1 ml drops contain: 1 mg dexamethasone + auxiliary elements (boric acid, disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride, sodium tetraborate, water).
The medicine is released in 5 ml bottles of polyethylene. The drug is a clear liquid, without color and odor. In a cardboard bundle one bottle.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
The active substance is glucocorticosteroid. Its anti-inflammatory activity is due to the ability to inhibit vital activity adhesive molecules endothelium, cyclooxygenase 1or 2 and highlight cytokines. As a result, the formation intensity decreases inflammatory mediatorsis depressed adhesion white blood cells to vascular endothelium, neurotransmitters cannot penetrate the inflamed areas of the eye.
Pharmacokinetic parameters, in particular the maximum concentration and the period of excretion from the body, were observed in patients undergoing surgery to remove cataracts. In this case, the maximum concentration of the drug was achieved within 2 hours, and the elimination period was 3 hours.
Dexamethasone metabolized in the body. About 60% of the metabolites are excreted through the kidneys within 3-4 hours. Bioavailability is 70%, the degree of binding of the active substance to proteins in the blood is up to 80%.
Indications for use
Oftan dexamethasone eye drops are prescribed:
- for the treatment of acute and chronic inflammation of the eye (keratitis, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, scleritis, keratoconjunctivitis, episiscleritis);
- at uveitis of various origin shave, iridocyclitis;
- with superficial injuries cornea of various origin;
- at sympathetic ophthalmia, choroiditis, chorioretinitis;
- for treatment ketoconjunctivitis or allergic conjunctivitis;
- as a prevention and treatment of inflammation after surgery and injuries.
The drug is not prescribed:
- children and adolescents;
- at allergies on any of its components;
- at tuberculosis eyes;
- at keratitiscaused by a virus (e.g. herpes);
- for the treatment of other diseases cornea or conjunctivaviral nature;
- if damaged epithelium cornea, including after removing a foreign body from it;
- during acute purulent diseases of the eye;
- with fungal or mycobacterial eye diseases;
- at corneal epithelium;
- if the patient has an increased intraocular pressure;
- at glaucoma.
Benzalkonium chloride may cause eye irritation and may be allergen.
A burning sensation or an allergic reaction may be observed immediately after instillation.
- secondary development glaucoma or cataracts (caused by reception steroids);
- the appearance of ulcers, clouding or thinning of the cornea;
- occurrence in the eye (or spread) herpes or bacterial infection.
Instructions for use (method and dosage)
Take the medicine subconjunctival.
Shake well before use.
Dosage and duration of treatment should be determined by the attending physician.
According to the instructions for Oftan, Dexamethasone during the acute period is prescribed 1-2 drops in the affected eye (s), every half hour or hour, then the drug is taken in 1-2 drops every 2-4 hours. The dosage can be reduced to 1 drop, 3-4 times a day.
If no improvement occurs within 3-4 days, the diagnosis should be reviewed or the drug replaced.
During treatment should be monitored intraocular pressure.
Daily dosage adjustment for patients with liver or kidney disease due to low systemic absorption of the drug is not required.
With the correct (local) use of the drug, the probability of an overdose is extremely small.
In very rare cases, eye irritation may occur.
In case of an overdose, rinse the eye with running water. Specific antidote the medicine does not have, symptomatic therapy. If symptoms recur, the drug must be discontinued.
Due to the fact that the drug is able to induce isoenzyme CYP3A4, care must be taken when combining the drug with BKK, erythromycin and quinidine.
The tool can enhance the action warfarin, phenytoin and barbiturates.
When taking other eye drops or ointments, you should take a 15-minute break between applications.
Terms of sale
In a place protected from unwanted children, at a temperature of 2 to 8 degrees.
2 years. After the first use (opening) - 30 days.
The drug is intended only for ophthalmicuse.
Corticosteroidsnot recommended for more than 2 weeks, increased risk of increased intraocular pressuredevelopment glaucoma (with damage to the optic nerve), loss of visual acuity. Damage to the surface of the cornea slows down more slowly, and the likelihood of developing viral or bacterial, fungal diseases increases.
During treatment, do not wear contact lenses. At the very least, they must be removed before and put on 15 minutes after instilling the product in the eyes.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:DexamethasoneMaxidexMetazone
The closest analogues: Dexmethasone Phosphate, Dexapos, Medexol, Dexazone, Maxidex, Oftan dexa chlora, Pharmadex, Dexmethasone VFZ, Ozurdex, Hydrocortisone.
During pregnancy and lactation
The use of drops by pregnant and lactating women is not recommended.
There are few reviews of Oftan Dexamethasone eye drops, but most of those that are available are good. The medicine is often used to relieve inflammation when wearing contact lenses, with conjunctivitis. The drug is quite effective and inexpensive.
Price Oftan Dexamethasone, where to buy
The price of Oftan Dexamethasone eye drops is 95 rubles per 5 ml bottle.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Oftan dexamethasone eye drops 0.1% 5 ml Santen AO220 rub.order
- Oftan Dexamethasone 0.1% 5 ml drops Santen AT, Finland 47 UAH
- Oftan dexamethasone liquid Oftan dexamethasone hot-smoked 5ml Finland, Santen 58 UAH order