For example, several women wrote that during the offensive menopause they began to experience wild headaches and dizziness, which did not allow them to even slightly tilt their heads down, because at these moments they lost their coordination completely. After the appointment of Betagistin, these symptoms disappeared completely, clarity of mind and lightness appeared throughout the body.
Both positive and negative reviews suggest that this drug requires very delicate use - with some violations it can completely restore health, and with others, on the contrary, it will not have the expected effect, but only reduce the manifestation of symptoms.
The price of Betahistine hydrochloride may be different and depends on the number of tablets in the package. For example, the price of Betagistin 24 mg varies from 58 to 65 rubles, which, incidentally, does not affect the demand for this drug. Many consumers believe that such a low cost of the drug is an additional plus to its obvious advantages.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Betagistin tablets 16mg No. 30 VertexVertex AO260 rub.order
- Betahistine canon tab. 8mg No. 30Canonfarm Production / ZAO Rainbow63 rub.order
- Betagistin tablets 16mg No. 30 PranafarmPranafarm OOO93 rub.order
- Betagistin-sz tab. 24mg No. 30North Star CJSC152 rub.order
- Betagistin tablets 24mg No. 30 PranafarmPranafarm OOO90 rub.order
- Betagistin (tab. 24mg No. 20) 29 rub.order
- Betahistinum (tab.16mg No. 30) 64 rub.order
- Betagistin Canon 24mg tablets No. 3083 rub.order
- Betagistin (tab.16mg No. 30) 63 rub.order
- Betagistin (tab.16mg No. 30) 248 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Betagistin-sz 16 mg No. 30 tab. North Star105 rub.order
- Betagistin 8 mg No. 30 tabOzon OOO49 rub.order
- Betagistin 24 mg No. 60 tabletsPranafarm, OOO257 rub.order
- Betagistin-Vertex 24 mg No. 20 tabletsPranapharm313 rubles to order
- Betagistin 24 mg No. 30 tabletsPranafarm, OOO136 rub.order
- Betagistin-KV 16 mg N30 tablets PAT "Kiev Vitamin Factory", metro Kyiv, Ukraine76 UAH order
- Betagistin-Teva 24 mg No. 20 tablets Merkle GmbH, Nimechchina121 UAH
- Betagistin-Teva 16 mg No. 30 tablets Merkle GmbH, Nimechchina109 UAH
- Betagistin-KV 8 mg N30 tablets PAT "Kiev Vitamin Factory", metro Kyiv, Ukraine55 UAH order
- Betagistin-KV 24 mg N30 tablets PAT "Kiev Vitamin Plant", metro Kyiv, Ukraine90 UAH order
- Betagistin - KV table. 24mg No. 30 92 UAH to order
- Betagistin-Teva 16 mg No. 60 tablets Catalent Germany Schorndorf GmbH (Germany) 2 tg.
- Betagistin-Teva 16 mg No. 30 tablets Catalent Germany Schorndorf GmbH (Germany) 1 tg.
- Betagistin-Teva 24 mg No. 60 tablets Catalent Germany Schorndorf GmbH (Germany) 3 tg.
- Betahistin-ratiopharm 16 mg No. 30 tab.Catalent GmbH for ratiopharm GmbH (Germany) 1 tg.order
- Betagistin-Teva 24 mg No. 30 tablets Catalent Germany Schorndorf GmbH (Germany) 2 tg.