In 1 ampoule is 1 ml of a clear, colorless solution for injection, platyphyllin hydrotartrate (2 mg). As an auxiliary substance, distilled water for injection.
One tablet contains platyphyllin hydrotartrate weighing 0.005 g plus papaverine hydrochloride0.02 g. The list of excipients includes: potato starch, calcium stearate, sugar, talc.
A cardboard box contains 5, 10 ampoules.
A combination agent with papaverine is available in the form of white tablets - 10 pcs. in blister mesh packaging.
The drug has a sedative, antispasmodic, vasodilating (vasodilating) effect.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Flatyphylline is an international name (INN) that has been accepted for use in the UK (BAN). Platyphyllin is a pyrrolisidine alkaloid, which is found in plants of the genus Crusader (Senécio). The active substance of the drug is used as hydrotartrateLatin recipe for substance Platyphyllini hydrotartratisable to oppress cholinergic system, which transfers excitation from parasympathetic nerves to the organs-performers, thereby exerting a calming effect on the vasomotor center, blocks significantly weaker N-cholinergic receptors vegetative ganglia.
The drug has anticholinergic dose-dependent effectthat is, smaller doses inhibit the secretion of salivary and bronchial glands, sweating, accommodation of the eyes, causing pupil dilatation, increased heart rate, while large doses reduce the contractile activity of the digestive tract, including the biliary tract and gall bladder, in addition - the urinary tract and inhibits gastric secretion.
As for pharmacokinetics, Platifillin can easily pass through histohematological barriersincluding blood-brain, cell and synaptic membranes. The correct dosage and administration intervals do not induce the cumulation of the drug, however, the introduction of large doses causes its accumulation in the central nervous system in significant concentrations. It is metabolized in the liver and eliminated in the kidneys and intestines.
Indications for the use of Platifillin
- spasms of smooth muscles of internal organs (pylorospasmintestinal renal or biliary colic);
- at stomach ulcer and duodenum;
- cholecystitis or cholelithiasis;
- at acute pancreatitis or other chronic forms;
- at bronchial asthma or laryngospasm;
- at arterial hypertension, angina pectoris, spasms of cerebral arteries and angiotrophoneurosisas part of combination therapy.
For diagnostic purposes, platifillin is used for pupil dilationswhen researching fundus, in determining true eye refraction, acute inflammatory eye diseases, inflammation of the iris, keratitis and other eye injuries.
It is forbidden to use when glaucoma, coronary heart disease, thyrotoxicosis, heart, liver or kidney failure, as well as in the presence of hypersensitivity to Platifillin.
Dry mouth and thirstdifficulty urinating or urinary retention, paresis of accommodation (ciliary muscle of the eye), central nervous system agitation, dizzinessdilated pupils, headache, cramps, photophobia, acute psychosisfrom the cardiovascular system - tachycardia. Among other things, the appearance of lung atelectasis.
The likelihood of adverse reactions increases with high doses of Platifillin.
Instructions for use of Platifillin (Method and dosage)
It is necessary to apply parenterally (subcutaneously, intramuscularly), rectally, in ophthalmology - topically.
Injections of Platifillin, instructions for use
Apply 2-4 mg 3 times a day. The maximum allowable single dose is not more than 10 mg, while the daily dose is 30 mg. The dose is determined depending on the indications, route of administration and age of the patient.
Platyphyllinum with pancreatitis appoint 1-2 ml subcutaneously for 12 hours during a period of intense pain to reduce spasm of the smooth muscle of the gland.
Platifillin tablets, instructions for use
Take orally 1 tablet 2 or 3 times a day.
Paralytic ileus, urinary retention, accommodation paralysis, increased eye pressure, dry mucous membranes of the mouth, nose and throat, which can cause difficulty in swallowing, mydriasisuntil the iris disappears completely, tremor, cramps, hyperthermia, excitation of the central nervous system with subsequent oppression of it, as well as the respiratory and vasomotor centers.
As a treatment used forced diuresisenter inhibitors holistenasessuch as Physostigmine, Galantamine or Prozerinthat can weaken intestinal paresis and reduce tachycardia.
In cases of moderate arousal and seizures of weak strength, it is best to administer Magnesium sulfatehowever, in severe cases - sodium oxybutyratecarry out oxygen therapyand mechanical ventilation.
If tachycardia threatens the life of the patient, then apply quinidine sulfate, Propranolol.
Indications for the use of Platifillin should take into account the presence of diseases that require the regular use of other medical devices. With simultaneous use with the following substances, reactions may occur:
- Haloperidol - in patients with schizophrenia antipsychotic effect may decrease.
- Prozerin - Platifillin is its antagonist.
- Phenobarbital, etaminal sodium, magnesium sulfate - an increase in the duration of sleeping pills.
- Other m-anticholinergics and drugs with m-anticholinergic activity (e.g. Amantadine, Phenothiazinetricyclic antidepressants, some antihistamines) - an increase in the likelihood of adverse reactions.
- Morphine- strengthening the inhibitory effect of Platifillin on the cardiovascular system.
- MAO inhibitors - positive chronotropic (increased heart rate) and batmotropic effect (increased excitability of the heart).
- Cardiac Glycosides - positive batmotropic effect.
- Analgesics, sedatives and anxiolytics are able to enhance the action of Platifillin for pain, as a result of a smooth muscle spasm.
- Antihypertensives / sedatives enhance the action of Platifillin with vascular spasms.
Terms of sale
A solution of Platifillin and tablets of Platifillin with papaverine are prescription.
In a place protected from light rays, preferably in tightly closed original packaging, at a temperature of not more than 30 ° Celsius.
Ampoules can be stored in intact packaging for five years, tablets for three years.
It is recommended to refrain from hazardous activities, such as driving vehicles and controlling other mechanisms that require a high speed of psychomotor reactions and increased attention.
It is recommended to use with caution if in children chronic lung diseases, since a decrease in bronchial secretion can cause a thickening of the secretion and the formation of plugs in the bronchi.
Children with brain injuries are at risk (the drug may enhance the effects of the disease), in addition, children with Down syndrome(there is a chance of unusual dilated pupils and increased heart rate), cerebral palsy (more pronounced reaction to anticholinergic effects). It is not recommended to give Platifillin injections to children under 15 years of age.
During pregnancy and lactation
Safety Information for the Use of Platifillin in of pregnancy or during lactation (breastfeeding) is currently absent. It must be borne in mind that the expected benefit to the mother should significantly exceed the possible risks to the fetus or child.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:DisflatilAprofenSpasmolCuplatonEspumisanEspumisan BabyEspumisan LEspumisan 40No-spaDrotaverine HydrochlorideBobotikDill waterPepsan-RSub SimplexSpasmomenMeverinMetacinNiaspamInfacolPapaverine
Reviews about Platyphylline
Reviews confirm the effectiveness of the drug, but the application requires great care, because Platifillin affects smooth muscles, the tension and relaxation of which a person can not control - just feel the effects of its atony or increased tone. It is necessary to supervise a competent specialist who can correctly regulate interference in this area without causing great harm to health.
Platifillin's price, where to buy
Price ampoules (for 10 pieces in a box) an average of 50 rubles., price tablets of platifillin with papaverine slightly higher - 140-180 rubles. (the package contains 10 tablets).
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Platifillina hydrotartrate solution s / c 2mg / ml 1ml No. 10 DalchimpharmOAO Dalkhimfarm79 rub.order
- Platifillin with papaverine (tab. No. 10) 123 rub.order
- Platifillina g / t (amp. 0.2% 1ml №10 (5x2)) 74 rub. Order
- Platifillina g / t (amp. 0.2% 1ml №10) 70 rub. Order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Platifillin solution for subcutaneous administration of 0.2% 1 ml n10 ampOAO "Dalkhimpharm" 76 rub. Order
- Platifillin 0.2% 1 ml No. 10 solution 50 UAH order
- Platifillin ampoule Platifillina g / t rr d / in. 0.2% amp 1ml №10 Ukraine, Health LLC 47 UAH order
- Platifillin ampoule Platifillina g / t rr d / in. 0.2% amp 1ml №10 Ukraine, Darnitsa PrJSC 55 UAH order
- Platifillina hydrotartrate 2 mg / ml No. 10 solution for sc administration in amp. Novosibkhimpharm OJSC (Russia) 710 tenge
- Platifillina hydrotartrate 0.2% / ml No. 10 solution for in. amp. Hympharm (Kazakhstan) 420 tg.