Pantocalcin contains 250 milligrams per tablet. calcium hopantenate.
As excipients, potato starch, calcium stearate, magnesium hydroxycarbonate are used.
The drug is available in the form of tablets of 10 pieces in blister packs, 5 packs in a pack of cardboard and 50 pieces in a plastic jar.
Pantocalcin is nootropic drugIts exposure spectrum is associated with the presence of GABA in the structure. It has neurotrophic, neuroprotective and neurometabolicproperties. Inhibits acetylation reactionsthat are present in inactivation mechanisms sulfonamides and novocaine (procaine)due to which prolongation of their effect is achieved. It causes detrusor tone and inhibition of a pathologically increased cystic reflex.
Shows analgesic effectnormalizes the content of GABA when alcohol intoxication chronic in nature, and also increases physical and mental performance. It has anticonvulsant properties.
The drug stimulates anabolic processes in neurons, increases the resistance of the brain to effects toxins and to hypoxia.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Pantocalcin is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. The maximum content of active substance in blood plasma observed after one hour. The highest concentration of the drug is created in the skin, stomach wall, kidneys and liver. Not metabolized. It is displayed within 48 hours unchanged.
Indications for use
For adults, the drug is used for:
- memory impairment, impaired concentration, decreased performance due to chronic stress, increased psycho-emotional and physical stress;
- complex treatment epilepsy, including one that is accompanied by inhibition of mental processes;
- urination disorder of neurogenic origin, including with pollakiuriaday and night incontinence;
- complex therapy senile dementia;
- diseases of the nervous system that are accompanied by pain (cervical osteochondrosis) and neuralgia trigeminal nerve;
- treatment of the consequences head injury;
- comprehensive treatment of the consequences neuroinfection and encephalitis;
- complex treatment of cerebrovascular insufficiency arising from atherosclerotic changes in cerebral vessels;
- combination therapy schizophrenia;
- akinetic and hyperkinetic antipsychotic syndrome;
- organic brain lesions, accompanied by impaired cognitive functions.
Pantocalcin for children is used for:
- various forms of cerebral palsy;
- complex therapy epilepsy;
- clonic form stuttering;
- hyperactivity syndrome, trembling limbs and crampswhich are accompanied by a deficit of attention;
- cerebrosthenic syndrome (oligophrenia);
- perinatal encephalopathy;
- mental retardation.
The drug can not be used during the first trimester of pregnancy, severe renal impairment and individual sensitivity to drug components or derivatives of hopantenic acid.
As a rule, this drug is well tolerated. In some cases, there may be allergic reactions (allergic rhinitis, hives or itchy skin).
In extremely rare cases, they may develop noise in ears, headache and drowsiness.
Pantocalcin, instructions for use (Method and dosage)
In adults with epilepsy and hyperkinesis the drug is prescribed for 1500-3000 milligrams per day for from one to five months. The total duration of treatment is one year.
With increased psycho-emotional, intellectual and physical stress, 250 milligrams is prescribed three times a day.
In case of a malfunction of the brain due to a brain injury or neuroinfection, 250 grams are prescribed three times a day.
In the treatment schizophrenia 500 milligrams are prescribed three times a day for one to three months. In case of urination disorders, 2 grams per day are prescribed for two weeks to several months.
Instructions for use Pantocalcin in children
If urination is impaired, children are prescribed from 250 to 500 milligrams per day for two weeks to several months.
At epilepsy and hyperkinesis 250 to 500 milligrams are prescribed three to five times a day for one to four months. Epilepsy is treated for a year.
With a delay in speech and mental development and cerebrosthenic syndrome, 0.5 grams are prescribed three to six times a day for two to four months.
In acute overdose, there may be an increase in side effects. Gastric lavage, symptomatic treatment and administration of enterosorbents are necessary.
The effect of pantocalcin is enhanced in combination with xidiphone and Glycine. The drug prevents side effects of antipsychotics, carbamazepine and phenobarbital, and also prolongs the effect of barbiturates and enhances the effect of local anestheticsanticonvulsants and central nervous system stimulants.
Terms of sale
The drug can be purchased only with a prescription.
The drug must be stored in a dark place in a dry place at a temperature of up to 25 degrees.
Pantocalcin can be stored for up to three years.
Analogs of PantocalcinMatches for ATX Level 4 code:BravintonAcefenKarnitsetinPiracezinNooclerinSemaxPiracetamAminalonOlatropilFezamVinpocetineCerebrocurinCavinton ForteCalcium HopantenateCefabolCerebrolysatePramistarSydnocarbWinpotropilGlycine ozone
Analogues of Pantocalcin are:
- Calcium Hopantenate.
Reviews of Pantocalcin for children suggest that the drug is excellent in delaying speech development in children. Also, the reviews of parents confirm that the drug improves the brain in a child and does not have significant side effects.
Adults indicate the effectiveness of the drug also for infants. It can be summarized that the reviews about Pantocalcin for children are very positive.
Pantocalcin price, where to buy
The price of Pantocalcin tablets in Russia is on average 350 rubles (50 units, 250 milligrams). And the price of Pantocalcin in Ukraine is approximately 300 hryvnias. For children, it is best to choose Pantocalcin for 250 milligrams of the active substance in a tablet.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Pantocalcin tab. 250mg n50AO Valenta Pharmaceuticals413 rub.order
- Pantocalcin tab. 500mg n50AO Valenta Pharmaceuticals 636 rub.order
- Pantocalcin (tab. 500 mg No. 50) 623 rub.
- Pantocalcin (tab. 250mg No. 50 (blisters)) 409 rub.order
- Pantocalcin (tab. 250mg No. 50 (can)) 418 rubles to order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Pantocalcin 250 mg n50 tabletsValenta Pharmaceuticals OJSC490 rub.order
- Pantocalcin 500 mg No. 50 tablets of Valenta Pharmaceuticals 840 rub. Order
- Pantocalcin 250 mg No. 50 tablets.Valenta Pharmaceuticals OJSC (Russia) 3 tg.order