The composition of the tablets is 250 mg ursodeoxycholic acid + magnesium stearate, corn starch, titanium dioxide, colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide, methylhydroxybenzoate, acetic acid, gelatin, propylhydroxybenzoate.
The drug is released in the form of small opaque gelatin capsules. Color: white or almost white. The capsules are hard, each containing a white or almost white powder.
Capsules are sold in blister packs, 1,2,3,4,5 packs in a cardboard box. Or in banks of 50 or 100 pieces.
Hepatoprotector, choleretic and cholelitholytic means.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
Besides hepatoprotective and choleretic action, the medicine has the ability to lower cholesterol and stimulate work the immune system.
Ursodeoxycholic acid integrates into membrane shell hepatocyte cellsthus stabilizing their structure and protecting cells from the effects of bile acid salts. The drug has the ability to reduce the level of dangerous acids - chenodeoxycholic, deoxycholic and others, stimulates activity calcium dependent alpha protease.
The medicine reduces synthesis cholesterol in the liver and its concentration in bile, stimulates the production of bile and its excretion. Amplification occurs pankeratic and gastric secretion.
When taken orally, it has the ability to dissolve cholesterol stones and lower the level cholesterol, generally. The tool increases the number T lymphocyteseducation IL-2reduces the amount of eosinophilsthereby stimulating cellular immunity.
The absorption of the agent occurs in fine and ileum. The maximum plasma concentration of 5.5 mmol per liter is observed after about an hour. The active substance is almost completely (up to 99%) bound to plasma proteins. The effectiveness of the drug linearly depends on the concentration of this acid in bile and the amount of medication taken.
The drug undergoes metabolism in the liver, then its active metabolites are excreted in the bile (about 60%). Only a small part of it is broken down by bacteria in the colon.
Indications for use
Indications for use of the drug are:
- biliary reflux gastritis;
- primary cirrhosiswithout decompensation;
- the need for dissolution gall bladder stones small and medium sizes, with its normal functioning.
The medicine is contraindicated for use:
- in acute inflammatory diseases of the intestine, gall bladder and ducts;
- with severe diseases of the kidneys, liver and pancreas;
- pregnant and lactating women;
- if the gall bladder has ceased to function;
- in the presence of gallstones with a high content of calcium;
- children (up to 18 years old);
- at decompensated cirrhosis;
- at allergies on the components of the product.
Most commonly manifested: pain in epigastric region, right hypochondrium; abdominal pain; constipation or diarrhea.
- calcination gallstones;
- increased liver enzymes;
- nausea and vomiting;
- allergyskin rashes, hives.
Urdoxa, instructions for use (method and dosage)
The medicine is taken orally, washed down with water, without dividing and not biting the capsule.
Dosage and duration of administration vary depending on the disease, are prescribed by the attending physician.
Instructions for use Urdoksa
For treatment primary biliary cirrhosis dosage is selected depending on the weight:
- if the patient's weight is up to 50 kg, then 2 capsules are prescribed, distributed in two doses;
- with a body weight of 51 to 65 kilograms, 3 capsules per day are prescribed for 3 doses;
- if the weight is from 66 to 85 kg - one tablet in the morning, one at lunch and 2 at bedtime;
- with a weight of 86 to 110 kg - one tablet in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 2 in the evening;
- if the patient's weight is more than 110 kg, then the daily dosage will be 6 capsules distributed in 3 doses.
To dissolve cholesterol gallstones, appoint 250-500 mg of the drug per day (1 or 2 tablets). The drug is taken after and during meals, for 4-12 months. As a prophylaxis, 1 tablet per day is prescribed.
For treatment biliary reflux gastritis 1 capsule is prescribed, 1 time per day. The duration of admission is determined individually by the doctor.
No cases of overdose have been reported. If an overdose still occurs, you should take cholestyraminewhich forms chelating complexes with bile acids.
Do not combine the drug with cholestyramine and other means that reduce the absorption of bile acids in the intestine, estrogen, lipid-lowering drugs, hormonal contraceptives, hepatotoxic medicines.
Terms of sale
Need a recipe.
You need to store the medicine in a dry, cool place, without direct access to sunlight. Keep out of the reach of children.
4 years. If the expiration date has expired, taking the drug is highly not recommended.
If the medicine is used to dissolve gallstones, in order to achieve a good result and reduce the likelihood of adverse reactions, certain conditions must be met:
- the size of the stones is not more than 20 mm;
- stones should be X-ray negative;
- the gallbladder should not be inflamed, should continue to function;
- the bubble can be filled with stones no more than half.
Every month (at the initial stages) or 3 months (treatment for about six months), level control should be performed liver enzymes. Then, within 3 months, after the complete dissolution of the stones, the drug should be taken for prevention.
Analogs of urdoxMatches for ATX Level 4 code:UrsodexHenofalkUrsolivUrsofalkHoludexanUrsocholUrsodezUrsosanLivodex
Analogs: Choludexan, Livodex, Urso, Ursosan, Ursodez, Ursodex, Ursoliv, Ursor, Ursofalk, Exhol, Ursodeoxycholic acid.
Ursosan or Urdoksa - which is better?
The original and its analogue are no different from each other. Urdox and Ursosan - the same medicine. Their only difference is in the producing country. Urdox- domestic analogue Ursosanawhile raw materials for the manufacture of the drug are purchased abroad. In this regard, both drugs may differ except in cost. In this case, Urdoxsomewhat cheaper than its counterpart.
Reviews on urdox
There are mostly positive reviews on the Internet about Urdox. People taking the medicine were mostly satisfied with the result. Some complain of adverse reactions such as hair loss, back pain and nausea.
The price of urdox is about 1000 rubles per 100 capsules of 250 mg.
The price of urdox in Yekaterinburg is 650 rubles, 50 capsules.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Urdox caps. 250mg n50Farmproekt ZAO / Obolenskoe ZAO FP663 rub.order
- Urdox caps. 250mg n100Farmproekt ZAO / Obolenskoe ZAO FP1229 rub.order
- Urdoxa capsules 250mg No. 50726 rub.order
- Urdoxa capsules 250mg №1001297 rub. Order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Urdox 250 mg No. 100 capsFarmproekt ZAO / Obolenskoe ZAO FP1437 rub.order