In 1 ml of Progesterone 1% injection contains 0.01 grams of active substance, as well as benzyl benzoate (Benzylii benzoas) and refined olive / peach oil (Oleum Oliva / Oleum Persicrum).
The composition of one milliliter of Progesterone 2.5% injection solution includes 0.025 grams of active ingredient, benzyl benzoate (Benzylii benzoas) and refined olive / peach oil (Oleum Olivrum / Oleum Persicrum).
Progesterone 1% and 2.5% is available in 1 ml ampoules, packaged in packages of 5 or 10 pieces.
The composition of the gel and capsules varies depending on which pharmaceutical company produces these dosage forms.
To date, in pharmacies sold:
- Progesterone in pills for oral administration and in capsules for intravaginal use;
- Progesterone in injection ampoulesin peach or olive oil;
- Gel Progesterone for external use.
Progestogen. The active substance of the drug refers to clinical and pharmacological group "gestagens"and takes part in the functioning of the “hypothalamus-pituitary-ovary” system.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Progestogen - this is steroid hormonewhich is produced in the body corpus luteum ovaries.
The mechanism of action of progesterone preparations is associated with their ability to interact with specific progestogen receptors, which are located on the surface of target cells.
Contacting them, the substance penetrates the cell nucleus, activates deoxyribonucleic acid and stimulates the synthesis of ribonucleic acid.
The effect on a woman’s body is that the drug:
- stimulates the transition of the endometrium (the mucous layer of the inner mucous membrane that lines the uterine body) from the proliferative phase, which coincides with the ovulatory and follicular phases of the ovarian cycle, into the secretory;
- creates optimal conditions for implantation the embryoreduces sensitivity uterus and fallopian tubes to the action of oxytocin and has a tocolytic effect;
- stimulates lipoprotein lipases;
- increases body fat reserves;
- helps to increase the level of induced and basal (background) insulinstimulates intracellular utilization glucose;
- enhances cumulation glycogen in the liver;
- stimulates adrenal cortex synthesis of mineralocorticosteroid hormone aldosterone;
- provokes hypoazotemia;
- increases urinary excretion of nitrogen containing metabolic products;
- inhibits the production of a number of hypothalamic release factors luteotropin (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and, accordingly, biosynthesis pituitary gonadotropic hormones;
- reduces the permeability of the capillary wall in the tissues of the mammary glands;
- reduces puffiness dependent menstrual cycle phases connective tissue framework;
- suppresses proliferative and mitotic activity ductal epithelial tissue (in the case when progesterone is used in the form of a gel).
With oral administration, intravaginal administration of the drug in capsules, the injection of an injection solution under the skin and muscle, the substance is rapidly absorbed. When applied to the skin in the form of a gel, it is almost not absorbed and does not enter the systemic circulation.
The maximum plasma concentration when taking the pill inside is noted after 1-3 hours, with intravaginal application this indicator is reached after 2-6 hours.
Progesterone is characterized by its ability to bind to squirrels 96-99% (mainly with albumin (approximately 50-54%) and 43-48% s corticosteroid-binding globulin).
AT liver the substance is biotransformed into inactive metabolites (mainly in pregnandiol and pregnanolone).
50 to 60% of the substance is eliminated the kidneys, more than 10% - with bile; excreted with bile the products metabolization progesterone excreted with contents intestines and may be exposed enterohepatic recirculation.
Indications for use
Progesterone: why is it needed in capsule form for oral administration?
Reception of capsules is shown at premenstrual syndrome and if a woman is diagnosed fibroadenomatosis (fibrocystic disease).
As progestogen component the drug is prescribed for HRT (hormone replacement therapy) in the period preceding menopausedirectly at menopause (including if menopause premature), as well as postmenopausal period.
Capsules for intravaginal administration: indications for use
Capsules for intravaginal administration are indicated:
- if necessary, the appointment of a HRT woman ovarian dysfunctionaccompanied by a lack of progesterone (oocyte donation);
- for supporting luteal phase in preparation for ECO;
- for supporting luteal phase in induced or spontaneous menstrual cycle.
For preventive purposes, the drug is prescribed to prevent the usual and threatening spontaneous abortiondue to gestagen deficiency; at endocrine infertility; to prevent development fibromyomas and endometriosis.
Indications for use of oil solution
Since progesterone causes menstruation (if their delay is due to a deficiency of this hormone), it is prescribed for various kinds of correction menstrual irregularities.
So, the appointment of an oil solution is advisable when amenorrhea (absence of menstrual bleeding for several cycles) and oligomenorrhea (that is, with a delay in menstrual bleeding for more than 40 days).
In addition, injections are prescribed for:
- related to gonadal insufficiency algomenorrhea (painful periods);
- anovulatory metrorrhagia (not associated with ovulation of uterine bleeding);
- endocrine infertility (including due to insufficiency of the corpus luteum);
- threat spontaneous abortion;
- diagnostic procedures aimed at determining the level of secretion estrogen +.
With a delay in menstruation, progesterone can be used both in tablet form and in injections. However, an injection solution is still most often prescribed, since the effect after it is noticeable much faster than after taking the tablets.
Indications for use of the gel
Applications using progesterone in the form of a gel are prescribed for mastalgia and mastopathy.
Intravaginal gel applications are indicated for the treatment of progesterone deficiency secondary amenorrhea, as well as in reproductive programs, if a woman needs to make up for a lack of progesterone with oocyte donation.
All dosage forms of Progesterone are contraindicated:
- at hypersensitivityto the components of the drug;
- in the presence of serious impaired renal function and / or liver function;
- in case the patient is diagnosed hepatitis;
- at acute form of inflammation of the venous walls, as well as when proceeding in acute form thromboembolic diseases;
- patients at increased risk of education blood clots;
- vaginal (vaginal) bleeding of unknown nature;
- incomplete abortion;
- porphyrin disease.
Additional contraindications to the appointment of an oil solution are:
- Availability malignant tumor of the breast or genitals (at breast carcinoma exceptions are cases where progesterone is prescribed as part of complex therapy);
- pregnancy (starting at 14 weeks).
Treatment with progesterone can cause allergic reactions.
The effect on the woman's body of the drug in the form of capsules in some cases is accompanied by:
- increased drowsiness;
- occurring 1-3 hours after taking the pill, coming dizziness;
- of various kinds menstrual irregularities (for example, shortening its duration or the appearance of intermediate bleeding).
The most common side effects of injections:
- acute blockage of the lumen of blood vessels by a thrombus;
- thrombophlebitis (thrombosis accompanied by inflammation of the venous wall);
- retinal blood vessel thrombosis;
- performance improvement blood pressure;
- the appearance of edema;
- chronic cholecystitischaracterized by the formation of calculi in the gallbladder (calculous cholecystitis);
- increased drowsiness;
- visual impairment;
- hair loss (alopecia);
- decline libido;
- hirsutism (woman’s hair growth in the male type);
- bouts of nausea and vomiting;
- impaired appetite and, as a result, weight loss;
- menstrual irregularities;
- cholestatic hepatitis;
- dysphoria (gender identity disorder);
- non-breastfeeding of milk from the mammary glands (galactorrhea);
- breast enlargement, tenderness, and tension;
- local reactions (redness of the skin and soreness at the injection site).
Instructions for Progesterone (Method and dosage)
Progesterone injections: instructions for use
Progesterone injections are done in the muscle or under the skin.
At dysfunctional uterine bleeding daily administration for 6-8 days of 0.5-1.5 ml of a one percent solution is indicated. If the patient underwent a procedure for curettage of the uterine cavity, the course of injections begins after 18-20 days.
If curettage is not possible, administration of the drug is allowed even during bleeding. When using Progesterone during bleeding, the latter may temporarily increase (usually by 3-5 days).
For this reason, patients with moderate or severe forms anemia it is recommended to pre-transfuse 0.2-0.25 l of donated blood. With stopped bleeding, you should not interrupt the course of treatment before 6 days. In the event that bleeding did not stop after 6-8 days of treatment, it is considered inappropriate to continue the administration of the solution.
At algodismenorea (painful periods) treatment begins 6-8 days before the onset of menstruation. Patients are shown daily administration for 6-8 days from 0.5 to 1 ml of a one percent solution. The course of treatment is allowed to be repeated several times.
For preventive purposes for spontaneous abortion warnings from 0.5 to 2.5 ml of a one percent solution is administered daily or every other day. Injections continue to do until the threatening symptoms disappear completely. With the usual miscarriage, the drug should be administered until the fourth month of pregnancy.
The maximum single and daily dose for adult patients with the introduction of Progesterone into the muscle is 0.025 g.
Progesterone for menstruation: how to stab with a delay in menstruation
At hypogonadism, amenorrhea, and also to cause menstruation in case of delay, treatment begins with the appointment of estrogenic drugs. The goal of therapy is to achieve sufficient endometrial cell proliferation. At the end of the course with the use of estrogenic drugs, the patient is prescribed progesterone injections.
Treatment involves the introduction of 0.5 ml daily every day or 1 ml of a 1% oil solution (in some cases, Progesterone 2.5% may be prescribed to cause menstruation). Typically, 5 to 10 injections are required.
Instructions for Progesterone in tablets and in gel form
The tablets are taken orally (without being tied to the meal time) or they are used intravaginally, the gel is used as a local remedy. The dosage regimen, the optimal dosage form and duration of treatment are determined depending on the indications and characteristics of the course of the disease.
As a rule, the daily dose is from 200 to 400 mg of progesterone. For maintaining the luteal phase in IVFthe patient is shown a dose of 600 mg of progesterone, with a frequency of 3 times a day (200 mg every 8 hours).
One application requires 2.5 g of gel (equivalent to 25 mg of progesterone). The gel is applied using a special applicator-dispenser to the skin of the mammary glands daily once or twice a day (until completely absorbed) or the second phase of the menstrual cycle (from the 16th to the 25th day). Treatment is usually carried out for 3 cycles.
A second course is possible according to indications.
With an overdose of Progesterone, the risk of developing the side effects described above increases, and their severity increases. When undesirable symptoms appear, the use of the drug is stopped. After the disappearance of side effects, treatment is continued, but with lower doses.
An overdose of the drug in the form of a gel is considered unlikely due to the fact that its systemic absorption is extremely small.
Reduces the intensity of the action anabolic steroid drugs, oxytoxic drugs (i.e., stimulant uterine contractility), synthesized in the anterior pituitary gland gonadotropins.
Reduces lactogenic effect oxytocin.
With simultaneous use with diuretic drugs, bromocriptine; drugs that reduce high blood pressure; systemic coagulants, immunosuppressants Progesterone enhances the effects of these drugs.
When taking the drug in combination with barbiturates a decrease in its pharmacological activity is noted.
Progesterone reduces the effectiveness of anticoagulants.
Terms of sale
Store in a dry, dark place at a temperature of 15 to 25 degrees Celsius. Keep out of the reach of children.
The drug is suitable for use within 5 years from the date of release.
With caution and under constant monitoring, apply with heart and vascular diseases, epilepsymild or moderate impaired renal function, for the treatment of diabetics, patients suffering from bronchial asthma and migraine.
Progesterone is also prescribed with caution to patients with a history of mental disorders. When the first signs of depression occur, treatment is stopped. You should also pay attention to early signs of development. thromboembolism. Their appearance is a reason for drug withdrawal.
Patients with diabetes during treatment with Progesterone, indicators should be constantly monitored blood glucose.
Insofar as steroid hormones metabolized in the liver, progesterone is not prescribed to patients with impaired liver function.
Treatment with progesterone preparations may be accompanied by a weakening of the concentration of attention, therefore caution should be exercised when driving vehicles and engaging in other activities that require a high rate of psychomotor reactions or pose a potential threat to health and life.
Prolonged use of high doses of Progesterone can trigger the cessation of menstruation.
The preparation in the form of a gel is applied without rubbing it into the skin of the mammary glands and without massaging them. After applying the cream should not be in direct sunlight.
AnalogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:IprozhinUtrozhestanKrainonPrajisanDepo ProveraProgestogel
Progesterone-containing drugs are Utrozhestan, Iprozhin, Krainon, Prajisan, Progestogel, Endometrine. Multicomponent drug analogue - vaginal capsules Triozhinal.
The use of progesterone during pregnancy
Pills and injections during pregnancy are shown only in those cases when it is necessary to prevent spontaneous miscarriage. There is no reliable data on the safety of the use of a drug in the form of a gel during pregnancy.
During breastfeeding, you should refrain from using pills and injections of Progesterone. The gel is prescribed when there are no alternative methods of treatment, and the benefit to the mother potentially exceeds the risk to the child.
There is an opinion that the drug helps to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy, and therefore often ask questions, “How to disrupt an early pregnancy with Progesterone?”.
However, this is impossible, since progesterone, on the contrary, helps to strengthen pregnancy (for this reason, the drug is prescribed for women who are diagnosed with infertility, as well as for women who have an IVF procedure). But a deficiency of this hormone can just cause a miscarriage.
Reviews of Progesterone
The largest number of reviews on the drug can be found on special forums devoted to the problem of female infertility.
Most women who have difficulty conceiving and bearing a baby note the effectiveness of Progesterone even in cases where the patient suffered several miscarriages before the start of the course of using this remedy during the next pregnancy. That is, in some cases, Progesterone is the only chance to save a pregnancy.
However, there are negative reviews about the drug. They are associated with a sufficiently large number of side effects of the drug and the presence of contraindications to its use. In addition, some of the women treated with Progesterone did not notice any effect from the prescribed therapy.
Be that as it may, as in the case of other drugs, self-medication with progesterone drugs is unacceptable. You can start the course of application only after a comprehensive examination and on the basis of analysis data.
Progesterone price, where to buy
The price of injections in Russia is from 105 rubles per pack of ampoules with a one percent solution and from 360 rubles per pack of ampoules with an oil solution of 2.5%. You can buy tablets on average for 180 rubles (the price depends on the place of purchase, the manufacturer of the drug, the concentration of the active substance in one tablet and the number of tablets in the package).
In Ukrainian pharmacies, the price of Progesterone in tablets is an average of 45 UAH. The cost of ampoules with a solution of 1% - from 12 UAH, ampoules of 2.5% cost an average of 32 UAH.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Oxyprogesterone capronate (amp. 12.5% 1ml №10) 918 rub. Order
- Progesterone (amp. 1% 1ml №10) 343 rub.order
- Progesterone (amp. 2.5% 1ml No. 10) 680 rub.
- Progesterone 1% 1 ml No. 10 solution TOV "ФЗ" Biofarma ", Ukraine68 UAH to order
- Progesterone 2.5% 1 ml No. 10 solution ТОВ "ФЗ" БІОФАРМА ", Ukraine / PrAT" Biofarma ", Ukraine75 uah. Order
- Oxyprogesterone capronate 12.5% 1 ml No. 10 solution for injection TOV "FZ Biofarma", Ukraine114 UAH order
- Oxyprogesterone capronate ampoule Oxyprogesterone capronate solution d / in. 12.5% amp. 1ml №10 Ukraine, Biofarma ZAO 114 UAH to order
- PROGESTERON ampoule Progesterone oil solution. d / in. 2.5% amp 1ml №10 Ukraine, Biopharma CJSC 57 UAH order
- PROGESTERON ampoule Progesterone oil solution. d / in. 1% amp. 1ml №10 Ukraine, Biofarma ZAO 59 UAH order
- Progesterone 2.5% / 1 ml No. 10 solution d / in.oliv. oil Biofarma (Ukraine) 1 tg.order
- Oxyprogesterone capronate 12.5% / ml No. 10 solution for in.oliv. oil Biofarma (Ukraine) 1 tg.order