One dose of Symbicort Turbuhaler includes 320 mcg micronized budesonide and 9 mcg formoterol fumarate dihydrate either 160 mcg micronized budesonide and 4.5 mcg formoterol fumarate dihydrate either 80 mcg micronized budesonide and 4.5 mcg formoterol fumarate dihydrate.
Additional components: lactose monohydrate.
A powder intended for inhalation in the form of round white granules.
60 doses (for all dosages) of such a powder in a plastic turbuhaler inhaler, one such inhaler in a pack of cardboard.
120 doses (for dosages of 80 / 4.5 μg and 160 / 4.5 μg) of such a powder in a plastic turbuhaler inhaler, one such inhaler in a pack of cardboard.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Two-component therapy agent bronchial asthma. INN is missing. Includes budesonide and formoterolthat have different effects and exhibit a mutually stimulating effect with respect to reducing the frequency of attacks bronchial asthma.
Budesonide - glucocorticosteroidhaving a dose-dependent and rapid anti-inflammatory effect on the respiratory tract, reducing the severity of symptoms and the frequency of attacks bronchial asthma. When using inhalation budesonidethere is a reduced incidence of serious negative effects than when using glucocorticosteroidssystemic action. Weakens swelling of the bronchial mucosa, secretion of mucus, sputum.
Formoterol - second component, selective stimulant β2-adrenergic receptors. It causes rapid and long-term relaxation of the smooth muscles of the bronchi in patients with reversible narrowing of the lumen of the respiratory tract. This action is dose-dependent and occurs 2–3 minutes after inhalation and lasts at least 12 hours.
When combined use formoterol and budesonide signs are reduced bronchial asthma,lung function is stimulated and the frequency of seizures decreases. The drug is well tolerated by patients.
No evidence of interaction found in studies budesonide and formoterol. Inhaled budesonide actively absorbed and after 30 minutes reaches maximum concentration. Bioavailability is 49%. The pharmacokinetics in children 6-16 years old and in adult patients is not different.
Inhaled formoterol It is also actively absorbed after inhalation and after 10 minutes reaches its maximum concentration. Systemic bioavailability - 61%. Plasma Protein Binding formoterol is 50% budesonide- approximately 90%.
Budesonide undergoes active biotransformation during the "first passage" through the liver with the synthesis of metabolites with weak hormonal activity.
Formoterol metabolized in the liver by a conjugation method with the formation of active metabolites. Budesonide it is excreted by the kidneys in the form of metabolites and only in small quantities - in its original form.
After application, up to 13% of the delivered quantity formoterol excreted in its original form by the kidneys. The half-life is 17 hours.
Indications for use
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease(symptomatic therapy in people with a severe form of the disease and with relapses of exacerbations in the anamnesis and with severe symptoms, despite treatment with prolonged action bronchodilators).
- Bronchial asthma(poorly controlled using inhaled glucocorticosteroids and beta2-adrenergic agonists short-acting or well controlled by inhalation glucocorticosteroids and beta2-adrenergic agonists long-term action).
- Age up to 6 years (for all forms of release).
- Age up to 12 years (for release forms 320/9 mcg).
- Sensitization to formoterol, budesonide or inhaled lactose.
Use with caution in patients with pulmonary tuberculosis; with viral, bacterial or fungal respiratory infections; from thyrotoxicosis, diabetes, pheochromocytoma, hypokalemia, arterial hypertension severe degree aneurysm or cardiovascular disease severe degree.
- CNS reactions: nausea, headacheanxiety, psychomotor agitation, depression, sleep disorderstaste disturbances.
- Reactions from the circulatory system: atrial fibrillation, tachycardia, extrasystole, angina pectoris,pressure changes.
- Reactions from the musculoskeletal system: cramps, tremors.
- Respiratory system reactions: mild throat irritation, candidiasis mucous membranes of the mouth and throat, hoarseness, cough, bronchospasm.
- Dermatological reactions: exanthema, itchingbruising dermatitis.
- Allergic reactions: Quincke's edema, hives, anaphylactic reactions.
- Metabolic disorders: hyperglycemia, hypokalemiasymptoms of generalized action glucocorticosteroids.
Instructions for use Symbicort Turbuhaler (Method and dosage)
Instructions for use of Symbicort Turbuhaler indicate that this drug does not serve for the initial treatment of mild asthma.
Dose selection is carried out individually, given the severity of the disease. Before the first use, the inhaler must be prepared in order to understand how this is done and how to use the inhaler it is necessary to watch the video.
Video how to use Symbicort Turbuhaler:
Patients taking the drug should be regularly examined by the doctor who prescribed the drug so that the dosage remains optimal.
Recommended Dosage. Adults (from 18 years) can take up to two inhalations twice a day. Some patients may need up to four inhalations twice a day. Children (12-17 years old) should also use up to two inhalations twice a day.
After exercising control over the symptoms of asthma, the dose is selected to the least effective, up to the use of the drug once a day. In children (6-12 years old), a dosage form with the lowest dosage up to two inhalations twice a day is used.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
The recommended dose for adults is two inhalations twice a day.
Symptoms: inhibition of adrenal function, tremor, hypercorticism, palpitations, headache, hyperglycemia, hypokalemia, arrhythmianausea.
Treatment is symptomatic.
Beta blockers weaken the effect formoterol.
When combined with disopyramide, quinidine, procainamide, antihistamines, phenothiazines, MAO inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants the risk of ventricular arrhythmias.
L-thyroxine, L-dopa, oxytocin and ethanolmay impair cardiovascular tolerance beta 2-sympathomimetics.
Sharing MAO inhibitors, furazolidone and procarbazine able to cause allergic reactions.
Terms of sale
Observe the temperature regime up to 30 degrees. Keep out of the reach of children.
Does not affect the ability to drive a car.
Analogs Symbicort Turbuhaler
There are the following analogues of Symbicort: Foracort 200 (full analogue), Airtrek, Berodual, Seretid.
It is forbidden to take the drug for children under 6 years of age, and a dosage form of 320/9 mcg for children under 12 years of age.
In pregnancy (and lactation)
It is possible to use if there are strict indications and as directed by a doctor.
Reviews about Symbicort Turbuhaler
Reviews of Symbicort on forums on the Internet and reviews of doctors indicate that this drug helps many people cope with attacks bronchial asthma and significantly improve the quality of life.
What is better Seretid or Symbicort?
The choice between drugs Seretida and Symbicorta should be done based on the individual characteristics of the patient. There are frequent cases when one of the drugs is ineffective, then it is replaced by an analog.
Price Symbicort Turbuhaler, where to buy
Buy the drug containing the lowest dosage in Russia will be 1025-1910 rubles. And the price of Symbicort Turbuhaler 80 / 4.5 mcg in Ukraine reaches 360 hryvnias.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Symbicort turbuhaler then. d / inhal. 80mkg + 4.5mkg / dose 60 doses n1 AstraZeneca AB / ZiO-Health / LLC Astra Zeneka Industries 1015 rub.order
- Symbicort turbuhaler then. d / inhal. dosed 160mkg / 4.5mkg / dose (metered-dose turbuhaler inhalers) 60doses No. 1 AstraZeneca AB / AstraZeneca Industries LLC 1397 rub.
- Symbicort turbuhaler then. d / inhal. dosed 80 / 4.5 mcg / dose 120 doses inhaler No. 1 Astra Zeneka AB / LLC Astra Zeneka Industries1925 rub.order
- Symbicort turbuhaler then. d / inhal. 320mkg + 9mkg / dose 60 doses n1 Astra Zeneka AB / LLC Astra Zeneka Industries 2529 rub. Order
- Symbicort Turbuhaler powder for inhalation 160mkg 60dose1590 rub.order
- Symbicort turbuhaler (por. D / inhal. 80mkg 60dos) 1015 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Symbicort turbuhaler inhalation powder 80 mcg plus 4.5 mcg 120 doses AstraZeneca / ZiO-Health 2081 rub. Order
- Symbicort turbuhaler inhalation powder 80 mcg plus 4.5 mcg 60 doses AstraZeneca AB / LLC AstraZeneca I1096 rub.order
- Symbicort turbuhaler powder for inhalation 160 mcg plus 4.5 mcg 120 doses AstraZeneca / AstraZeneca Industry2834 rub.order
- Symbicort turbuhaler powder for inhalation 160 mcg plus 4.5 mcg 60 doses AstraZeneca AB / LLC AstraZeneca I1596 rub.order
- Symbicort Turbuhaler 80 / 4.5 mcg / dose 60 doses inhalation powder Astra Zeneka AB, Shvetsia 363 UAH order
- Symbicort Turbuhaler 160 / 4.5 mcg / dose N60 powder for inhalation Astra Zeneka AB, Shvetsia454 UAH order
- Symbicort Turbuhaler 320 mcg N60 powder for inhalation 1054 UAH order
- Symbicort Symbicort turbuhaler then. d / ing. 160mkg / dose + 4.5mkg / dose 60 doses Sweden, AstraZeneca 492 UAH order
- Symbicort Symbicort Turbuhaler inhalation powder 320mkg / dose + 9mkg / dose 60 doses Sweden, AstraZeneca 1116 UAH order
- Symbicort Symbicort turbuhaler then. d / ing. 80 mkg / dose + 4.5 mkg / dose 60 doses Sweden, AstraZeneca 393 UAH to order
- Symbicort Turbuhaler 80 / 4.5 mcg 60 doses por.d / inhal.dose Astra Zeneka AB (Sweden) 9 tg.order
- Symbicort Turbuhaler 160 / 4.5 mcg 120 doses por.d / inhal.dose Astra Zeneka AB (Sweden) 20 tg.order
- Symbicort Turbuhaler 160 / 4.5 mcg 60 doses por.d / inhal.dose Astra Zeneka AB (Sweden) 11 tg.order
- Symbicort Turbuhaler 80 / 4.5 mcg 120 doses por.d / inhal.dose Astra Zeneka AB (Sweden) 17 tg.order