The composition of one gram of the product includes 1.37 mg timolol maleate - this corresponds to 1 mg timolol. Also included are auxiliary elements: carbomer, polyvinyl alcohol, benzalkonium chloride, lysine monohydrate, sodium acetate trihydrate, water, sorbitol.
Oftan Timogel is released in the form of a gel. The gel is odorless and colorless, capable of opalescence. In cardboard packs polyethylene bottles of 5 grams.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The active substance of the drug Oftan Timogel is non-selective beta blocker. Has the ability to reduce intraocular pressure, by reducing the intensity of the production of aqueous humor.
Anti-glaucoma drug affects the process of outflow of fluid inside the eye. Also, the drug has a mild anesthetic effect, does not affect accommodationand the size of the pupils. Visual impairment or night blindness during use is not observed. The mechanism of action of the active component is not yet fully understood.
The effect of the drug develops within a few hours after instillation, lasts 24 hours.
The drug can enter the systemic circulation through small vessels conjunctiva, lacrimal tract or nasal mucosa. Rarely, an hour and a half after use, the drug can be found in serum. It should be noted that timololit is excreted in breast milk and is found in a slight concentration in the urine for a long period after administration.
Indications for use
Oftan Timogel appoint:
- with increased intraocular pressure;
- for treatment open angle glaucoma;
- at uveal, post-traumatic, aphakic glaucoma.
The medicine is contraindicated:
- at dystrophic diseases of the cornea eyes;
- at cardiac arrhythmias;
- at bradycardia;
- people suffering bronchial asthma;
- in chronic obstructive bronchitis from bronchospasm;
- at AV blockade second and third degree;
- at cardiogenic shock;
- persons prone to allergic reactions on the components of the product or timolol maleate.
Caution should be exercised:
- at pulmonary failure;
- under the age of 12;
- in severe cerebrovascular insufficiency;
- sick diabetes;
- at thyrotoxicosis, hypoglycemia, myasthenia gravis;
- combining medicine with others beta blockers;
- in chronic heart failure.
The most common local reactions:
- discomfort in the eyes;
- pain and burning immediately after applying the gel;
- conjunctival hyperemia.
Rarely may occur:
- problems with clarity of vision (pass after 3 minutes);
- special sensitivity to light, lacrimation;
- edema epithelial tissue on the cornea;
- hyperemia of the eyelids;
- conjunctivitis, ptosis, blepharitis, keratitis;
- the appearance of more persistent visual impairment (refraction disorder, diplopiasurface spot keratopathy);
- dry eye syndrome.
The following adverse reactions can occur if the drug enters the systemic circulation.
- decline blood pressure, bradycardia, heart failure, arrhythmiacardiac arrest;
- bronchospasm, dyspneacoughing;
- faintingcerebrovascular accident, Raynaud's syndrome;
- myasthenia gravis, asthenia, headache, depression, sleep disturbancesnightmares at night, decreased ability to remember, paresthesia;
- insufficient blood circulation in the arms and legs and a feeling of cold in the limbs;
- hives, erythema, psoriasis on skin, other skin allergic reactions;
- nausea, diarrhea, dry mucous membranes, indigestion;
- asthenia, Peyronie's diseasedecrease libido, systemic lupus erythematosusfatigue erectile dysfunction.
Instructions for use Oftan Timogel (method and dosage)
According to the instructions, one drop of gel is prescribed once a day.
If there is a need to use other drugs, the interval between the drugs should be at least 5 minutes. Drops for the eyes should preferably be used before applying the gel.
The course of treatment is determined by the attending physician.
The likelihood of an overdose with proper use is extremely small.
In case of an overdose, the following will be observed: angina pectoris, bronchospasm, bradycardiadecrease blood pressure, AV block.
Treatment - gastric lavage (if the gel got into the digestive tract). Hemodialysis ineffective.
Symptomatic therapy is also indicated: introduction atropine sulfate, isoprenalineinstalling an artificial pacemaker, dopamine, norepinephrine, dobutamine, glucagon, aminophylline.
If acute heart failure occurs, then use diureticsoxygen preparations digitalis, aminophylline, glucagon.
With caution, combine the medicine with nifedipinedrugs digitalis, verapamine, clonidine, diltiazem, lidocaine (intramuscularly) and radiopaque preparationscontaining iodine.
When combined with reserpine (with sympathomimetics), an increase in unwanted adverse reactions is possible.
The drug itself does not affect the size of the pupils, however, if combined with sympathomimetics (eg, epinephrine) it is observed mydriasis.
Caution should be exercised when combining medication with systemic beta-blockers, since a strong decline is possible intraocular pressure.
During treatment, one should refrain from taking alcohol and drugs containing ethanol.
Antipsychotics and antipsychotic drugs when combined with the drug can cause a sharp decrease blood pressure.
Strong decline blood pressureviolation of cardiac conduction, left ventricular failure- adverse reactions that occur when the drug is combined with calcium heat blockers. Particular care should be taken if calcium channel blockers are administered intramuscularly.
Antiarrhythmic Class 1 and 3 drugs when combined with beta blockers can slow down conduction in atriareinforce negative inotropic effect.
Patients who suffer diabetes (accept insulin and oral hypoglycemic agents) you need to remember that beta blockers may mask symptoms hypoglycemiasuch as rapid heartbeat and tachycardia.
When combined Oftan Timogel with cimetidineplasma content timolol can rise significantly.
Terms of sale
In order to purchase the medicine, a prescription is required.
Keep the drug away from children. The temperature regime is not higher than 25 degrees, the medicine can not be frozen.
After opening the bottle, it must be stored upside down in a cardboard box.
A year and six months.
After opening the medicine can be stored for a month.
At angle-closure glaucoma it is recommended to combine the medicine with myotics.
If any dermatological reactions appear during treatment, the drug should be stopped and consult your doctor.
In patients suffering heart failure you need to carefully monitor the work and condition of the heart muscle during treatment with the drug.
Due to the characteristic side effects, driving a car or performing high-precision operations that require a special concentration of attention or reaction speed is not recommended.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:ArutimolCosoptBetaxololAzargaOftan TimololTimololBetoptic
Timolol, Arutimol, Kuzimolol, Glaumol, Okamed, Oftimol, Timolol Maleate, Arutimol.
During pregnancy and lactation
Taking the drug by pregnant women is possible only after consulting a specialist.
When breastfeeding, due to the fact that the medicine passes into milk, breastfeeding should be stopped.
There are very few reviews about the drug. Of those that are, all are positive.
You can buy medicine for 235 rubles per bottle.
Where to buy Oftan Timogel? You can buy the drug at any online pharmacy.