One tablet of Monopril, depending on the dosage, may contain 20 or 10 mg fosinopril sodium as an active substance.
Additional substances: crospovidone, microcrystalline cellulose, lactose, polyvinylpyrrolidine, sodium fumarate.
Monopril is a flavourless white, round, biconvex tablet, serifed from one edge and engraved with “609” or “158” from the other.
- 14 such tablets of 20 mg per blister, two blisters in a paper bundle;
- 10 such tablets of 10 mg in a blister of plastic and aluminum foil, one or two blisters in a paper bundle;
- 14 such tablets of 10 mg in a blister of plastic and aluminum foil, one or two blisters in a paper bundle.
The drug has hypotensive action.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor. Chemically fosinopril sodium - fosinoprilat ester sodium salt.
Fosinoprilat is a selective competitive blocker angiotensin converting enzyme. After ACE inhibition, it inhibits transformation angiotensin first type in angiotensin second type possessing vasopressor action. This leads to a decrease in content. angiotensin the second type in the blood - this causes a decrease in its vasoconstrictor activity and a weakening of secretion aldosterone.
Fosinoprilat slows down the exchange bradykinin and therefore its antihypertensive effect is enhanced. Pressure reduction is not accompanied by a decrease or increase in circulating blood volume, renal and cerebral blood flow, and blood supply to organs. After internal intake antihypertensive the effect occurs within one hour, becomes maximum after 2-5 hours and lasts up to a day. Several weeks are necessary to achieve the greatest therapeutic effect.
Antihypertensive effects of thiazide diuretics and fosinopril complement each other.
The drug helps to reduce sensitivity to physical activity, lower the severity of heart failure.
After oral administration, absorption from the intestine reaches 30-40% and does not depend on food intake. The maximum plasma concentration occurs after three hours. Interaction with blood proteins reaches 95%.
Enzymatic hydrolysis of the drug occurs in the liver and intestinal mucosa. Fosinoprilat It is excreted equally through the digestive tract and kidneys. The elimination half-life is close to 11 hours.
Indications for use
- heart failure;
- arterial hypertension (both in the form of monotherapy and as part of a combination treatment).
- Quincke's edema.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
- Age to 18 years.
- Pregnancy or lactation.
Use with caution when:
- bipolar renal artery stenosis;
- aortic stenosis;
- condition after a kidney transplant;
- renal failure;
- systemic lesions of connective tissue;
- cerebrovascular disease;
- coronary heart disease; heart failure chronic type 3-4 degrees;
- inhibition of hematopoiesis in the bone marrow;
- in old age;
- conditions accompanied by a decrease in circulating blood volume.
The most likely side effects of Monopril.
- From the circulatory system: chest pain, fainting, orthostatic hypotensiontides arrhythmia.
- From the digestive side: vomiting, dyspepsia, pancreatitisincreasing content ALT and AST, hepatitis.
- From the nervous system: impaired sensation, feeling tired.
- From the genitourinary system: oliguria, proteinuriaincreasing concentration creatinineand urea.
- From the respiratory system: sinusitis, pharyngitiscough bronchospasm.
- From the musculoskeletal system: pain in the joints and muscles.
- Allergic reactions: photosensitization, itching, rash, Quincke's edema.
Instructions for use Monopril (Method and dosage)
Instructions for use Monopril recommends taking the drug inside. Dosage is selected individually.
Arterial hypertension. The initial dose is 10 mg once a day. It is necessary to select a dose observing the dynamics of pressure reduction. The standard dose ranges from 11-40 mg once a day. If there is no sufficient hypotensive effect, you can additionally prescribe diuretics.
Heart failure. The initial dose is 5 mg up to two times a day. Over time, the dose is allowed to increase to 40 mg per day.
Symptoms: severe pressure loss, bradycardia, shock, violation of the water-mineral balance, acute course renal failure, stupor.
Therapy: stop taking Monopril, gastric lavage, use sorbents, vasopressor agents, the introduction of intravenous saline, followed by symptomatic and supportive therapy. Hemodialysis ineffective.
Simultaneous use with antacids reduces absorption fosinopriltherefore they should be used with an interval of 2 hours.
When combined with lithium salts increased risk of intoxication lithium.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs suppress antihypertensive action of Monopril and similar drugs.
With the simultaneous use of the drug with diuretics an excessive decrease in pressure may develop.
Preparations containing potassium and potassium-sparing diuretics increase the likelihood of development hyperkalemia.
Fosinopril activates hypoglycemic Effect insulin and derivatives sulfonylureas; increases the risk of leukopenia when applied with cytostatic agents, immunosuppressants, allopurinol, procainamide.
Estrogens suppress antihypertensive Monopril effect.
Terms of sale
The drug can be purchased with a prescription.
Store in a dry place in the temperature range of 15-25 degrees. Keep out of the reach of children.
No dose adjustment required fosinopril in older people. Safety of use in children has not been established.
You must be careful when driving, as dizziness is possible, especially in the initial stages of treatment.
Monopril's analogsMatches for ATX Level 4 code:DilaprelPrenesaEnapDirotonLiprilReniprilParnawelFozinapTritaceEnamZokardisFosinoprilLisinoprilCaptoprilRenetekHartilFosicardAmprilanRamiprilPerindopril
The most common analogues of Monopril: Fosicard, Fosinap, Fosinotec, Fosinopril-Teva.
The drug is contraindicated for use in children.
In pregnancy (and lactation)
Pregnancyand lactation are contraindications for the treatment of Monopril.
Reviews about Monopril
Reviews of Monopril indicate that the treatment regimen of the drug must be adjusted in each individual case, depending on the nature of the course of the disease and individual characteristics. Based on these estimates, we can conclude that the drug is more effective as part of complex therapy.
Price Monopril, where to buy
The price of Monopril 20 mg No. 28 in Russia fluctuates around 309-430 rubles, in Ukraine - 173-273 hryvnias.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Monopril Tab. 20mg n28 Bristol Myers Squibb C.p.L./ICN Polfa Rzeszow S.A435 rub.order
- Monopril tablets 20mg No. 28477 rubles to order
- Monopril tablets 20mg No. 28460 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Monopril 20 mg n28 tabletValeant LLC / ICN Polf Rheshu570 rub.order