The tablets contain the active substance - metformin hydrochloride500, 850, 1000 mg each.
Additional ingredients: povidone and magnesium stearate.
The film membrane consists of hypromellose, and in 1000 mg tablets also from Opadry Kli, macrogol 400 and 8000.
The medicine is available in tablets, coated with a white film membrane. At the same time, tablets of 500 and 850 mg are round, and 1000 mg are oval. A preparation of 20 pcs is proposed. in a cell, 3 cells in a pack.
Tablets have hypoglycemiceffect.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
This drug can reduce hyperglycemiawithout causing development hypoglycemia. It does not stimulate secretion insulinhypoglycemic effect is not manifested in healthy people.
Increased sensitivity of peripheral receptors to insulin and disposal glucose cells. Liver glucose production is reduced by inhibiting glycogenolysis and gluconeogenesis. The drug inhibits the absorption of glucose in the digestive tract.
For Metformin characteristic stimulation of glycogen synthesis, effect on glycogen synthetase. The transport capacity of various types of membrane glucose transporters is increasing. Also, the drug has a beneficial effect on lipid metabolism: reducing the content of total cholesterol, TG and LDL. During the use of metformin, patients maintain a stable weight or moderately decrease.
As a result of ingestion, a full absorption of the active substance from the gastrointestinal tract is noted. Eating food can reduce and delay this process. Moreover, the absolute bioavailability of metformin is 50-60%. The maximum concentration of the component in the plasma is detected after 2.5 hours.
In the body metformin It is rapidly distributed in tissues, practically without binding to plasma proteins. The drug undergoes a slight metabolism. Excretion occurs with the help of the kidneys.
Indications for use of the drug
The main indications for the use of the drug are:
- treatment diabetes mellitus 2 types in case of diet failure;
- combination therapy with insulin in the presence of a pronounced degree of obesity, which is accompanied by secondary insulin resistance.
Glucophage is not recommended for:
- diabetic ketoacidosis, precom and coma;
- impaired renal and hepatic function;
- various diseases in acute form;
- injuries and surgeries;
- chronic alcoholism, severe alcohol poisoning;
- lactation, pregnancy;
- lactic acidosis;
- a period of 2 days before and after radioisotope or x-ray studies involving the introduction of an iodine-containing contrast medium;
- adherence to a hypocaloric diet;
- sensitivity or intolerance to the drug.
You should also refrain from using the medicine for patients over the age of 60 and engaged in hard physical work with a high risk of developing lactic acidosis.
When treating with this drug, side effects may develop in the form of disorders in the digestive system, for example: nausea, vomiting, a taste of metal, loss of appetite, diarrhea, flatulence and so on. Typically, these symptoms occur at the beginning of therapy and subsequently disappear on their own.
Also, deviations in the metabolism in the form of lactic acidosisrequiring withdrawal of treatment. Prolonged use of glucophage may cause hypovitaminosis B12. In addition, the likelihood of developing megaloblastic anemia and skin rash remains.
Glucophage tablets, instructions for use (Method and dosage)
According to the instructions for glucophage, the dosage of the drug is selected individually and depends on the glucose value in the blood.
In this case, the instructions for use Glucofage 1000 mg, Glucophage 850 and 500 mg at the beginning of treatment recommends taking a daily dose of 500-1000 mg. After 10-15 days of therapy, a gradual increase in dose is allowed, given the level of glycemia. The average daily maintenance dose is 1.5-2 g, but not higher than 3 g. In order to reduce side effects associated with the digestive tract, the daily dose is divided into 2-3 doses.
These tablets are recommended to be taken at the same time or immediately after a meal as a whole. The duration of therapy is selected individually. Taking this drug for weight loss, specialist supervision is necessary.
During the administration of the drug Glucofage, 850 mg cases of overdose were not noted. However, the development of lactic acidosis is possible. The early symptoms of this disorder are characterized by: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, pain in the muscles and abdomen, fever and so on. Complicated cases may be accompanied rapid breathing, dizziness, impaired consciousness and development of coma.
If lactic acidosis occurs, you should immediately stop taking Glucofage, in a hospital, find out the concentration of lactate, which will clarify the diagnosis. In the future, it is possible to use hemodialysis, which allows you to remove lactate and drug components from the body. Then symptomatic therapy is performed.
The simultaneous use of this drug and danazole may lead to the development of hyperglycemic action. If necessary, such a combination requires dosage adjustment and glycemic control.
High dose chlorpromazine increases glycemia by decreasing insulin release. Any hormonal drugs reduce glucose tolerance, increasing glycemia, can cause ketosis.
The combination with "loop" diuretics retains the risk of lactic acidosis due to functional renal failure.
Stimulants of β2-adrenergic receptors are able to increase the glucose content in the blood. In this case, glycemic control is necessary, insulin may be prescribed. The combination of glucophage and derivatives sulfonylureas, insulin, acarbose, salicylates increase hypoglycemic effect.
Terms of sale
The medicine is dispensed strictly according to the prescription.
A dark, cool place inaccessible to children is intended for storage of tablets.
Shelf life Glucofage 500 and 850 mg is 5 years, Glucofage 1000 mg can be stored for 3 years.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:BagometDiaforminMetforminFormethineGlyforminGlucophage LongSiofor
The main analogues are represented by drugs: Bagomet, Glycon, Glyformin, Glyminfor, Langerine, Metospanin, Metadiene, Metformin, Siafor and others.
Glucophage and alcohol
It has been established that alcohol can cause the development of lactic acidosis in acute alcohol intoxication. Exacerbate the situation may be the presence of liver failure, starvation or following a low-calorie diet. Therefore, in this period it is necessary to refrain from combinations with ethanol.
Glucophage for weight loss
It should be noted that this drug is very popular among losing weight people. However, reviews of doctors report that this method of dealing with excess weight is very dangerous and can cause serious complications. However, this method is discussed at various forums where users are interested in how to take Glucophage for weight loss.
At the same time, some people recommend taking Glucofage 500 mg, explaining that such a dosage will be enough to "start metabolic processes." Others, on the contrary, advise Glucofage 850 mg, since a higher dosage "will only speed up the process."
Interestingly, weight loss reviews using this drug do not contain a description of specific results. But at the same time, there are reports of a deterioration in overall well-being, the development of abdominal pain, nausea, and even vomiting. Therefore, experts advise starting to monitor their nutrition, which should be complete. It is necessary to exclude sweet, flour and fat from the diet and increase physical activity.
In most cases, discussions of this drug are associated with its use for weight loss. At the same time, some reviews of those losing weight about Glucofage report that the doctor recommended this method to them, since diets and physical activity did not help eliminate excess weight. Other users are interested in how to take this medicine to quickly lose weight. In addition, one can find stories of patients who took these pills in order to restore reproductive function.
However, the use of the drug for such purposes is far from always effective. Moreover, both the reviews of doctors and patients contain information about the development of serious pathologies against the background of such experiments.
Reviews of Glucofage for weight loss also do not describe specific results. Although patients who take the medicine with diabetes, note its effectiveness and a gradual decrease in body weight.
Glucophage price, where to buy
Price Glucofage 1000 mg varies in the range of 300-350 rubles.
The price of Glucofage 850 mg is from 205 rubles.
You can buy 500 mg tablets for 170-200 rubles.
The medicine Glucofage, designed specifically for weight loss, is not available.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Glucofage tab. p.p.o. 500mg n30Merk Sante SAAS / LLC Nanolek107 rub.order
- Glucophage long tab.prolong. 750mg n60Merk Sante SAAS / LLC Nanolek485 rub.order
- Glucofage tab. p.p.o. 1000mg n30Merk Sante SAAS / LLC Nanolek157 rub.order
- Glucophage long tab. with prolong. 1000mg release No. 30OOO Nanolek336 rub.order
- Glucophage long tab. prolong. valid 500 mg No. 30OOO Nanolek 281 rub.order
- Glyukofazh (tab.pl./ab.1000mg No. 60) 296 rubles to order
- Glucophage long (tabret. 750mg No. 60) 510 rubles. Order
- Glucofage (tab.pl./pl. 850 mg No. 60) 203 rub.
- Glyukofazh long (tab.pl./pl. 1g No. 60) 695 rubles to order
- Glucophage long (tab. Ret. 500mg No. 60) 417 rubles to order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Glucophage 500 mg No. 60 tablets Nanolek 173 rub.order
- Glucophage long 500 mg No. 30 tabNanolek OOO266 rub.order
- Glucophage 1000 mg No. 60 tabNanolek OOO330 rub.order
- Glucophage long 500 mg No. 60 tabOOO "Nanolek" 479 rub. Order
- Glucophage 500 mg n30 tabl Merk Sante SAAS / LLC Nanolek 117 rub.order
- Glucophage 500 mg N30 tablets Merck Sante SAA, France / Merk, SL, Spain67 UAH order
- Glucophage 500 mg N60 tablets Merck Sante SAA, France / Merk, SL, Spain127 UAH order
- Glucophage XR 500 mg N60 sustained-release tablets Merck Sante, Francia 270 UAH order
- Glucophage 1000 mg N60 tablets Merck Sante SAA, France / Merk, SL, Spain 255 UAH order
- Glucophage 850 mg No. 30 tablets Merck Sante SAA, France / Merk, SL, Spain 96 UAH order
- Glucofage tab. PO 1000mg No. 30 France, Merck Sante 130 UAH
- Glucophage tablets 500mg No. 30 Australia, Nycomed 80 UAH order
- Glucophage XR tablet prol. deyst. 500mg No. 60 France, Merck Sante 261 UAH order
- Glucophage tablets coated with 850mg No. 30 France, Merck Sante 90 UAH order
- Glucophage tablets coated 1000mg No. 60 France, Merck Sante 255 UAH order
- Glucophage 500 mg No. 60 tablets of Merck Santé SAA, France / Merck S.L. (Spain) 1 tg.order
- Glucofage® XR 500 mg No. 30 tabl.Prolong. Merck Santes SAAS, France for Nycomed Austria GmbH (France) 1 tg. Order
- Glucophage 1000 mg No. 60 tablets of Merck Santé SAA, France / Merck S.L. (Spain) 3 tg.order
- Glucophage 850 mg No. 60 tablets of Merck Santes SAA, France / Merck S.L. (Spain) 2 tg.order