One tablet contains 100 milligrams. prenoxdiazine hydrochloride.
As auxiliary components, lactose monohydrate, corn starch, povidone, talc, magnesium stearate and glycerol.
Available in the form of rounded white tablets. 20 pieces per blister.
This drug is antitussive, in its effectiveness is equal to codeine. It does not cause addiction and does not inhibit the processes of respiration.
It has bronchodilatorand local anesthetic actionsdue to which it blocks the peripheral links of the reflex coughing.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The drug is almost completely and quickly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, binds to plasma proteins by 57 percent. Maximum content in blood achieved half an hour after taking the pill, and the therapeutic concentration is maintained for 7 hours.
The half-life is 2.5 hours. It is mainly metabolized in the liver.
Indications for use
What are Libexin tablets from? This drug is used for:
- pleural surgery;
- pulmonary infarction;
- exudative and dry pleurite;
- bronchial asthma;
- chronic and acute bronchitis;
- any unproductive coughing;
- coughing at night in patients with heart failure.
This medicine should not be taken with:
- copious secretions in the airways;
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- intolerance galactose;
- condition after inhalation anesthesia.
The following side effects are rarely possible:
- propensity for constipation;
- pain in the stomach;
- anesthesia of the oral mucosa;
- sensation dry throat or mouth.
When taking high doses of the drug, fatigue and mild sedation may occur.
Libexin tablets, instructions for use (method and dosage)
According to the instructions for use of Libexin, adults are recommended to take 100 milligrams of the drug from three to four times a day, in some severe cases - 200 milligrams of the drug three to four times a day.
Children, depending on age, must be given up to 50 milligrams of gram three times a day. The tablet must be swallowed without chewing.
Data on an overdose of the drug are not available.
These tablets can not be taken simultaneously with expectorantand mucolytic agents, as this may cause difficulty in sputum production.
Terms of sale
You can buy pills without a prescription.
Store the medicine in a place inaccessible to children at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees.
The shelf life of the tablets is five years.
Libexin during pregnancy
At pregnancy taking the drug can only be prescribed by a doctor, subject to dynamic observation.
Analogs of LibexinMatches for ATX Level 4 code:OmnitusCodelac NeoSynecode
The analogue of Libexin is Glauvent.
Reviews about Libexin
Reviews of Libexin indicate a low effectiveness of the drug, but there are still positive comments about this drug.
Libexin price, where to buy
The price of Libexin in Russia is an average of 340 rubles. In Ukraine, the drug can be purchased on average for 45 hryvnia.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Libexin Muco syrup for children. 2% 125mlUnitor Liquid Manufacturing / A.Nattermann & Sie466 rub.order
- Libexin muco syrup 5% 125ml Unit Liquid Manufacturing / A. Nuttermann & Sie. GmbH520 rub.order
- Libexin tab. 100mg n20Chinoin445 rub. Order
- Libexin Muko (syrup for adult vap. 5% 125ml) 493 rub.
- Libexin (tab.100mg No. 20) 509 rub.order
- Libexin Muko (syrup for children, det. 2% 125ml) 401 rub.
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Libexin Muco Syrup 2% 125 ml Unit Liquid Manufacturing / A.Nattermann499 rub.order
- Libexin Muco Syrup 5% 125 ml Sanofi-Aventis France / A. Natterm560 RUB to order
- Libexin 100 mg n20 tabHinoin ZFH products ZAO560 rub.order
- Libexin tablets Libexin tablets 100mg No. 20 Hungary, Chinoin 68 UAH to order
- Libexin 100 mg No. 20 tablets Chinoin (Hungary) 1 tg.