Meropenema trihydrate in terms of 0.5 g or 1 g meropenema. Excipient - anhydrous sodium carbonate.
Powder in a bottle.
Meropenem - beta-lactam antibiotic class of carbapenems. Having a high level of resistance to β-lactamases and a significant affinity for penicillin-binding proteins, the drug is also highly active and effective against strains producing β-lactamases and resistant to penicillin.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
It interacts with receptors (specific penicillin-binding proteins on the surface of the cell membrane), inhibits the synthesis of the peptidoglycan layer of the cell and causes release from the cell enzymes, which leads to damage and death of bacteria.
It has a post-antibiotic effect, which is proved in vitro and in vivo and has stability in sensitivity tests.
With intravenous administration, the bactericidal effect occurs within 0.5-1.5 hours after infusion. A slight biotransformation of the drug occurs in the liver. Excreted by the kidneys, mainly unchanged. The elimination half-life is 1 hour. In renal failure, the clearance of meropenem decreases and depends on the degree of creatinine clearance.
Indications for use of the drug
- urinary tract infections;
- gynecological infections;
- intraperitoneal infections;
- soft tissue infections;
Meropenem is used in the treatment of polymicrobial infections in the form of monotherapy or in combination treatment with other antimicrobial agents.
The drug is not prescribed:
- Children up to 3 months;
- At hypersensitivityto the drug.
- Nausea, vomiting, upset stool, abdominal pain, level up bilirubin blood pseudomembranous colitis;
- Thrombocytosis, eosinophilia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia;
- Insomniaanxiety irritability headache;
- Tachycardia or bradycardia, hypertensionor hypotensionwith syncopal conditions;
- Urinary system: dysuria, swelling;
- Local reactions in the area of intravenous administration: pain at the injection site, thrombophlebitis.
Instructions for use Meropenem (Method and dosage)
Meropenem administered bolus(intravenously jet) and infusion. The resulting clear, colorless solution must be shaken thoroughly before use.
For infusions, infusion fluids are used, with which the drug is compatible: sodium chloride solution, glucose, glucose solution with solution potassium chloridemannitol solution.
For gynecological infections, diseases of the soft tissues, urinary system and pneumonia, 500 mg iv after 8 hours is prescribed. For septicemia and peritonitis, 1 g iv every 8 hours is prescribed. In case of renal failure, the instructions for using Meropenem should be strictly observed. The dose of the drug decreases with creatinine clearance of 50 ml / min or less. Patients with liver failure do not need a dose adjustment.
For children from 3 months of age, the drug is prescribed in a dose of 10-20 mg / kg, and with meningitis, the dose increases to 40 mg / kg. With a child weighing more than 50 kg, doses are used as in adults.
An overdose of the drug is manifested by side effects, which are described above and more often occurs in patients with kidney disease and impaired function.
Concomitant use of the drug with nephrotoxic drugs requires special care. Probenecid competes with Meropenem regarding active tubular secretion, inhibiting renal excretion of the latter, increasing half-life and increasing its concentration in blood plasma. In this connection, the simultaneous use with Probenecid is not recommended.
For infusions, fluids with which the drug is compatible should be used.
Terms of sale
The drug is prescription.
It is stored at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. The prepared solution is immediately used, however, it remains stable at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C or when cooled to 4 ° C. The prepared solution should not be frozen.
Analogs of MeropenemMatches for ATX Level 4 code:InvanzMeronemChienam
Meronem, Alvopenem, Europen, Carbonhem, Macpenem, Mepenam. Analogs have one active substance and a form of release, but differ in cost.
Patients using this drug have good tolerance and high efficiency, especially with gynecological infections.
Price Meropenem, where to buy
The price of Meropenem depends on the dose of the drug and averages 300-500 rubles. In pharmacies in Moscow, you can often find an analog Meronem. The cost of one bottle of 0.5 g from 6100 to 8400 rubles., 1.0 g - from 15900 to 18285 rubles.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Meropenem-Lex. d / r in / in 1g 30ml n1Sanjivani Paranteral Limited / PROTEK-SVM426 rub.order
- Meropenem then. d / r in / in 500mg n1PAO Krasfarma919 rub.order
- Meropenem-LEXVM (p.d / r-ra in / in fl. 1g No. 1) 370 rubles to order
- Meropenem (port.d / r-ra in / in fl. 1d No. 1) 380 rub.order
- Meropenem-Vista 1000mg N10 powder 3700 UAH
- Meropenem-Vista 500 mg No. 10 powder 2500 UAH
- MEROPENEM vial Meropenem pore. d / in 1g №1 Ukraine, Lekhim-Kharkov CJSC 251 UAH to order