The composition of one milliliter of solution includes 215.2 mg Cerebrolysin Concentrate (peptide preparation derived from porcine brain) and auxiliary components: caustic soda (Natrii hydroxidum), water for injection (Aqua pro injectionibus).
The drug is available in the form of injection solutionwith 5% concentration. In pharmacies, the drug is delivered to apmulah (Cerebrolysin 5 ml No. 5; 1 ml No. 10; 2 ml No. 10; 10 ml No. 5) and in 30 or 50 ml brown glass bottles sealed with rubber stopper with fluoropolymer coating.
You should know that cerebrolysin not available in tablets.
The drug is stimulant of neurometabolic processes (has a nootropic effect).
Deproteinized hydrolyzate of pig brain substance stimulates cell differentiation processes, improves functional state nervous system cells and activates protection and update mechanisms.
Animal experiments have shown that contained in cerebrolysin biologically active amino acids and peptides have a direct effect on neuronal and synaptic plasticity, which in turn helps to improve higher brain functions.
Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
As a result of studies using cerebral cerebral ischemia models, it was found that the use of the drug allows:
- reduce heart attack;
- prevent development edema;
- stabilize microcirculation;
- normalize cognitive and neurological impairment;
- double survival rates.
Based on studies using models Alzheimer's disease allowed to draw the following conclusion: in addition to the fact that the drug has a direct effect on neurons, it also contributes to an increase in the number of molecules transporting glucose through BBB (blood-brain barrier), and as a result, compensates for the critical energy deficit in the body.
Quantitative analysis of encephalograms of healthy people and patients diagnosed vascular dementia, showed that against the background of the use of the drug Cerebrolysin:
- significantly increased neuronal activity (activity indicators are dose-dependent);
- objectively improve higher brain functions;
- the ability to self-service and perform everyday tasks increases (as a result, the patient is less in need of outside care);
The drug has neurotrophic activity, which allows you to significantly slow down, and in some cases stop progression of neurodegenerative processes.
During the experiments, it was found that Cerebrolysin does not provoke the formation of antibodies or the development of anaphylactic reactions, does not affect the immune systemdoes not stimulate histamine receptors and does not affect erythrocyte hemagglutination.
Because the pig brain derived proteolytic peptide fraction includes short biologically active peptides, similar or identical to those produced in the body, it is not possible to conduct an accurate pharmacokinetic analysis of the drug.
Based on the pharmacodynamics of the drug, it was concluded that after a single injection of the drug, the neurotrophic activity of the hydrolyzate in blood plasma determined within 24 hours.
Cerebrolysin components have the ability to penetrate BBB. In vivo preclinical studies have established an identical pharmacodynamic effect of the drug on CNS when introducing it into ventricles of the brain and with peripheral administration. These studies are indirect evidence of the ability of Cerebrolysin to pass through BBB cell membranes.
Indications for use of cerebrolysin
Indications for the use of Cerebrolysin are:
- organic lesions, metabolic disorders and degenerative diseases of the National Assembly (in particular Alzheimer's disease);
- complications developed against the background stroke;
- brain injuries and their consequences (conditions after neurosurgical surgery, transferred concussion and closed head injury);
- mental retardation in children;
- mental disorderswhich are accompanied by memory impairment, distraction, etc ...
The drug is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to its components, patients suffering from epileptic seizuresat severe renal impairment.
In rare cases, injections of Cerebrolysin can provoke:
- loss of appetite;
- depressive states;
- general weakness;
- arterial hypo - or hypertension;
- hyperventilation syndrome of the lungs;
- the appearance of shortness of breath;
- chest pain;
- fatigue increase;
- the appearance of flu-like symptoms.
Sometimes the therapeutic effect may be accompanied agitation- strong emotional arousal with manifestations of aggression, confusion, insomnia.
Too fast administration of the drug can cause disorders of the nervous system, skin and subcutaneous tissues: dizzinessoccurrences tremors, drowsiness, headache, Feel heatsweating enhancement itching and redness of the skin, skin rashes (including including the appearance of maculopapular rash), urticaria.
In isolated cases, it was noted:
- hypersensitivity reactions or allergic reactions, angioedema, anaphylactic shockchills and fever;
- generalized epileptic seizures;
- increased convulsive activity;
- a feeling of your own heartbeat, tachycardia, heartache, arrhythmia (similar symptoms occurred when the drug was administered too quickly);
- nausea and vomiting;
- constipation or diarrhea;
- reactions at the injection site (erythema, burning, local inflammatory reactions);
- pain in the neck, back (in its lower part), limbs.
Since the drug is often used to treat people of advanced age, some of the side effects that occurred during the period of clinical trials may not have a causal relationship with the use of Cerebrolysin (most of them arise in this category of patients not only with the use of the drug).
Some of the identified side effects with the same frequency occurred both in patients undergoing treatment with the drug and in patients taking placebo (changes in blood pressure, tremor, nausea, lethargy, dizziness, shortness of breath, tremor, diarrhea).
Cerebrolysin injections: instructions for use (method and dosage)
The drug is intended for intravenous and intramuscular administration.
In / in Cerebrolysin is administered in pure form at a dose of 5 to 10 ml. If the patient is shown a dose of 10 to 50 ml (the maximum allowable dose), the solution is recommended to be administered exclusively by slow intravenous infusion after preliminary dilution to 100 ml with one of the standard solutions: Ringer's solution, isotonic NaCl solution, 5% glucose solution.
According to the instructions for use of Cerebrolysin, in a diluted form at room temperature and in a place not exposed to sunlight, the drug remains physically and chemically stable for a day, however, from a microbiological point of view, the infusion solution should be administered immediately after preparation.
The duration of the course of treatment, as a rule, is from 10 to 20 days (daily administration of the drug is assumed).
A single dose of the maximum dose of the drug (50 ml) is allowed, but the course application of Cerebrolysin is considered more effective.
Of fundamental importance for achieving the clinical effect of therapy is the use of adequate dosages of the drug for the diagnosis, as well as the correct choice of the method of its administration.
Recommended daily doses:
- from 5 to 30 ml - with the degradation of cognitive function, organic pathologies and metabolic disorders of the brain;
- from 10 to 50 ml - to eliminate the effects of a stroke;
- from 10 to 50 ml - for the treatment of brain injuries and their consequences.
At neurological diseases in children shows injections with the introduction of 1 to 2 ml of the solution to the patient.
The recommended dose for children under the age of six months is 0.1 ml per kilogram of body weight. The maximum daily dose for patients in this age category should not exceed 2 ml.
The effectiveness of treatment increases with each repeated course. Treatment is usually continued until a significant improvement in the patient's condition occurs.
During the initial course, the number of injections can be reduced to 2 or 3 times a week. An interval should be maintained between repeated courses, the duration of which should be no less than the duration of the previous course of treatment.
The manufacturer does not release the drug in tablet form, so it makes no sense to look for instructions on Cerebrolysin tablets.
Cases of an overdose of Cerebrolysin have not been identified.
The drug is incompatible:
- with drugs that can change its pH (5.0-8.0);
- lipid-containing drugs.
Cerebrolysin may be used with balanced solutions amino acids, from vitaminsdrugs for the treatment of diseases heart and vascular systemhowever, it is contraindicated to mix these drugs in a single infusion bottle.
Particular attention is recommended to be given to potential pharmacological effects while using it with monoamine oxidase inhibitors(MAO) or antidepressants.
Terms of sale
To purchase the drug, you need a prescription.
The instruction recommends storing Cerebrolysin in its original packaging at a temperature of no more than 25 degrees Celsius. Keep out of the reach of children.
For the drug in ampoules - 5 years, in bottles - 2 years from the date of release.
The drug is prescribed with caution to patients with allergic (exudative-catarrhal) diathesis.
Evidence that the drug may increase the burden on the kidneys no, however, it should not be administered to patients with severe forms renal failure.
During clinical trials, no effect of the drug on the ability to engage in activities requiring attention and speed of psychomotor reactions, as well as on the ability to drive a vehicle, was revealed.
However, in some cases, the likelihood of developing unwanted adverse reactions from the mental sphere and the nervous system is not excluded, which in turn may temporarily impair the ability to drive a car and mechanisms.
A drug from an ampoule or vial should be taken immediately before injection by sludge infusion. In this case, an exclusively one-time set of solution from an ampoule or vial is allowed.
When a precipitate or impurities appear in the solution, as well as in the case of a change in the color of the solution, it is forbidden to use it. Under normal conditions, the color of the liquid is amber.
Cerebrolysin analoguesMatches for ATX Level 4 code:BravintonAcefenKarnitsetinPiracezinNooclerinSemaxPiracetamAminalonOlatropilFezamVinpocetineCerebrocurinCavinton ForteCalcium HopantenateCefabolCerebrolysatePramistarSydnocarbWinpotropilGlycine ozone
Cerebrolysin analogues in ampoules are drugs Amilonosar, Bravinton, Vinpocetine, Cavinton, Cortexin, Piracetam, Lucetam, Nootropil, Piracetam Bufus, Piracetam Vial, Picamilon, Ceraxon, Cerebrolysate, Escotropil, Winpotropil, Celllex, Thiocetam.
The drug also has analogues in tablets: Amilonosar, Acefen, Vero-Vinpocetine, Winpotropil, Vinpocetine, Vincetin, Ginkgo biloba, Glycine, Idebenone, Gopantam, Cavinton, Calcium hopantenate, Ginkome, Karnitsetin, Combitropil, Lucetam, Memotropil, Neuromet, Noben, NooCam, Noopept, Nootropil, Pantogam, Picamilon, Picogam, Piracezin, Lobster, Piracetam, Pyriditol, Telektol, Pantocalcin, Fezam, Phenotropil, Encephabol, Korsavin, Celestab, Carniteps.
Cheaper analogues of Cerebrolysin - Cerebrolysate, Glycine, Nootropil, Cinnazarine, Instenon.
In pediatric practice Cerebrolysin apply in the presence of reasonable evidence.
In pregnancy (and lactation)
Animal studies have not revealed a toxic effect of the drug on the reproductive system. However, data on how Cerebrolysin can affect the reproductive function of humans is not available today.
In this regard, pregnant women are prescribed it only in cases where there is no alternative therapy with Cerebrolysin. If it is necessary to undergo treatment with the drug during lactation, it is necessary to decide on the termination of breastfeeding.
Reviews about Cerebrolysin
As with any other drug, the opinions of doctors and patients about Cerebrolysin can be found very different. Moreover, many foreign experts consider it an expensive dummy with unproven effectiveness. At the same time, our doctors prescribe the drug quite often, and patients - if you believe the reviews left - quite often remain satisfied with the achieved treatment results.
For children, injections are effective if necessary. consequences of birth injurywith perinatal pathology central NA, to reduce tension NA. In addition, the drug stimulates brain development and speech in childrenwhich was delivered diagnosis of delayed speech development.
At the same time, many mothers note that the effectiveness of the drug depends on the correct selection of the dose and duration of treatment. Some believe that cerebrolysin works well in high dosages and in combination with a range of physiotherapeutic measures.
According to parents whose children were treated with the drug, especially pronounced progress in children is observed if therapy was started up to a year.
A number of negative reviews about Cerebrolysin for children is associated with the fact that injections are rather painful, expensive and have contraindications.
Adult reviews of the drug are quite controversial. On forums where people discuss certain medicines, many positive reviews were left about Cerebrolysin as an effective and time-tested remedy.
Some patients say they did not notice the expected effect. However, the instruction for Cerebrolysin warns that the greatest clinical effectiveness is observed after not one, but several courses of treatment.
The price of Cerebrolysin ampoules in Ukraine
The cost of ampoules of 1 ml No. 10 is 200 UAH, you can buy ampoules of 5 ml No. 5 for about 330 UAH. Ampoules of 10 ml No. 5 in Ukrainian pharmacies cost an average of 540 UAH.
The price of cerebrolysin in Russia
The prices for Cerebrolysin injections in the Russian pharmaceutical market are as follows:
- ampoules of 1 ml No. 10 - 660 rubles;
- ampoules of 2 ml No. 10 - 910 rubles;
- ampoules of 5 ml No. 5 - 970 rubles;
- ampoules of 10 ml No. 10 - 1350 rubles.
There is no point in looking for the price of Cerebrolysin in tablets, since the drug is available exclusively in the form of a solution.
- Online Pharmacies in Russia
- Online pharmacies in UkraineUkraine
- Online pharmacies in Kazakhstan
- Cerebrolysin r / d. 5ml n5EVER Neuro Pharma GmbH
- Cerebrolysin r / d. 20ml n5EVER Neuro Pharma GmbH2978 rub.order
- Cerebrolysin r / d. 10ml n5EVER Neuro Pharma GmbH 1360 rub.order
- Cerebrolysin (amp. 20ml No. 5) 2,922 rubles.
- Cerebrolysin ampoules 10ml №51494 rub.order
- Cerebrolysin (amp. 2ml No. 10) 1121 rubles to order
- Cerebrolysin (amp. 5ml No. 5) 1100 rub.order
Eurofarm * 4% discount on the promotional code medside11
- Cerebrolysin solution for intramuscular injection of 10 ml n5 ampEVER Pharma Yena GmbH / EVER Neuro 1586 rub.order
- Cerebrolysin solution for intramuscular injection of 2 ml n10 ampEVER Pharma Yena GmbH / EVER Neuro1115 rubles.order
- Cerebrolysin solution for intramuscular administration of 5 ml n5 ampEVER Pharma Yena GmbH / EVER Neuro 1099 rub.order
- Cerebrolysin 5 ml N5 injection 715 UAH
- Cerebrolysin 10 ml N5 injection 1147 UAH
- Cerebrolysin 430.4 mg 2 ml No. 10 injection for Ever Neuro Pharma GmbH., Austria678 UAH order
- Cerebrolysin 20 ml N5 injection for Ever Neuro Pharma GmbH., Austria 2025 UAH order
- Cerebrolysin ampoule Cerebrolysin injection 20ml No. 5 Austria, EVER Neuro Pharma 1979 UAH order
- Cerebrolysin ampoule Cerebrolysin injection 2ml No. 10 Austria, EVER Neuro Pharma 684 UAH order
- Cerebrolysin ampoule Cerebrolysin injection 10ml No. 5 Austria, EVER Neuro Pharma 1175 UAH to order
- Cerebrolysin ampoule Cerebrolysin injection 5ml No. 5 Austria, EVER Neuro Pharma 745 UAH order
- Cerebrolysin ampoule Cerebrolysin injection 1ml No. 10 Austria, EVER Neuro Pharma 673 UAH to order
- Cerebrolysin 10 ml No. 5 solution for in.amp.EVER Pharma Jena GmbH (Germany) 11 tg.order
- Cerebrolysin 5 ml No. 5 solution for in.amp.EVER Pharma Jena GmbH (Germany) 7 tg.order
- Cerebrolysin 2 ml No. 10 solution for inverting amp. EVER Pharma Jena GmbH (Germany) 7 tg.
- Cerebrolysin 1 ml No. 10 solution for inverting amp. EVER Pharma Jena GmbH (Germany) 5 tg.