"Pharmacopoeia" strictly normalizes the composition of the drug. Active substance - sulfanilamide. Streptocide ointment also contains soft white paraffin as an additional component. The powder contains 0.5 mg sulfanilamide.
In pharmacies you can find ointment and powder. Varieties of the drug are also known as Streptocid white and Streptocide soluble liniment. Streptocide tablets since 2008 in Russia is not available and is not for sale.
Antimicrobial a remedy for the treatment of skin integument.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Streptocide is antimicrobial bacteriostatic means. It acts against pathogenic cocci, Shigella spp., Clostridium perfringens, Corynebacterium diphtheriae, Chlamydia spp., Toxoplasma gondii, Escherichia coli, Vibrio cholerae, Bacillus anthracis, Yersinia pestis, Actinomyces israelii. The medicine promotes accelerated healing of wounds and epithelization of erosion.
Wikipedia and other sites indicate synonymously streptocide sulfonamide. Its chemical name is 4-Aminobenzenesulfonamide, and the formula is C6H8N2O2S.
The basis of his action is competitive antagonism from PABKsynthesis violation tetrahydrofolate, as well as dihydropteroate synthase inhibition.
Indications for use
Helps streptocide against acne as well as in treatment pyoderma, funny faces, impetigopurulent-inflammatory lesions of the skin, carbuncle, folliculitis, blackheads, burns I and II degree, infected wounds of various origins.
Previously, Streptocide throat tablets were used, which were produced in the Russian Federation until 2008. Now with sore throat powder may be used. It effectively helps with sore throat.
This tool is also used for infections of the skin, ENT organs, respiratory and urinary tract. It is possible to use Streptocide powder for wounds and as a prophylactic, it is also, like Streptocide ointment, soluble.
From what powder tablets or liniment help in this or that case, it is better to consult a doctor.
This tool has the following contraindications: hypersensitivity to sulfonamides, anemiaCongenital Deficiency glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase, porphyriadiseases of the hematopoietic system, renal and liver failure, azotemia.
The use of Streptocid tablets is also contraindicated in thyrotoxicosis, nephrosis, jade, bazedovoy disease.
When using the product, possible allergic reactionsIn addition, the following side effects are observed: headache, paresthesianausea dyspepsia, agranulocytosis, cyanosis, dizziness, tachycardiavomiting leukopenia, crystalluria.
Pills can also cause diarrhea, and in rare cases nephrotoxicreactions thrombocytopenia, hypoprothrombinemia, eosinophilia, visual impairment, peripheral neuritis, hypothyroidism, ataxia.
Instructions for use Streptocid (Method and dosage)
For those who use Streptocid ointment, the instructions for use report that the product is intended for application in a thin layer on affected skin. Thus, the tool is applied topically and externally. Besides, liniment Streptocide 10 and 5% can be spread on a gauze napkin, which is changed every 1-2 days.
The powder is applied directly to the affected areas. With deep wounds, it is introduced into the wound cavity in a dosage of 5 to 15 g. For those who use Streptocid powder, the instructions for use also report that you can do dressings every 1-2 days.
Pills apply orally at a dosage of 0.5 g 5-6 times / day. The maximum dosage is 2 g at a time. The instruction for Streptocid reports that you can not take more than 7 g per day. Tablets for children are taken in the following dosage at a time:
- age up to 1 year - 0.05-0.1 g;
- age 2-5 years - 0.2-0.3 g;
- age 6-12 years - 0.3-0.5 g.
Soluble streptocide is used in the same way as a similar remedy in the form of a conventional ointment.
In addition, it is possible to use powder for sore throat. It helps if the disease has already begun to progress, but has not yet penetrated into the internal tissues. Powder needs to slightly lighten the mucous membrane of the throat and tonsils, and after 10 minutes, rinse with a disinfectant solution. The procedure is recommended to be repeated every 2 hours.
If the disease has just begun to manifest, it is permissible to use tablets for the throat. The tablet must be crushed into powder and mixed with a teaspoon of honey. This drug is taken before bedtime. The effect can be seen the very next day.
In addition, when using the drug during sore throatsIt is very important to observe the correct diet. Food should be liquid and warm, without a lot of spices and hot sauces. It is especially useful to drink grapefruit and lemon juices. These drinks have a beneficial effect on the immune system.
With an overdose of the drug, nausea is possible, intestinal colic, headache, depression, confusion, fever, crystalluriavomiting dizziness, drowsinessfainting, impaired vision, hematuria. Long-term use of the drug in high doses is fraught with the appearance of thrombocytopenia, megaloblastic anemia, leukopenia, jaundice.
In case of an overdose, heavy drinking is indicated. If a large dose was taken accidentally, gastric lavage is performed.
Myelotoxic drugs enhance hematotoxic manifestations of streptocide.
Terms of sale
It is sold in the pharmacy network without a prescription.
Keep the medicine out of the reach of children, preferably at a temperature of up to 25 ° C.
Five years from the date indicated on the package. Do not use at expiration date.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:DermazineArgosulfanEbermin
The following analogues of the drug are common:
They are sold in tablets. All analogues have their own characteristics of use, so before using any of these drugs, you should carefully read the instructions.
Streptocide during pregnancy (and lactation)
In contraindications to the drug, it is indicated that streptocide with of pregnancy and lactation It is forbidden to accept. The active substance of the drug quickly passes through the placental barrier and is found in the blood of the fetus. In addition, it can cause toxic effects.
At breastfeeding the drug can provoke nuclear jaundicein infants.
Reviews about Streptocide
Opinions about this medicine as about antimicrobial the tool is exclusively positive. Reviews of Streptocide report that the drug is effective and quick-acting. The tool helps to cope with many problems and at the same time has a low cost.
Acne Streptocide Powder reviews also gets positive. Especially if you combine its use with a special tonic or lotion.
Streptocide price, where to buy
This tool is considered very affordable. So the price of ointment in pharmacies is about 20 rubles. And the cost of the powder may depend on the form of release. It can be bought in a bottle, bank, bags. The price of Streptocide powder in a bottle or jar is about 40 rubles. And the cost of funds in packages is about 30 rubles. The price of streptocide in tablets is not indicated anywhere, since this drug has not been on sale since 2008.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Soluble streptocide liniment 5% 30g Nizhfarm OJSC 86 rub. Order
- Streptocide powder 2gLumi LLC27 rub.order
- Streptocide ointment (tube 10% 25g) 68 rub.order
- Streptocide liniment sol. (tube 5% 30g) 70 rub.order
- Streptocide (por. 2g No. 1) 23 rub.order
- Streptocide (por. 10g (dose)) 91 rubles.order
- Streptocide ointment (jar 10% 25g) 63 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Streptocide liniment 5% 30 state-owned company "Ozone" 110 rub. Order
- Streptocide powder 2 g Tula FF40 rub.order
- Streptocide ointment 10% 25 gBiosynthesis OJSC70 rub.order
- Streptocid ointment 10% 25 g Ternopharm TOV, metro Ternopil, Ukraine 8 UAH order
- Streptocid ointment 10% 25 g tube PAT "Lubnifarm", Ukraine 9 UAH order
- Streptocid 0.3 g N10 tablets Ternofarm TOV, metro Ternopil, Ukraine 3 UAH order
- Streptocid ointment 10% 25 g PrAT ФФ "Віола", Ukraine9 UAH order
- Streptocid ointment 10% 25 g PrAT ФФ "Віола", Ukraine 11 UAH order
- Streptocide ointment Streptocid ointment 10% 25g Ukraine, Lubnyfarm PAO 10 UAH order
- Streptocide tablets Streptocide tablets. 0.5g №10 Ukraine, Ternofarm LLC 6 UAH order
- Streptocide tablets Streptocide tablets. 0.3g №10 Ukraine, Ternofarm LLC 3 UAH order
- Streptocide ointment Streptocid ointment 5% 25g ind. pack Ukraine, Viola FF CJSC 11 UAH to order
- Streptocide tablets Streptocide tablets 0.3g No. 10 Ukraine, Darnitsa PrJSC 5 UAH order
- Streptocid 300 mg No. 10 tablet Khimfarm (Kazakhstan) 190 tg.order
- Streptocid 300 mg No. 10 tablet Lubnypharm (Ukraine) 190 tg.order
- Streptocid 10% 40 g ointment in a ban. Shansharov Farm (Kazakhstan) 125 tg.
- Streptocid 10% 25 g ointment in a ban.Pharmacy 2010 LLP (Kazakhstan) 105 tg.order