Pills: midecamycin 400 mg, magnesium stearate, potassium polacrilin, talc and MCC as excipients.
Granules: midecamycin acetate 175 mg and excipients.
Pillsin a shell of 400 mg.
Granules in a bottle for the preparation of a suspension of 175 mg / 5 ml.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Macropen antibiotic belongs to the group macrolides. By inhibiting the synthesis of proteins in the cells of microorganisms, it has small doses bacteriostaticaction, and in large - bactericidal. Its effectiveness in relation to gram-positive(clostridia, streptococcus, listeria, staphylococcus, corynebacterium), gram negative (campylobacter, moraxella, haemophilus influenzae, helicobacter, bacteroids) bacteriaas well as intracellular microorganisms (mycoplasmas, chlamydia, ureaplasma).
After administration, it is quickly and completely absorbed from the digestive tract. The maximum concentration of the drug in serum after 1-2 hours. At this level, the concentration remains up to 6 hours. Eating slightly reduces the concentration of the drug in the blood, so it is recommended to take it before meals. The highest concentrations are in the lungs, parotid gland and skin.
The drug is metabolized in the liver, excreted with bile and kidneys (to a lesser extent).
Indications for use
Infections that are caused by drug-sensitive microorganisms:
- respiratory tract infections (tonsillitis, pharyngitis, otitis media, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia);
- infections urinary systemcaused, including by mycoplasma, ureaplasma, chlamydia;
- infections of the mucous membranes and skin;
- enteritiscaused by campylobacter;
- diphtheria and whooping cough;
- treatment of patients who do not tolerate penicillin antibiotics.
- sensitivity to midecamycin;
- heavy liver failure;
- age up to 3 years (for taking tablets).
- epigastric pain nausea, vomiting, decreased appetite, diarrhea, jaundice;
- pseudomembranous colitis;
- skin rash, urticaria, itchy skin;
Instructions for use Macropen (Method and dosage)
Macropen has two forms of release - pills and suspensionwhich is prepared from granules by adding water.
Macropen tablets, instructions for use
Macropen is prescribed every 8 hours.
Adults and children (with a body weight of 30 kg or more) - 400 mg 3 times. For adults, the daily dose (maximum) is 1600 mg.
Children with body weight less than 30 kg - 20-40 mg / kg, dividing the daily dose by 3 times. The daily dose for severe infections can be 50 mg / kg, also dividing by 3 times.
Supensia Macropen, instructions for use
This form of release is used in childhood. Depending on the body weight of the child, the dosage is calculated and taken 2 times a day:
- from 0 to 5 kg -3.75 ml of a suspension of 2 r / s;
- from 5 to 10 kg -7.5 ml of a suspension of 2 r / s;
- from 10 to 15 kg -10 ml of a suspension of 2 r / s;
- from 15 to 20 kg -15 ml of a suspension of 2 r / s;
- from 20 to 25 kg - 22.5 ml of a suspension of 2 r / s.
To prepare the suspension, 100 ml of water is added to the granules in the vial. The course of treatment with Macropen is 7-10 days, and in the case of chlamydial infection 14 days.
To the question of why Macropen tablets, you can answer - this antibiotic is prescribed for any infections, but most often with respiratory tract infections. It is effective in 90% of patients with tonsillopharyngitissharp otitisand sinusitischronic bronchitisand pneumonia. In view of low toxicity and high efficiency, Macropen is used in newborns in the treatment of chlamydial respiratory tract infection.
There is a high efficiency of the use of this drug in sore throat. Since the antibiotic has a wide spectrum of action, therefore, a nasopharyngeal infection is quickly suppressed, the symptoms of the disease stop. Macropen for angina is prescribed 400 mg 3 times a day.
Macropen is also widely used in sinusitis. And depending on the severity of this disease, the dose in adults can be 1200 mg - 1600 mg per day. With the timely appointment of Macropen for sinusitis, the likelihood of complications is reduced and, in many cases, therapeutic puncture of the maxillary sinus can be avoided.
Macropen for children
In pediatric practice, this drug is considered the most effective and safest antibiotic. Pediatricians practically do not face side effects.
Macropen does not cause dysbiosisoften encountered with other antibiotics. When using this drug, antifungal agents are not prescribed (only for weakened infants). Macropen for children is available in a convenient form for administration - the prepared suspension has a pleasant taste, therefore, there are no problems with the treatment. This is also indicated by the reviews of parents who note the effect of treatment in cases when penicillin-type antibiotics are no longer effective.
There are no reports of overdose cases. Possible symptoms are nausea, vomiting.
When using the drug with carbamazepineits transformation in the liver decreases and, accordingly, the concentration in the serum increases, which increases the risk of toxic effects of the latter: urinary retention, ataxia, cramps.
When using Macropen with warfarin the risk of bleeding increases, with cyclosporine - risk of nephrotoxicity, s ergometrin and ergotamine- spasm of peripheral vessels (ischemia and possible gangrene limbs).
Terms of sale
Released by prescription.
Tablets and granules in a bottle are stored in a dry place, the temperature should not be higher than 25 ° C. The finished suspension is stored for 7 days at room temperature and 14 days in the refrigerator.
Shelf life is 3 years.
Analogs of MacropenMatches for ATX Level 4 code:EkositrinAzitsinRovamycinAzitRusSafocideClarithromycinSumamed ForteClarbactAzithromycinAzitro SandozSumamedZ-factorAzitralAzimedAzicideSpiramycin veroZitrolideEcomedKlacid SRKlacid
Analogs for the active substance are not available. Macropen analogues related to the same pharmacological group (macrolides of the II generation): Clarithromycin, Azithromycin, Josamycin.
The price of analogues of clarithromycin 500 mg No. 14-311 - 456 rubles. (manufacturer Pliva), designed for a 7-day course of treatment.
Azithromycin capsules 500mg No. 3 - 85 -99 rubles. (Obolensk FP Russia), is designed for a 3-day course of treatment.
Macropen reviews in most cases positive. Most of them are about the use of the drug. with sinusitis.High efficiency is noted - in many cases, with timely prescription of the drug, the patient's condition quickly improves, and puncture can be dispensed with. The duration of treatment is from 7 to 14 days. It is important to complete the course of treatment, otherwise the "hiding" infection may acquire a chronic form.
A large number of reviews on the use of suspension for children. Parents are satisfied with the results of treatment: quickly helps effectively with coughing, especially protracted. Since the treatment lasted up to 10 days, in parallel, the child was given probiotics (Linex, Bactisubtil) Some noted the occurrence of adverse reactions in children: nausea, lethargy, vomiting. In such cases, Macropen was canceled. In any case, it is not worth drawing conclusions that the drug is not effective. It depends on the individual characteristics of the body.
Macropen price, where to buy
This drug can be found in any pharmacy. By purchasing Macropen tablets, the price of which varies in pharmacies in Moscow and amounts to 268 - 376 rubles. for 16 capsules, you can make a request on the Internet and choose a more suitable option. The price of Macropen suspension is from 270 rubles. up to 306 rub.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Macropen Tab. p.p.o. 400mg n16Merk KGAa & Co. Verk Spittal / JSC KRKA, dd. 304 rubles to order
- Macropen (suspension. 175mg / 5ml 115ml) 297 rub.
- Macropen (tab. 400mg No. 16) 338 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Macropen 400 mg n16 tablet Merck KGaA and Co. Verck Spittal / JSC "KRKA, d380 rub. Order
- Macropen granules for the preparation of a suspension of 175 mg / 5 ml New place499 rub.order
- Macropen 175 mg / 5 ml 115 ml granules 96 UAH
- Macropen 400 mg No. 16 tablets KRKA, dd, Novo mesto, Slovenia / Merck KGaA i Ko, Verk Spital, Austria 106 UAH order
- Macropen tablets Macropen tablets PO 400mg No. 16 Slovenia, KRKA d.d. Novo Mesto 116 UAH order
- Macropen liquid Macropen granules for suspension suspension 175mg / 5ml 115ml Slovenia, KRKA d.d. Novo Mesto 120 UAH order
- Macropen 175 mg / 5 ml 115 ml por.d / susp. for oral administration KRKA (Slovenia) 1 tg.order
- Macropen 400 mg No. 16 tab.po.KRKA (Slovenia) 1 tg.order