One vial of Amikacin contains 1000, 500 or 250 mg amikacin sulfatein powder form.
Additional substances: disodium edetate, sodium hydrogen phosphatewater.
One Amikacin ampoule contains 250 mg in 1 ml of solution amikacin sulfate.
Amikacin release form
The powder for the manufacture of a solution intended for intravenous or intramuscular administration is always white or close to white, hygroscopic.
1000, 500 or 250 mg of such a powder in a 10 ml vial; 1, 5, 10 or 50 of these bottles in a pack of paper.
The solution (intravenous, intramuscular) is usually clear, straw-colored or colorless.
The form of release in tablets does not exist.
Bactericidal, bacteriostatic (depending on the dose administered).
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Amikacin (name in the recipe in Latin Amikacin) is semi-synthetic aminoglycoside (antibiotic) acting on a wide range of pathogens. Possesses bactericidal action. It penetrates quickly through the cell wall of the pathogen, firmly binds to the subunit of the 30S ribosome of the bacterial cell and inhibits protein biosynthesis.
Pronounced effect on gram-negative aerobic pathogens: Salmonella spp., Enterobacter spp., Escherichia coli, Klebsiella spp., Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Shigella spp., Serratia spp., Providencia stuartii.
Moderately active against gram-positive bacteria: Staphylococcus spp. (including resistant methylene-resistant strains), a number of strains Streptococcus spp.
Aerobic bacteria are insensitive to amikacin.
After intramuscular administration, it is actively absorbed in the full volume administered. Penetrates into all tissues and through histohematological barriers. Binding to blood proteins is up to 10%. Not subject to transformation. It is excreted through the kidneys unchanged. The elimination half-life approaches 3 hours.
Indications for use Amikacin is an infectious-inflammatory disease caused by gram-negative microorganisms (resistant to gentamicin, kanamycin or sisomycin) or simultaneously gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms:
- respiratory infections (pneumonia, empyema of the pleura, bronchitis, lung abscess);
- infectious endocarditis;
- brain infections (including meningitis);
- urinary tract infectionscystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis);
- abdominal infections (including peritonitis);
- infections of soft tissues, subcutaneous tissue and skin of a purulent nature (including infected ulcers, burns, pressure sores);
- infections of the hepatobiliary system;
- joint and bone infections (including osteomyelitis);
- infected wounds;
- infectious postoperative complications.
Severe kidney damage, pregnancy, inflammation of the auditory nerve, sensitization to drugs from the group aminoglycosides.
- Allergic reactions: fever, rash, itching, angioedema.
- Digestive system reactions: hyperbilirubinemiaactivation hepatic transaminases, nausea, vomiting.
- Reactions from the hematopoietic system: leukopenia, granulocytopenia, anemia, thrombocytopenia.
- Reactions from the nervous system: a change in neuromuscular transmission, drowsiness, headache, hearing loss (deafness is possible), disorders of the vestibular apparatus.
- From the genitourinary system: proteinuria, oliguria, microhematuriarenal failure.
Instructions for use Amikacin (Method and dosage)
Injections Amikacin instructions for use allows you to administer the drug intramuscularly or intravenously.
Such a dosage form as tablets for oral administration does not exist.
Before injection, it is necessary to perform an intradermal test for sensitivity to the drug, if there are no contraindications for its performance.
How and how to breed Amikacin? A solution of the drug is prepared before administration by introducing 2-3 ml of distilled water intended for injection into the contents of the vial. The solution is administered immediately after preparation.
Standard doses for adults and children from one month are 5 mg / kg three times a day or 7.5 mg / kg twice a day for 10 days.
The maximum daily dose for adults is 15 mg / kg, divided into two injections. In extremely severe cases and in diseases caused by Pseudomonas, the daily dose is divided into three administrations. The highest dose administered for the entire course of treatment should not be more than 15 grams.
Newborns are first prescribed 10 mg / kg, then moving to 7.5 mg / kg for 10 days.
The therapeutic effect usually occurs within 1-2 days, if after 3-5 days after the start of therapy the effect of the drug is not observed, it should be discontinued and treatment tactics changed.
Signs: ataxiahearing loss dizziness, thirst, urination disorders, vomiting, nausea, tinnitus, respiratory failure.
Treatment: for stopping neuro-muscular transmission disorders hemodialysis; salt calcium, anticholinesterase agents, Mechanical ventilationas well as symptomatic therapy.
Nephrotoxic effect is possible while using with vancomycin, amphotericin B, methoxyflurane,X-ray contrast agents, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, enflurane, cyclosporine, cephalotin, cisplatin, polymyxin.
Ototoxic effect is possible while using with ethacrylic acid, furosemide, cisplatin.
When combined with penicillins (with kidney damage) the antimicrobial effect decreases.
When sharing with neuromuscular blockers and ethyl ether the possibility of respiratory depression increases.
Amikacin is not allowed to be mixed in solution with cephalosporins, penicillins, amphotericin B, erythromycin, chlorothiazide, heparin, thiopentone, nitrofurantoin, tetracyclines, vitamins from group B, ascorbic acid and potassium chloride.
Terms of sale
Allowed the purchase of the drug only with a prescription.
- Store in a temperature range of 5-25 degrees.
- Store in a dark and dry place.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
Amikacin is used with caution in individuals with myasthenia or parkinsonismin elderly patients.
The possibility of developing nephrotoxic and ototoxic effects increases with the use of amikacin in large doses or in patients with a predisposition.
Amikacin analoguesMatches for ATX Level 4 code:Kanamycin
Analogs: Amikacin sulfate (powder for solution) Ambiotic (injection), Amikacin-Kredofarm (powder for solution) Loricacin (injection), Flexelite (injection).
Due to poor absorption of all aminoglycosides Amikacin analogues are not available from the intestines in tablets.
Children under 6 years of age are prescribed an initial dose of 10 mg / kg, then 7.5 mg / kg twice a day.
Premature infants are initially prescribed 10 mg / kg, then go to 7.5 mg / kg once a day; full-term newborns are also initially prescribed 10 mg / kg, and then proceed to the introduction of 7.5 mg / kg twice a day.
Alcohol and Amikacin are not a recommended combination.
In pregnancy (and lactation)
Pregnancy - strict contraindication for the administration of amikacin. Since Amikacin is excreted in breast milk in small quantities and is almost not absorbed from the intestine, its use in lactating women according to strict indications.
Reviews about Amikacin
Reviews about Amikacin indicate in most cases a rather high effectiveness of the drug. Many patients are concerned about the possibility of developing serious side effects and are afraid to use the drug, although such reports are quite rare.
Amikacin price, where to buy
The price of Amikacin ampoules (in / in, in / m solution of 250 mg No. 20) in Russia ranges from 126-215 rubles, the price of this form of release of the drug in Ukraine is 31 hryvnias. Recall that tablets as a form of release of Amikacin are not produced.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Amikacin powder vial d / pr solution 1g i / v / m63 rub.order
- Amikacin powder vial for solution 500mg v / m, v / v 38 rub.
- Amikacin powder vial for solution 500mg v / m, v / v 38 rub.
- Amikacin sulfate, 250mg / ml, 2ml No. 1 solution for injection AT Lekhim-Kharkiv, Ukraine35 UAH order
- Amikacin sulfate 250 mg / ml 4 ml No. 1 injection for AT Lekhim-Kharkiv, Ukraine59 UAH order
- Amikacin ampoule Amikacin sulfate solution d / in. 250mg / ml 2ml №1 Ukraine, Lekhim-Kharkov CJSC 38 UAH to order
- Amikacin ampoule Amikacin sulfate solution d / in. 250mg / ml 4ml №1 Ukraine, Lekhim-Kharkov CJSC 71 UAH to order
- Amikacin sulfate 500 mg No. 1 por.liof.d / in. flak.Sintez OAO (Russia) 205 tg.order