The composition of these eye drops includes the following active substances:
- zinc sulfate - 10 mg;
- diphenhydramine hydrochloride - 10 mg;
- naphazoline hydrochloride -10 mg.
Excipients: sodium citrate, citric acid, benzalkonium chloride, dye blue methylene, sodium chloride, hypromellose 4000, sodium hydroxide, distilled water.
Eye drops, 10 ml, 5 ml.
Okumethyl is a topical drug that is used to treat ophthalmic diseases of a different nature.
Thanks to its active substances, this drug helps to reduce swelling of the eyelids by blocking histamine receptors and effective vasoconstriction. The composition of the drug includes naphazoline hydrochloride, positively affecting the mucous membrane of the eyes, reducing the inflammatory process. Zinc sulfate in Okumetil acts as an antiseptic.
Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics
Topical eye drops Okumetil is a combination agent, which consists of three active substances.
Zinc sulphate when used correctly, it has not only antiseptic, but also anti-inflammatory effects on tissues.
Naphazoline in its structure refers to sympathomimetics, therefore, with regular use of the drug in the treatment of various ophthalmic diseases there is a decrease in tissue swelling and mucosal hyperemia.
Diphenhydramine acts by blocking the H1-histamine receptors, thereby preventing swelling of the tissues and reducing the permeability of capillaries.
Okumetil is indicated for topical use, during which it is absorbed. Other information, including the degree of penetration of the active substances of eye drops into the tissues of the organ of vision, is absent.
Indications for use
Okumethyl drops are indicated for use in the treatment of ophthalmic diseases such as:
- chronic nonspecific conjunctivitis and blepharoconjunctivitis;
- allergic conjunctivitis and blepharoconjunctivitis;
- angular conjunctivitis.
Also, the drug is prescribed to reduce the symptoms of eye tissue irritation. Symptoms are expressed by a strong local reddening of the tissues, itching and a sensation of the presence of a foreign body.
The drug Okumetil, despite its apparent simplicity, has a fairly large number of contraindications for use:
- Okumetil eye drops cannot be used during pregnancy and lactation.
- It is not recommended to use eye drops for hypersensitivity to one of the active substances.
- Drops are contraindicated in children under two years of age.
Also, experts advise not to use the tool in the presence of the following diseases:
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- epileptic seizures;
- various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- dry eye syndrome;
- bronchial asthma;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, including arterial hypertension;
- thyroid dysfunction;
- atherosclerosis pronounced etymology;
The most common side effect of Okumethyl is a mild burning eyes after instillation. Also, short-term blurred vision and the manifestation of various allergic reactions are often observed. People with the so-called "aphakic eye"(in the absence of the lens) the use of this drug may be accompanied by development maculopathies (damage to the posterior segment of the eye - the central part of the retina, which is called macula) and the appearance central scotoma (visual field defect when a dark or colored spot "hangs" in front of the eye). If these side effects occur, the use of eye drops must be discontinued, which will lead to the reverse development of symptoms.
Topical application of eye drops can trigger development reactive hyperemia due to the drug naphazoline. In addition, nafazolin in the composition of the drug can cause swelling of the mucous membrane of the eyes, increased intraocular pressure and dilated pupil.
Much less often, the use of this medication causes:
- increase in blood pressure;
- paresis of accommodation (decreased ability to distinguish small details);
- photosensitization (hypersensitivity of the mucous membrane);
- dry mucous membrane followed by numbness;
- feeling of weakness;
- impaired coordination of movements;
Instructions for use Okumetila
The instruction for Okumetil is not difficult. Eye drops should be used twice a day, 1 drop in each conjunctival sac.
The use of this drug should be discontinued if no positive changes have occurred within three days from the start of the course of treatment.
An overdose of this drug is unlikely, since the systemic absorption of the active components of this drug is relatively low.
Interaction with other drugs
There are drugs and groups of drugs, in the interaction with which the drug Okumetil has the opposite effect, or the effect of it is neutralized. Among these drugs:
- MAO inhibitors - use of eye drops is not recommended, as blood pressure may rise.
- Hypertensive drugsit is also not recommended to use simultaneously with eye drops, as the hypertensive effect may intensify.
- CNS stimulants- reduce the stimulating effect.
- Local ophthalmic anesthetics are completely incompatible with ocumethyl eye drops.
- Preparations of silver salts - are not compatible in pharmaceutical composition.
- Citral - absolute incompatibility with Okumetil.
- Ichthyol - also incompatible with these eye drops.
- Quinine-containing preparations - Experts strictly prohibit the use of two drugs at the same time.
- Lead-based drugs - taking such drugs is strictly prohibited along with these eye drops due to complete incompatibility.
Terms of sale
You can buy Okumetil in pharmacies without a prescription.
The storage temperature of Okumetil should not exceed room temperature - 15-25C Celsius. It is recommended to store the drug in a dark room.
Drops in sealed packaging can be stored for up to three years. After a violation of the tightness of the package, the drug can be stored for no more than one month.
Analogs OkumetilaMatches for ATX Level 4 code:VisopticVizinVizin ClassicOxymetazoline
The analogues of Okumetil include Vizin, Octilia and Naphthyzine. More drugs with similar composition are not represented on the pharmaceutical market.
Reviews about Okumetil
Reviews of eye drops Okumetil are controversial. It is noteworthy that in specialized forums, positive reviews about this drug prevail over neutral ones. There are few negative reviews, which allows us to conclude that the eye drops have a good effect in the treatment of a variety of ophthalmic diseases.
The price of Okumetil is relatively low - about 150 rubles.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- I glimpsed drops of hl. 10mlAlexandria230 rub.order
- Okumetil (fl.-cap. 10 ml (hl. Drops)) 228 rub.order