The medicine is released in the form of powder or tablets, the composition contains 50 mg tofisopama.
Tofisopam produced in the form of fine powder, in plastic bags of 1 kilogram.
Or in round white tablets, 20 or 60 pieces per pack.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Tofisopam is tranquilizerbelongs to the group of derivatives benzodiazepine. The hypnotic, sedative and anticonvulsant effects characteristic of this group are poorly expressed. On the contrary, the substance has some stimulating activity. This drug can be attributed to “daytime” tranquilizers.
Active substance stimulates in the brain benzodiazepine receptors, as a result, sensitivity increases GABA receptors to the action of a specific mediator. Thus, the current chlorine ions and the activity of the chlorine channels increases, hyperpolarization membranes neurons their activity amplifies and decreases.
Indications for use
The drug is prescribed:
- for treatment neurosis and neurosis-like disorders;
- at vegetative disorders, apathydecreased activity;
- for treatment reactive depression, with moderate psychopathic symptoms;
- with severe stress, after suffering emotional trauma;
- as part of complex therapy with cardialgia (combination with other means), menopausal syndrome(from hormones);
- at premenstrual tension;
- at myasthenia gravis, myopathies, neurogenic muscle atrophy;
- in other cases, if secondary neuroticsymptoms as well muscle relaxants contraindicated.
Means are contraindicated:
- at allergies on its components;
- if the patient has a severe form depression;
- at psychoses and psychopathy, with severe psychomotor or aggression;
- at decompensated respiratory failure;
- during breastfeeding;
- in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- under the age of 18;
- with sleep apnea syndrome;
- upon admission tacrolimus, cyclosporine or sirolimus;
- with strong emotional stress, moderate fear, obsessive experiences.
The following adverse reactions to the drug may occur:
- strong psychomotor agitationaggression, irritability of the nervous system, headache, irritability, insomnia;
- cramps (sick epilepsy), confusion, irritability;
- nausea, lack of healthy appetite, gastralgia, flatulence, indigestion, constipation;
- dry mucous membranes, rarely - jaundice;
- oppression of the respiratory centers;
- muscle pain, severe muscle tension;
- allergyrashes and itching on the skin, exanthema.
Tofisopam, instructions for use (method and dosage)
As a rule, Tofisopam is taken orally. The dosage is prescribed by the doctor.
According to the instructions, the recommended daily dosage is 150 mg. The frequency of taking the drug is 3 times a day.
The course of treatment is determined by the attending physician, in accordance with the type of disease and its severity.
If you take more than 50-120 mg per kilogram of patient weight, a suppression of central nervous system functions may develop. The main symptoms of an overdose are vomiting, epileptic seizuresrespiratory depression comaconfusion.
As a therapy, if an overdose of tablets occurs: gastric lavage, intake enterosorbents, Mechanical ventilation if necessary, transfer the victim to Trendelenburg position, as a last resort - introduction dopamine, norepinephrine or flumazenil.
Tofisopam combination with metoclopramide and drugs that enhance intestinal motility, can accelerate the onset of the drug.
Ethanol, Barbiturates, Nicotine, funds from epilepsy (carbamazepine) able to weaken the effect of the drug.
Combination of medication with cyclosporine, tacrolimus and sirolimus.
Central nervous system suppressants in combination with tofisopam may increase the incidence of adverse reactions.
Ketoconazole and intraconazole may increase the plasma concentration of the drug.
The drug is able to reduce the effectiveness and content in the body digoxin and warfarin.
Terms of sale
Need a recipe.
Store the product at a temperature of 15 to 25 degrees, away from children.
The medicine may lead to attempts suicide or aggression. It should not be prescribed as mototherapy for psychosis, phobias, obsessive stateswith anxiety and severe depression.
The last dose is recommended to be made no later than 3-4 hours of the day.
If the patient has serious sleep disturbances or allergic reactions, then take the drug is not worth it. Atherosclerosis, myasthenia gravis and depersonalization are not direct contraindications to the use of the drug. However, with these diseases, enhanced monitoring of the patient's condition is recommended.
During pregnancy and lactation
You can not take the drug in the first trimester of pregnancy and while breastfeeding.
In the second and third trimesters, the use of the drug is possible, after consulting a doctor.
The reviews on the forums are mostly good. Most often, the medicine is prescribed as part of complex therapy. They write that this is a “time-tested, effective drug." To some, his action seemed "weak"; someone, after a sharp cessation of admission, developed withdrawal syndrome. Adverse reactions are quite rare or disappear after the first week of admission.
The actual price of Tofisopam is currently unknown.